1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you keep your dolls?

Dec 27, 2006

1. I have a vanity table I never use; it's built in in the bedroom and has become her home. When I have furnishings etc they will fit there. Meanwhile she perches on a box and seems content with it. (Mind you, it's a velvet box. Only the best for my Lishe's little butt.) XD

2. My doll has pillows, couch and chair...and yet his favorite spot is the top shelf of my bookshelf. :)

3. Yu and Imelda sit on my nightstand, with my betta fish and my random Guan Yu statuething. XD It's a bit crowded up there, so sometimes I set them in their boxes, which are right by my desk.

4. Orly sits on top of my stereo unless I decide to cuddle with him when I go to bed. I'd put him on my shelf with my other dolls but theres no room right now. This summer I hope to get a better shelf unit and put some of my other collections partially in storage.

5. They sit on a trunk in a "living room" sort of area. They are waiting on some better furniture, though.

6. We have an old rectangular table that used to be in the kitchen that I'm setting up for Cora. I'm making a little room for her. Painted walls with curtained windows, wooden floor, chairs and tables, etc. I've even found some adorably cute scale picture frames to put on the walls. ^_^

Now if I can just find/make a bookcase for her, and the books to fill it, everything'd be perfect!

7. Hm. Jay's usually near by for now. I'm still in the new doll owner stage. Course, when I'm sleeping, he's usually perched in his purple crate that's nailed to the wall. Keeps the cat from trying to gank his hands. >.>;

8. Misaki sits on a stack of CDs when I'm surfing the net/chatting/watching dramas/surfing forums etc. XD She's looking at the screen while I type this~ I don't have a bed for her yet so when I sleep at night she sleeps next to me too :'D sometimes she's on the shelf with my MLP and some soft toys too XD

9. I bought a book shelf for my dolls, so they can live in different stories and save space in my tiny apartment. I really hope I have more room so I can have more space to put their sofa and furnitures.

10. The boys are bookshelf dwellers, both at home and in my dorm room. When they're not on the bookshelf, they're usually sitting on the desk beside my computer, to keep me company while I'm working or chatting online. :3

11. Most of the time my guys are on the bed. I have a huge bed. But they have chairs and I will take them around the house or by where I work (their chairs are by my computer). Their clothes and accessories are in their boxes for the most part. Although Ryu has a draw of his very own because he has too much stuff.

12. well.. when I get my Kraven he's going to have to sleep beside me because I have no room at all for a bed or furniture for him.. nor is there room on my dresser or any shelves for him since my Apple Dolls and porclain dolls take up all the room XD.. luckily I have a queen size bed.. but we will be moving soon so maybe I might have a bigger room *prays* then I can make him stuff.. though he may still end up sleeping beside me.. as for my cat thank goodness she's lazy and just lays around all day.. she shows no interest in any of my things so i'm not worried about her messing with my boy.

13. Well my crew was on top of my dresser but right now they're downstairs on the floor. Some are on stands, some sitting on boxes or on a couple of turned over stair-case baskets. GraeMor & my F-31 are sitting on a doll-sized gossip bench I found. They're currently all playing "headboard" to the pallet I'm sleeping on for my bad back. I recently acquired a case for my Bella, as well as a chair & small chest for her. Molly is going to move into my dollhouse when I get it moved over here.

As for the cats, other than occasionally furring them when they rub against them *the odd things belong here, therefore we must fur them to make certain they know it* they pretty much ignore them. Except when I'm trying to take pics which is when Xena decides she must "help" by getting in the shot.:roll:

Morgan

14. I know 2 of my cats are going straight for Hodoo's fingers as soon as he arrives... ( ;_; they've proved it with figurines) It might not be best to leave your doll pointing/have any finger raised up.. or toes!

Cats have trouble getting to the higher shelves of book-cases, if you have one store them there~ also, introduce your cat to the doll to stop any 'cat inquision' ie: poking, shoving, chewing..EATING! XP

Everyone's cats so far seem well behavied..... c_c; mine eat mohair...

15. Mine live on the on the table next to my bed, either sitting on my music player or stading around it kind of.

16. Mine are sitting in a bookshelf, but I would like to buy a "little" table for make them a kind of mini-room... it would be nice ^^.

17. Well while I was living at my dad's house Lucine had a bed on my headboard and the boys were in a dresser drawer (most so I wouldn't mess them up) now that I am back at my house Lucine has either been coming with me to work or sleeping on the other half of my bed tucked in with some stuffed animals :lol: once we get more of them we are thinking of building them a house :)

18. Ryu follows me around the house when I'm home, and when not I just stick her back in her box (poor girl, I wish she had a nice bed or something XD)

19. I have nine cats and I have never had any trouble with them concerning my dolls. They kinda ignore them. They sniffed them when they first arrived but after I started playing with them they ignored them. Never had any try to hurt them.
      My three sit on the little sofa on an end table. I have more chairs and they could each have their own but them seem to like the sofa better.

20. I have a pair of antique doll beds that belonged to my mother; we've roped them together with a new matress, and all three curl up there together :XD

Hen: NOT BY CHOICE. T_T

During the day, when they're up and around, we each have a chair or sofa on our desks for our individual dolls <3 Eventually there's plans for a coffin for Caer, maybe even a doll-sized church that can be taken apart and put together. Eventually.

As for cats: We have six. For the most part they leave the dolls alone; the only one who's had a run-in with them is Caer (Homme Ducan) who had his wig knocked off. I'd advise covering wigs at night (we just use their blankets), or putting them somewhere the kitties can't reach.