1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you keep your dolls?

Dec 27, 2006

1. They are sitting out, but I need to make dust covers for them!

2. After having watched twenty-four episodes of Rozen Maiden, I'm very inclined to believe that they need a private place to rest away from human eyes. I'm actually going to take an antique wooden chest from our living room and put it in my room so Seionai could sleep in it. Yes, I'm a fanboy. :)

3. They basically live on any surface in my house high enough so lil grabby hands can't reach em. I would love to buy one of those cool trunks in the HD magazine this month. Sigh.

4. My dolls just usually sit on the sofa, on bed, or on top of my cd-player. Maybe someday they'll have a little room of their own in my bookself.

5. My dolls cover what was SUPPOSED to be the side-table in my office area. It was SUPPOSED to be a space to lay out books and printouts and so forth as I worked on papers for classes (I just got my 2nd master's degree 2 weeks ago).

BUT. The dolls started using an old library bookshelf -- the kind that sits on top of something else -- as a sofa. And then they spilled over onto the table. And then I bought two overstuffed chairs, and they perched on those, too, as well as the little end-table that came with one.

I ... need to build the big sofa I have material for.

I like having them next to me all the time.

And my two old lady cats love them. The only disadvantage to that is that Emily, the one who is always on top of me, sheds like a sumgun. But hey, I'm always covered with cat hair, so why not my dolls. The cats are 14 and 19, so they don't exactly pose much of a threat otherwise.

6. Well i originally cleared off a desk in my room to bring in my computer from the computer room, so i could hole myself in my room and never come out again! Haha! But i relaised it was too much of a pain to run wireing all across the house for my cable internet. So i didnt know what to do with the space.

Then i bought a couch for Ringo...and noticed it was quite large for the initial area i had intended him to live in...so the computer area became the "Liveing room" of Haven Way. :D they have a few pieces of furniture, art on the wall, some plants, and its just sooo cool.

Even funnier is that my room is a mess, but their room is very liveable compared to mine! :D

7. Mine currently sit on scale-size chairs, though I too am worried that my cats might knock them off the table where the chairs are. Wish I did have a special place where they could be safe without them having to go into their boxes.

8. I used to keep my doll on a shelf above my nightstand...away from my two little dogs. However, one day I came home from work and found that my cat had apparently got up there and ate a few of my girl's fingers....the 22 pound cat that usually doesn't do anything except move from the couch to the bed a couple of times a day. I would have never guessed she would even notice my doll. Fortunatly, I was able to replace her hands, but after that trauma I keep her up in a glass doll cabinet and only take her out when I am home to watch her.

9. Britain- excellent advice on the wigs. I will do that.

10. Eily- I was thinking of a glass cabinet until I could see my cats reactions to her. If I got a large enough one I could make a living room inside of it. XD

11. The glass case with a living room inside sounds like a great idea until you know how your cat will react. I still don't know what possessed mine to try to eat my doll....but hopefully most cats don't do things like that.

12. My dolls like to have an adventure across my apartment (I live in a single-room apartment). Usually they sit on my desk or on my shelf. I have no pets to knock them over, so it is safe to place them almost anywhere. I like to keep them close to me though ^_^

13. Mine sit on top of a long bureau of drawers. I have it set up as a living room for them with pics on the wall scaled to their size.

14. The girl's been sat on any flat surface as I'm home at the moment. She's lounging on the sideboard with the china at the moment. We do have a dog but it's lovely and wouldn't dare to touch my girl. He's such a big softy. At home she sits on my book shelf in front of my to-read book pile. I want a propper space for her but none is forthcoming just now. I hate the thought of packing her away and locking her up in boxes or cabinets. I figured there's no point in having her if I'm gonna hide her away or can't cuddle her. I love to have her just sat there on the shelf.

15. My dolls are all around as well. When I get the bigger one, she will be like the model in the middle of the room, constantly being measured for clothing.

16. The only piece of furniture mine own right now is a large four-poster bed. Dawn and Dahlia could comfortable share it when they were alone, but now there's Darius, Day, little Berry and Ronja's head... They still spend most of their days sitting on the bed all together, but it's awfully crowded.

My ex-boyfriend is going to move out in a couple of weeks, though, and then I'll have two additional rooms for myself. I plan on getting some shelves and making rooms for my dolls, adding furniture and accessories as I can afford them.

17. Hi

My mnf Shiwoo sits in his chair next to my armchair.. on the floor in front of the unit sits my Elf Lishe and my mod Dreaming El in a large chair... other side of fireplace sit my school head A and Jun T with a bambicroni Roko sitting on her knee on a double rocking chair... on a lower shelf sit my Chobits Chi.. Megu... and Ken and a shelf above sit my Elf Vamp Lishe and Elf Vamp Yder with my Elf Kumi and my Orient Ji... on another shelf sit my daughters CH Mina her Myu and a little chinese bjd plus her Sharmin. My Tanned El normally sits on another chair near fire place.... (Fire place isnt used lol)

Hugs Maz x

18. My girl sits on my bed mainly in the day and half the time sleeps in her bed box the other half in bed with me but I don't cover her or sleep near her in case I damage her eyelashes or face up.
      If I have lots of people in my room I pack her away in her bed box, if I have just one person over and we are both on the bed I put my doll on the chair in my room. People have a habit of almost sitting on her if I leave her on the bed. :|

19. we have a room that has a slanted wall. It was supposed to be a spare room, but my boyfriend is 6'8" so that didnt work out. Now it's a place for drunk friends to crash and a holding pen for my makeup and fancy clothes. Since I have a two year old, and two dogs, it's the only safe place in the house. I already bought her a bed and a bunch of other stuff so she will have her own "area" when she arrives. I'm so excited! Now I just have to keep her away from my kids and the dogs! ACK!