1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you keep your dolls?

Dec 27, 2006

1. I set up a little bed and chair for him in the waaay corner of my room, away from my window. I don't want to put them in boxes because it's too much of a hassle and what's the point of owning a doll then -_-; I just try to stash him away from light/window/sun/etc..

Most of the time, he's just sitting with me on my desk, watching me do homework.

2. For my first BJD at first I put her on a Doll size Chair and up on a shelf, but then after I learn about yellowing (as the shelf is quite near the window; not direct sunlight but still...) I just put her back in her box...

Those dolls after, when I dont play, I just put them back in their boxes..

3. i keep mine in the box until i have somewhere safe to display him. i don't trust him alone around my cats.

4. They're on the living room table, still in their Christmas tableau. Otherwise, they're around the house in little chairs, on stands, or kipping in the sewing basket.

5. I'm so paraniod about Kale getting dirty or yellowing that he sleeps frequently in his box. But when he isn't I like to carry him where ever I am so that I can look at him. :)

I am however planning on making him a set with trees, rocks, dirt and tent...etc.

6. I just let them sit beside me...
      sometimes I will put them into a box

7. My roommate and I have doll sized furniture set up on various surfaces around the living room, though they often just sit on the sofa with me : )

8. My girls are here on a shelf by my computer..I do a lot of hand sewing here.So I have shelves and all my girls live around me..The room is all dolls ,sewing, and computers.lol..They model for me and I play with them in scenes..
      Hugs Phyllis Burki

9. Well, I've only had my doll for one week ;3; So far every night he goes back into his box... I'm afraid to keep him out somewhere in case my cats find a way to open the door to my room XD During the day he sometimes sits wherever I am so I can look at him~

As far as how the cats have responded: One cat is pretty terrified. The other one really likes my doll and tries to curl up on his lap. She likes him more than she likes me >_>

10. I envy the people who have a little miniature corner for them in their house! ^_^ My crew sleeps in a carrier for 2 dolls with their face mask on, away from dust, bugs (there are lots @ my house), and sunlight.

11. They're sitting on my desk, near the computer. I'd love to get them some armchairs or sofas though...

12. I keep my dolls on my bed xD

[​IMG]

It's a big bed, and I'm used to sleeping besides a large assortment of stuffed creatures, so its no problem. There really is no where else I can put them in my room, and they look so comfortable xDD didn't have anything else to do with all those doll pillows...

13. Mine stay in their boxes in a corner of my room until I can come up with something better. Plus, I don't trust my cats and younger brother around them. :|

14. Some of my tinies have taken over a bookshelf as their house. My father found himself under the spell of the tinies and now feels compelled to build them dollhouses. There's already one, and he's working on the second.

My Soom Uyoo also has a bookshelf and a boatload of Barbie furniture, because I think she's my fiance's favorite of all the dolls and he keeps buying her stuff.

Two of my MSDs have their own apartment, on two bookshelves glued back to back (so it was wide enough for their furniture), and some of the other dolls come visit them.

My SD dolls just hang out wherever. We have doll sized furniture all over the house, and they end up all over the place. It's their house too.

I have a very understanding fiance'.

Wendy

15. I have them divided up in my room. I've got a large tv entertainment center so 4 of them (or more) will go up there, and my couples currently are on this table that has to levels.

16. My bedroom and entire home is cluttered with two crazy cats on the loose. I have officially declared this a Dolly Disaster Zone, and so until they have a space bigger and better and more dolly-friendly, they sleep together in Wren's box, so neither has to be lonely, and Lynx's box is used for wig storage :)

17. My first doll, an msd, I fixed up a cute little suitcase for her to stand and sit in. She sleeps in there away from dust. My second doll, an sd boy, he sleeps in his CP box. He is a vampire after all, and is comfortable in that with his cushions. I take him out quite a bit and he sits next to me when I am in the house. Usually near the computer or t.v. area is the best place to admire him. My tiny bjd usually fits very nicely next to my boy in the box, at night. She comes out to sit on his lap when I take him out too. My husband is very understanding and knows I like dolls around me. My dog has sniffed them a bit, but moves on, so no problem with pets.

18. I bought a little wicker chair and they both fit just right next to each other.

19. My girl sits in my lap while I'm at the computer, usually, and next to me wherever else I happen to be. When I'm not home, she's on a doll stand waaay up high, where my kitties can't get to her, just in case. I've been considering taking her places with me lately. Places where I would never have to put her down only, though, unless it's like... to dinner. That'd be okay.