1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you keep your large doll?

Jun 3, 2018

1. I got an Ikea Detolf case and its great!

2. at home, my boys just sit on a basic wall shelf above my bed! i dont spend a lot of time in my room so the shades are nearly always pulled - im only ever in there when it's dark - not to mention my window faces south, so they're fine out in the open.

in my apartment at school, i didn't have a good place out of the sun to sit them. I made a padded "bed" to place on top of the dresser and would lay them down and mostly cover them with a pillowcase so it looked like they were sleeping lol. Kept em out of the sun and not dusty, but it could have the potential to goof up wigs if one isn't paying attention.

it is worth noting that i interact with my dolls pretty frequently so they don't really have the chance to get dusty in the first place. Also: neither of these options will work for many more dolls lmao. i can fit maybe two more boys on the shelf the way it is now, and the dresser has no chance to fit anyone else, lol

3. I have one 68cm boy and I absolutely love him to bits, but his size makes it nearly impossible to comfortably display him in my humble little room, so he stays in his box beneath my bed. It's a bit of a hassle to have to pull him out and unbox him each time I want to see him (which is often!), but it does keep him out of the sun and generally out of harm's way. Plus, it feels a bit like I get to rediscover him each time I open the box!

4. I have 3 65-70cms and they just sit away from direct sun on a shelf haha.

5. my msd girl sits on my shelf while i put my sd boy on a doll stand at a corner of my room since my shelf is too small for him.

6. Ten of my big dolls are sitting on the couch, two on my desk. Three on a wooden bench on my table (that I never use anyways) and another three are kept in boxes currently, due to lack of space.

7. Shelves and book-cases for the SD amd smaller dolls, the floor in the "Dolly-Drift" corner of the living-room for Daisy Bacon, my Lusion Daish:
      [​IMG]

Of course, the display changes as I move dolls around:
      Dolly Drift Corner

Teddy

8. I keep all of my dolls on shelves in their "rooms" and in their beds but my one SD guy just sits on the organizer next to my bed and watches me sleep :XD:

9. I have an ottoman my one big guy is using as a bed. He looks kinda cute all snuggled up with his pillow.

10. When i finally get my girl i will be making a chair fir her to sit on. Where i will put said chair...i have no idea:whee:

11. I live in a small, row-house style townhouse with large windows front and back that line up almost exactly east and west. That means my house gets a heck of a lot of natural light. My houseplants love that, but it renders most of the place unfit for light-sensitive resin dolls. So, my crew are confined to two matched sets of glass-doored display cabinets in the only parts of the house that AREN'T bright... the landing and hallway alcove between my living room and dining room/kitchen area and the side wall farthest from the window in the upstairs spare bedroom that I use as a library and sewing space. (A room where I usually keep the blinds down and curtains drawn, because a lot of sunlight isn't great for books either. They're only opened when I'm actually working up there.)

Having pretty serious "neat freak" tendencies, I refuse to allow the gang to clutter up my living space. All issues with the lighting aside, those cabinets also keep the collection organized and confined. They impose an upper limit on the gang, because once I'm out of space, there won't be any more acquisitions. No room at the inn and all that. :lol:

12. I have four 60cm dolls that I keep displayed on a desk in my room. Space is definitely a concern going forward because I feel like if I get any more I won't have an "attractive" place to keep them. My room is small and it's my preference that it doesn't look overrun with dolls since my family already side-eyes my collection.

I used to love that old thread on here where people would show where/how they kept their dolls. It was really interesting to see the different approaches.

13. Mine's sitting in a wicker chair inside my curio cabinet. I want to get a stand for her and rearrange the shelves so I can have all my dolls standing up on display.

14. I have a small 1-metre tall tower made up of storage, doll and figure boxes. My 4 doll bodies - two 65cm, one YID and one ID75 are sitting on top of those boxes and I cover them from dust and light with a big towel. I originally planned to put only two bodies there so its very cramped now :sweat I just can't bear to keep them back into their original boxes, I want to see them everyday haha.

15. I keep mine in a dresser with glass doors. I'm planning to move to a new apartment next year and really want to buy a special showcase just for dolls. So many dolls, so little space...

16. All my BJDs are in their storage cabinet, an IKEA bookcase with glass doors. My biggest dolls, a ~60cm couple and a 70 cm Granado, share one shelf. It's not really satisfactory since they sit with their backs to the sides of the bookshelf and keep their legs stretched out in front of them. I don't feel like it shows them off very well, and they take up a ton of space. I have another Granado on the way and no idea where to put him, so it's time to reorganize!

I think I need to invest in doll stands. I'd love them to stand up, but I'm afraid of them falling against the glass doors and being hurt.

17. I made a space on my IKEA bookshelf, as a little "room" of sorts. I'm still working to decorate it a bit, but I'm happy with it so far. All of them don't fit, so I set up a bed for Torsten & Luca on top of my small dresser.

[​IMG]

Pardon the clutter. :sweat

Bookshelf close-up
      Bed close-up

I really don't think poor Sariel is happy about having to sit in that ridiculous plastic chair, but it's what I have at the moment. LOL. Also, Torsten & Luca are definitely a bit too big for that bed. But, they do look cute lounging in it.

Hope this helps! :)

#37 Mekkisry, Jun 6, 2018
      Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    18. My dolls right now are in their boxes but I used to display them on my nightstand til got new room occupants (kittens) that were curious about them and I stored them for safety. I currently only have 3 dolls and 2 are the big boys, roughly 60cm, so they fit on my nightstand decently until I had to store them for safekeeping. Wish I had a better display option for them but space is limited.
      I'd love to have a doll display area one day...when there is space...and safe from kitten :P meaning I'd need my own room again.
      But yeah, my big boys just chilling in their box or carrier til I decided to play with them but they have to stay there for now.

19. I kept all of my doll in their boxes for now but is planning on a show case where I set up a little room for them!
      I bought this mirror show case and the mirrors between each stack is removable so I’m thinking of removing some to create more room so my doll can fit in. But put them standing might be way too tall as well (almost a metre!)
      So now I’m looking for a sofa where they can lay on and won’t need as much height as the standing position do.
      But my room is pretty much expose by sunlight from every angle so what I need first is a way to cover up the display when it’s sunny :(

20. I have a wide space available on the carpet for display; does anyone have a reason not to display a big doll on the ground, if they're held by a stand? No shoes allowed in the room, and of course his safety would be my first concern...