1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you keep your large doll?

Jun 3, 2018

1. I’d only be afraid of somebody tripping over them and/or pets getting at them. If you live by yourself and have no pets I can’t really think of anything.

2. MSDs are my preferred size, but I have plans to get more SDs in the future! Currently I have two: an Iplehouse SID and a Volks SD-10.

Kirkley the IH lives in the corner of my bookcase, literally! My MSDs have a bunk bed/desk (loft bed?) in there (that I'll probably sell eventually) they're all sitting on/posed around (along with my yo and the petdolls). It takes up most of the shelf space, but in the very back corner, behind/next to the ladder to get to the top bed bunk, looms Kirkley. Hidden in shadows, mysterious as Batman, staring out at you like he is planning something shady. :lol:

Eir, my Volks Kun, sits on the cube shelves next to it, on top of my gothic jewelry box--because the bunk bed comes too close to the ceiling of the bookcase, and Eir's big head can't fit in it, otherwise I'd have her lie on it :abambi:

I... Don't know where the others will go. My MSDs are already taking over my desk. I don't bother asking myself these questions. I will deal with where they go once they are in my hot little hands and out of their boxes LOL.

I need to have my dolls out, I don't see a point in buying them if I'm just gonna store them--but my room's windows are blocked with blackout curtains. I'm gonna make some cabinet doors to install on my bookshelf, and hopefully when I move out of the apartment I share with my mom, I can get a work room designated to art and my dolls. Would be so nice! ;__;

[​IMG]
      (Prism and Momoko, the last two to the right sitting on the ledge belong to kevi246.)

#42 PurpleCheeseStick, Jun 7, 2018
      Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    3. They are all stored in their boxes in my closet. I do have one exception, my Soom Crow sits out on a shelf in my bedroom because his box can't accommodate his wings. All of my other dolls have boxes that accommodate them for the time being, though I do have plans in the future to purchase Detolfs from Ikea and display them in those.

4. They have their own corner with furniture of my own making. I wish I had more room to make them a proper dollhouse. So they sit there and look pretty.

5. I have a resin buffet.I took a quick group photo for Doll Day today. The smaller ones all have chairs too, but I wanted to take a picture with them standing.

[​IMG]

6. Mine sit out and about, I play with them enough they don't get dusty, and there aren't any windows in my room.

[​IMG]

The bigger ones have chairs, usually like old toddler chairs from antique stores. The smaller SDs just sit on shelves and such.

7. Same here. I have 6 SD dolls and they sit on an open shelf. My room has 2 windows, but neither gets direct sunlight. My oldest doll is 7 years old and has barely yellowed at all.

If I had to keep any of my dolls in their boxes, I wouldn't have dolls at all. I would hate not being able to see them all the time. To me they are my companions and my comfort. I love seeing them every day.

8. I've three SDs in a showcase and one on a buffet in the living room. I've around 7 SDs in my workshop, three on an easel, four or more sitting in different places. The others are in their boxes, in my workshop.

9. My SDs and MSDs sit around the flat. Sometimes one will sit on the sofa (though I've learned they need a small cushion behind them to keep their wig from getting messed up) - especially if I'm working on something and need to keep measuring against them. I'm short on space and hoping when I reorganise I can make specific room for them - at the moment sometimes they need to be shuffled to other areas for me to do things.

10. I have 4 large dolls that I have had for years and they are always boxed up. I briefly displayed a couple years ago at the animation studio I work at. People kept wanting to mess with them, so I took them home. Personally not interested in displaying my dolls. I like to photograph them and use them for little projects, rather than display.

11. My 1/4th's have box rooms, my 1/6th are set up in a doll house. My 1/3rd dolls, which are relatively new, just kinda go where ever I can put them right now. They goal is to make them their own little unit, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

12. My dolls are on a Billy bookcase from Ikea with the glass door. Before that they were either in their box or a doll bag. I felt bad for them but it was the only way to protect them from the sun and my puppy. The book case really helped keep them nicely displayed and away from the sun.

13. I put my 1/4 size body in box and let 1/6 size body out in my daily life.
      (Yes, I use the same head.)

14. you girls are very neat.
      sadly I just stack them side by side against each other.

15. My doll just sits on my bed haha, I like to have him close by

16. I have big dolls sitting on a shelf, they do not fit anywhere, they feel quite comfortable sitting.

17. I always love seeing photos of your dolls, Teddy! It's so fun seeing so many different kinds all together.

My Lusion sits on my dresser with an SD and my only MSD. My favorite SD sits on a chair on my bedside table. I'm thinking of putting my other SD on a stand though because it would be nice being able to see her full outfit. Like most people in this thread, I keep my dolls out because I like seeing them all when I wake up in the morning!