1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you open your box?

Oct 16, 2010

1. I took pics of my first box opening. Not sure why though lol.
      Now I just take the box to my room and tear it to pieces in excitment ^_^

2. Very carefully.
      I always take pictures of the box and such just so I can remember it. I take a bazillion pictures of everything, because if I don't I tend to forget. So, I have to take pictures in order to remember.

3. I do take pictures and post box openings just in case someone might like to see a doll fresh from the company. But recently it's been getting really hard. I just wanna rip the box apart and get to the goodies, y'know? :sweat But then again, I enjoy revisiting my box openings because it reminds of how happy I was to be getting the doll and so I can see how far he's come from that very first day :)
      Anyways, I open them pretty slowly/carefully so as not to damage anything. No matter how excited I am, I make sure to pace myself just so that I don't accidentally wreck something. My hands shake a lot when I'm excited, and dropping a new doll would not be cool.

4. I've only had one box opening, but for that one I went about it very slowly and carefully, and took many pictures. xD
      If I have a next one, I think I will do the same thing :)

5. I like to open my doll boxes alone. So I can take my time and fawn over every little detail and thing, not having people to be rushing me to open it faster, or asking ridiculous questions. I like to take pictures... but that's something that also gets tossed aside when people are around while I'm opening.

So I really just like to open the doll alone, and assemble everything.. really just get a feel for it first, initial bonding and all that fun stuff. <33

6. I haven't bought my super dollfie yet but i'm scared that my impatient character might do me harm.. again. once i was so impatient to open a box that i stabbed my left hand with the scissors I was using to open it...ouch!

7. With a big knife?

I like to be alone, though. I had to wait a day to even open my Unoa Sist when she arrived. She got here shortly before it was time for the kids to get out of school.

8. I open the box and take photos. Not sure about going slowly aside from like... dealing with bubblewrap mummy.

Though between getting my 1st and 2nd doll, I took less pictures. @_@ Though the 2nd was sent to my parents while I was at college so I saw her before I personally opened her since I told my family to check she was okay.

9. I used to take box opening pics, but now I don't. But after I get my doll out of the box, I dress them up in a bunch of different things and try on a ton of wigs, and take pics of the ones I like a lot.

10. I do take pictures, lots of them. I get very excited getting a new doll home, but I'm kinda masochistic.

First I leave the box just in my perephiral vision and do something else for about half an hour (once I waited 3 days). Then when I can't stand it anymore, I get all my box opening stuff (camera, box cutter, BJD assisstant). And then I start opening the box, slowly, pausing every now and then to take a couple of pictures (I usually take about 60+ photos and then post less than 20). Around 2 hours after they arrive, the doll finally gets opened, lol.

I guess that's a little strange, right?

11. This. XD

I have no patience. I will probably never, ever take box opening photos. I'm all "Doll box? DOLL!" *riptearshredopenboxadmiredollcuddle*

No patience, me. None.

12. I use to open my boxes when I'm alone and to do it slooowly in order to drag the special moment out. If the doll is bubblewrapped I save unwrapping the face until last. Most often I take a couple of photos during the opening to keep as memories for my own sake and as reference if he/she is bought second hand and comes with a face up which I usually remove within hours to replace with a new one made by myself. I love box openings!

13. So far I only have one doll, but i'm bad at remembering to take pictures of 'important' moments. So I was surprised that I got even like six photos of the box opening. I definitely call whoever is available at that moment to come over and watch me open him. I like being excited with people around, so...i had my neighbor come over when my boy arrived since my grandmother wasn't home. ^_^ She was still her bathrobe too...

And i was so excited I ran to the door then slipped on the carpet cuz of my socks, and landed on my bum!

..so I'm definitely all about opening it the MOMENT it arrives. I don't think I'd wait if anyone wasn't around. I'd just...rip ripshredshred-is everything here-is he okay-OMGYAY!!!!

14. *sighs* I've only had one true box opening, but I believe it set the criteria for all others.

I chased after the mailman, who seemed bemused at how badly I wanted my package, thanked him profusely, and ran back inside carrying it. Looking funny.

I then had my photographer girlfriend take as many pictures of the box itself, me with scissors, and all sorts of things as possible. I then - very slowly - opened the box. I treat it like any wrapped present - the slower I open it, the more amused I get at other people's impatience. Nupe, I'm not sadistic at all.

We take tons of photos of the box, other dolls (if available), and various things - likes cats. Then there's a million and one pictures of my new doll, most of which never get posted anywhere as we're just now learning which angles and what settings suit him best.

15. I just take a video of me doing so. ^^ I would like to take photos too, but I get caught up in taking the video and end up with no photos. :sweat I also comment a lot to make the video more interesting (since I post on YouTube). ^^ And I take my take to try to not damage anything. O___O;;

16. Usually with one hand in the car on the way home from the post office. It's the one time I actually *want* the lights to turn red ;)

17. Well, I missed delivery due to changed work schedule, so I had to wait three more days and pick up at the post office. By then, I was so impatient I took the box to the car and opened her up right there in the parking lot. No pictures, likely some odd looks from other folks going in and out, bubble wrap trying to tangle in the steering wheel...

18. I immediately stash the box in my room, then go online/grab my cellphone and shout to the world that the box is here |D Especially notifying my other dolly friends that I have a new arrival.

Then I open the box with a pair of scissors or a pocket knife. When I get to the doll, I stop to wash my hands and take my time with the rest.

Opening a doll is a very private moment for me. I don't want anybody else to watch me do it, so I close the door and won't emerge until he/she is fully dressed and ready. The next time I get a doll, I might invite my friends over before opening the box... But I don't know if I'd be able to hold myself back for that long XD And I don't want anybody to touch him/her before I do!

19. I don't take many photos. Sometimes I don't take photos at all. I usually wait until there isn't anything to do. If it comes while I am at school and I wait until I come home. When I open the package I set it down and carefully and slowly open the box by using scissors to cut through the tape. I kinda do this rather slowly so I can build up anticipation. Then I get to the bubble wrap and the I remove everything besides what is covering the face. I like to save the face for last like others. Then I remove the covering from the face and that's it. I like opening dolls and I like the new dolly smell.

20. Hmm, I usually take photos of the box opening and go quite slowly through it, inspecting each little thing, setting up dolly helpers and the like, but I never really post those photos for one reason or another.

Also, it depends on when the box arrived. If it arrives just as I'm about to go do something, I'll just open it, have a look, take some shots of the dressed doll then go do whatever it was that I have to do. I'm quite clinical about box-openings, to be honest.

Now, the moment when the doll is -complete- I can't contain my excitement. There's always a moment where the doll gets new eyes, or a new wig, or the face-up is finally done right, and that's the moment for me.