1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you open your box?

Oct 16, 2010

1. With my hands normally.

^__^

I just open it. I normally wait until I'm by myself but my mom super wanted to see my last doll and my 5th doll right out of box... and actually, my 6th too. So, ..... I've never thought about it before.... but I only opened #1, #2, #3 and #4 by myself... #5 - #7 were all with my mom there.

2. I love watching other people opening their BJDs on YouTube but I didn't do that when I got my first BJD. I guess I was so excited I just wanted to take him out the box and make sure everything was ok. I just open the box carefully with scissors and try to be as patient as possible when doing so. I might take photos/record a video when I receive my Littlefee though :)

3. When Emma arrived, it was a complete surprise. I had not expected her to arrive in four days (after the 15 that it took DM to put her together), and my dad didn't tell me she came - I found her on my bed when I went into my room (thank God I decided to make the bed that day in so many years). I quickly got out of my street clothes, got our best pair of scissors (we have one, trust me), and my camera, and didn't come out until I had probably photographed every aspect of this event.

It was literally surreal. I was running on adrenaline, because I never thought it would happen - like, I'd save up, and something would happen, or that I'd have to spend so-many-years trying (and failing) to get my parents to buy one... it's going to sound odd, but it literally (and I mean literally) a dream-come-true. Never thought it'd happen.

I took pics of everything I could think of: the free gifts, her clothes, every layer of box, the stickers holding the box closed - as well as the little stamp from security, and other stuff. I even made a YouTube video (that I eventually re-did).

So I was pretty sporadic in my picture-taking, because (at the time) was going to be my only box opening. Crossing my fingers for a bigger doll - either for Christmas, or I save up again. I'm having big doubts that I can be patient even longer, since I'm starting from the very bottom now.

It was hard to restrain myself, and tell myself to 'Stop! Take a pic of this!' Because I really wanted to open it up, and explore the stuff I got, later.

4. Well, I've only opened one box so far, but...

I didn't use a knife or scissors. Getting it open with just my hands felt right somehow. I looked at the other things that came with it before the actual doll, and when I finally got him out I just sat there marveling at him. I couldn't stop touching his face- so smooth and perfect!

I didn't do a box opening and I don't think I'll do any in the future. I don't want to have to stop to grab the camera every few seconds...

5. Writerm...... that story was adorable and now I think you are amazing.

It made me literally GRIN FROM EAR TO EAR! And if you look at my profile picture... I haz lots of room from ear to ear. ^_^

6. Let me just start of and say- whenever I see Box Opening videos of people trying to cut open the box with scissors- like, literally CUT it as you would a piece of paper with scissors- that drives me INSANE XDD;; Because it's dangerous to your fingers, the doll, and anyone with in a 3-foot radius should you seriously slip up(which, if you notice, happens a LOT in the videos).
      That, and it's just the most impractical way of using scissors to open a box I've ever seen xD;;; (It'd be more practical to STAB it open, I mean srsly /shot)

But, yes, anyways >3>;
      I take a tooonnn of pics and try to milk the box opening moment to the very last second :D Then I run around spastically showing the newly-opened doll off to anyone in the house at the time xDD (Or, should a non-doll friend be along with me when it arrives which has happened more often than I ever though, I just spastically show them xD).

7. I've only had one box opening so far and I just took lots of pictures. Made it into a photo story and posted it ;)
      I open doll boxes the same way I open every other box taped closed. Just use anything sharpish, make a small hole somewhere where you know you can't demolish what's inside unless you really go stabbing around like a maniac, and carefully slice the tape. And then go crazy with excitement on the contents of the box :)

8. i make sure i have nothing else to do for the rest of the day. if i have to work or do an errand or something, i will wait until after its all done to open the box. then i take a shower, put on my pajamas, and then open the box. this makes me feel relaxed and calm, with nothing nagging me, and gives me the feeling that i have all the free time i want that day to mess with my new doll, which makes it feel more special.

9. I assure myself some free space and lots of free time (I'm usually just going to my place and shut the door). I'm using scissors only to cut a tape, not a box, for the rest I'm using my hands ^_-. I have two dolls so far and I was taking a lot of pics from both box openings - I love to watch them here on DoA, so I also wanted to post mine... I'm taking my time for grinning, squeeing and falling in love with a doll, but I'm always nervous, that something might have happened to them along the way...

10. i remember the first time i open my box, i was too excited until i forgot to take picture of it..

11. Well, I did try an official box opening once, found out it wasn't my thing, then again, I'm the type of person that likes to enjoy stuff privately. I open my boxes in the living room tho, coz my mom always likes to see the dolls.

12. Usually in my living room with my dog sniffing the box, but it's okay. My most memorable box opening was when my Yukinojo arrived. My girlfriend and I received notices (she in New York and me in Miami) that we were to get them on the same day. So I waited for her to get home from work and we did it over the phone, it was super cool!!!!

13. I was just in my living room, I tried to be nice to the box to open it up. But there was so much tape I had to break out my knife, the box opening wasn't eventful by any means. But i was very excited in my own way.

14. I attack the box like it's a slab of meat and I'm a hungry wildcat!3x Haha, no but really, I usually spend about five minutes trying to tear the tape off around the box before I finally give up and get some scissors. After that, it's pretty much just like opening any other package.

15. First....I waved the box around before my Webcam, as I was doing a little vid....Then when that was all done, I stopped the vid and very carefully slipped the blade on my box cutter along the tape that covered the seems. It was just little cuts, and the rest was easy opening from there. Tape is easy to tear once you cut it and start pulling.

I also took a pic of the box, before hand. XD Cuz it's my first doll, and I decided to just be a total geek.

Then I pulled the little white Soom box out of the shipping box, hit "play" and waved that about, but more carefully. THEN I slid off the covering, pulled out the 'filler' and that was that. There's pics on my computer for all the silliness as well, I just haven't put them together yet.

This was a split, so I didn't have issues with the packaging, and I already knew what was inside. The organizer sent me photos as proof and whatnot before she shipped. (I asked for them lol) There was a tiny mixup however, and that is why I didn't post my official box opening just yet. BUT I will, and NO it's not serious. Plus, I made two new friends...so it's all good:aheartbea

16. I open it slowly and carefully so I won't spoil the box or packaging

then I put the leftover packaging and tape into neat piles ...

I just hate having a mess after I open my doll

17. quickly, with a big pair of scissors while trying not to foam at the mouth. I really enjoy box openings, although sometimes I'm a little nervous about what the new doll's going to look like, but usually I get over that fairly quickly. Occasionally I remember to take photos, but sometimes I don't manage it. Neither Cass nor Morghan had their box opening documented via photos, and Aziza arrived in two separate boxes (head/body) about a week apart, so she wasn't documented either. I think I'll document Sota and Gabriell's arrivals though- they're pretty high on the OMG MUST HAVE list. (So was Cass, but my camera went all to pieces and I couldn't take photos until I borrowed my dad's the next day. By then he'd been out of the box, face-upped, body blushed, wigged, and dressed in his uniform :3)

18. I get my other dolls out and shoot a photostory while opening the box. I think it's fun to do :)

Of course I'm in a hurry to get to my "prize" but it's great to make a story out of it :)

19. Sometimes I don't take pictures or do a video. My most recent one I did a video, cuz sometimes that's more convenient. But it kinda depends for me. If I just want to tear in to it, and I have my computer camera set up, then video. Or if I just have my normal camera near-by then photos.

20. I take picturs of it,
      i like to see how my dolls change through time, and it has been fun xD
      So i'll keep doing that :)