1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you store your BJD, clothes, and accessories?

Feb 5, 2015

1. I keep my dolls' clothes, wigs, shoes, and knick-knacks in plastic crates. I use the kind that have drawers in two or three tiers, and I loosely organize the clothes according to gender and character. Johnny and Alistair share part of one crate because they wear the same clothes, Chloe and my little off-topic girls get another, Johanna and her unshelled friend Ylla get another, and the empty half of the boys' crate stores wigs and tools.

As for the dolls themselves, I keep them perched on one of the plastic crates in my back bedroom. The bedroom I use gets too warm in winter, so I put them in the unheated back bedroom to slow down yellowing as much as possible. I know yellowing is inevitable, but I want to keep it to a minimum. The same bedroom will be too warm when summer comes, so I'll more than likely move them back to the room I'm using. I'll keep doing that as long as I have them, because I want them to stay as nice as possible.

2. I put all clothes into a storage box :D
      so...I have tons of boxes at home !!!

3. i store em in small plastic bins... but i really dont know where to store their shoes...especially the leather ones... its so hard... and even their leather bags...

4. My boys are mostly all on display, their clothes are on hangers on a silkstone rolling rack until I can build a proper closet to place them into!! This is among other things

5. I keep everything separately in small snap lip containers in a drawer under my bed. I'm getting smaller dolls this time, so It's going to be plenty of space, as it 's a very large drawer! When I have more then one doll I'll give each one their own containers for wigs, clothing, shoes, and anything else they have.

6. I keep clothes and props in a single bin, but I'm looking to find a more efficient way to keep them organized.

7. I keep all the clothes, props and accessories in a big box that fits on the top of my bookshelf.

8. I keep clothes that go together as outfits in bags, and also stuff I never use, and also my sad and pathetic attempts at making clothing.

The stuff I use more frequently is divided between boxes, one for clothes, one for tools and utility stuff, and another for props.

I keep eyes in a small tackle box.

Wigs go in a glass display case so my cat doesn't steal them.

9. I keep their stuff in the original box they came in. They don't have much, so it's not really THAT disorganized.

10. I use a storage box I bought from Daiso. It's got all the things i don't use on my dolls like extra wigs and faceplate.

11. I keep all my boys on display in my room. I just can't bear to keep them hiding away in their boxes or a closet, so they each have their own little spots on shelves either above, or next to my bed^^ As far are their extra clothes/accessories go, I tend to just keep those in my dolls boxes to make sure they wont get lost somewhere.

12. I'm interested! My friend stores hers in a little wooden chest. I'm currently storing mine's clothes in her box.

13. I have a metal drawer from Ikea. It lets me categorize the clothes and have drawers for props/misc and one for their papers.

14. I keep my doll's clothes, props, and some of their furniture in those clear, stackable storage boxes. Yup, I have 11 of those containers now. Ohh!!! That does not account for some special outfits that are stored inside certain doll's shipper boxes. :XD:

15. Boxes. Way too many boxes. Guess another closet clean-out might be in order.

16. I have my BJD's clothes in their original package (when there is one, or else, in little paper or plastic bags) that i then store in one of my doll boxes! gain of space i guess? :lol:
      Might make them a closet at their size, but it would take time !

17. Little stackable plastic boxes. I don't have much yet as I'm restarting my collection, but since I'm getting YOSDs this time it will take up less space! : D

18. Mine are just stored in a tub but I want to make a clothes rail to hang them on. I've seen in ikea that you can buy rails that attach onto shelves so I might just get that and buy little hangers for it.

19. I don't have much so right now I keep it in this adorable little shoe box from Hot Chocolate Shoe Company (an adorable set of shoes for me off of amazon). It looks like a neapolitan ice cream sandwhich.

20. I keep clothes for each specific doll in their individual doll boxes. When I was in college I kept them in a little chest I found at Michaels or Hobby Lobby that was an approx. 18" cube to help with lack of storage.

Tags: