1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you store your BJD, clothes, and accessories?

Feb 5, 2015

1. I use the stackable plastic boxes that others have mentioned. They're the kind with three individual drawers. I've got four of these, two large and two small. MSD girls' clothes takes up one large box, MSD boys' clothes takes up one small box, YoSD and tiny stuff take up the second large box, and the second small box holds wigs and tools.

In addition to the plastic crates I keep the individual outfits stored in the wrappers they came in. Most of my dolls' clothing items came wrapped in either paper or plastic envelopes, and when I'm not using the clothes I keep them tucked in these envelopes. This keeps the clothes from getting lost or wrinkled or snagged by the plastic.

There are exceptions, of course. Some of my dolls' things are too bulky to be boxed up. My girls' lolita dresses don't have a proper drawer, for example. Right now they're lying on the top of one of the boxes because I haven't been able to afford a fifth box for them. There's also a felt cloche that would be crushed out of shape if I tried to cram it into a drawer, so I gave it special treatment with a wooden hat stand.

2. Nine of my dolls have their own bedroom dioramas set up, and their clothes are stored in their furniture.

The others each have their own shoebox size storage tub in a dresser in the doll room that holds their stuff. Anything that's super fancy, expensive or oversized (like formal dresses, suits, costumes) is on a doll hanger and hanging in the closet in that same room.

3. I keep each outfit in its own a ziplock bag and have them stored in a 3-drawer cart unit designated as Tiny/YOSD, MSD, SD.

4. I have a couple of these, they make for good dolly-things storage ^^

5. I'm currently using a large flip top box for my doll clothes. I only had it for a month and it's almost full already.

6. I am quite new to the hobby, had to buy a drawer for the doll clothes just recently though my two dolls still got nothing to wear. lol

7. After I moved I suddenly had a lot of build-in cabinets, and I'm using two of them for doll stuff. I use two shelfs for the dolls themselves, two for storing some other doll related stuff, then there's six drawers in the bottom half of the cabinets, that I use for storing the clothes, wigs and shoes :)

8. At the moment they are stored in a box, but I'm looking forward on getting a prettier way to display at least some of them after I move into a new apartment.

9. At the moment I just put (more like shove) all their clothes in one of their carry bags...I would prefer to have a nice box or some nice storage for them all buttt....>.> xD

10. As I'm still pretty new to the hobby, I only have a small box for accessories & furniture and then a little bag (kinda like a makeup bag) that I keep clothes in, but I make sure they stay in their original packaging! I'm hoping to buy a small set of draws or something similar so that it can look tidy haha

11. Back when I was collecting 1:6 vinyl dolls, I had their jewelry pinned on a big cork board on the wall. It's still there and I'm thinking I might like to pin the occasional BJD outfit on it - maybe when it's something really pretty, or a new outfit that I just want to admire for a few days before I dress someone in it.

I do store most of their things in boxes, but it seems a shame to keep their lovely things tucked away where you can't see them.

12. I always store my doll's clothes in boxes. Its easier to organize everything

13. I only have 1 or 2 outfits for each doll. So the ones that are not being used get stored in plastic storage containers.

14. I store both the clothes and wigs in a purse / bag that is hanging on my wall. The eyes are kept in a utility organizer drawer.

15. Bins as well as fabric drawers. Here is link to album of my doll room.
      The BJD Room
      Just about got it perfect.

16. I just use small plastic storage containers and photo boxes, but I need to find a better way to organize stuff! I don't have a whole lot of clothes yet, but I'm already struggling!

17. I have casual clothes in boxes, but I also have a doll-size clothes rack set up in my closet.... so under all my jackets and shirts is two poles with little doll clothes hanging from it!

I hang most of my fancier clothes because I don't want to wrinkle up all these fancy suit jackets.

18. We use a plastic tub, and inside that items are divided by doll/size or type (shoes, socks, wigs) in gallon ziplocs. Not elegant, but very useful--no digging around looking for the right size!

19. Things like the DollHeart Fers, Victorian dresses and other floofy, bulky outfits are kept in their boxes in the upstairs closet. Shoes, boots, hats and other assorted bits and pieces are in one of those plastic, rolling file/storage drawer affairs, also in the closet.

My EID girl's outfits are all in a wooden doll trunk that I modified with bars on either side for hanging things. The EID-and-taller guys' stuff is all in a small steamer trunk that I use as a side table.

Everything else is stashed in zip-top bags in a pair of smallish, three drawer chests-of-drawers that I bought from World Market. The individual drawers are sorted by general type of outfit, gender and size.

20. I use those clear plastic boxes with snap on lids. They keep out the dust and you can see what's inside without opening them up.

Tags: