1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you store your BJD, clothes, and accessories?

Feb 5, 2015

1. Most of my dolls are in several glass curio cabinets. As for clothes & such, I've amassed a bunch of those large decorated boxes which look nice piled up. I also have two drawers filled with accessories & four vintage doll trunks. Everything is grouped according to size of doll, male or female, hats have their own boxes as do shoes. Extra furniture is mostly on display by itself as they are antique pieces & the modern stuff is packed away in tubs under my bed.

2. I put the doll's outfits in the plastic boxes with some desiccant. This helps me find the outfits easily and it really keep the outfits as new as before.
      The little boxes are very cheap for 1 dollars each.

3. Big giant "Click-Clack" ( what we call them here in NZ ) transparent hard plastic boxes. They stack on top of each other.

4. I use those fun boxes they sell for photos from AC Moore and Michaels (I buy them when they are 5 for $10) and then use baggies to organize inside. I scored a cool chest that sits on a table that was for some kind of tools but the slim drawers are perfect for eyes, hands and little extra parts like that. I love those fishing tackle boxes in clear and the two sided ones really rock and are perfect for all my tinies goodies (one is just full of Kelly shoes!!!) and it's great to see what's in there when you are searching. I also have found that some paper organizers work well for clothing as they don't get all wrinkled up and it's easy to find what you need. I had a friend make a little insert thing I designed to hold wigs to protect them and still be able to easily see what you have. I hate buying something I pretty much already had when there are so many wonderful things to get! I think labeling is one of the best ways to keep it all straight no matter what I'm using. Anytime I start to say, Oh, I'll remember I go grab the label maker!!!

5. I have a Box for my doll stuff :)

6. I keep all my doll clothes and accessories in an airtight food container. It keeps them neat and protected from just about everything.

7. .

#407 Gintsumi, Jul 8, 2019
      Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
    8. I've always found cute little storage containers/boxes,shelves at Michael's and Hobby Lobby that are sometimes used as desk organization or even planters!

9. I have a small storage case for small items like accessories and eyes. I also have a drawer in my dresser dedicated to my doll clothes and shoes.

10. I store their "main" outfits with them in their boxes, and the rest is stored in its own little box. I don't have a whole lot in the way of clothes so it works out this way for now, haha. I can definitely see myself getting maybe one of those cute little chests of drawers in the craft store at some point!

11. I have a dedicated shelf on my bookshelf where they sit. Some of their clothes and accessories are there also. The stuff that doesn't fit is in a closet door hanging organizer.

12. I use "Samla" boxes from Ikea ^__^ Since they're clear I can easily check what's inside! They also come in a trizillion different sizes, so they work well for whatever space one has available.

What I personally find super handy is, that you can also purchase inserts that divide the box into layers and compartments! In the bottom layer I store outfits and in the top layer I keep wigs and shoes ^-^

13. I was thinking about getting one of those storage trunks for all my doll stuff. I’ve seen some cute pictures of people painting them with their kid’s names when they send them off to camp or college. I thought it would be nice to paint it with some nice designs so I can leave it out and not shove it in my closet. I’m also thinking for some of the delicate accessories, I could put a layer of foam and cut out holes for them.

14. I have tons of these little opaque boxes that are like human storage boxes but really small... They are great for doll sizing too, so I just keep my bits and pieces in those!

I don't have like, a doll wardrobe like some people do. Though that would be cool.

15. I think, I already mentioned my doll sized wardrobe but lately I had to add some more boxes for wigs and eyes, since the wardrobe is so full with clothes and props, that I had to expand:XD:

16. I got a makeup kit on sale and the fancy box the make up was in is their storage. I don't have a lot for my bjd right now though. I'll most likely need to upgrade to something larger in a year or two.
      My dolls are in my closet untill I make a safe spot for them. We just moved into a beautiful house that gets a ton of natural light. So I'm making dioramas/room boxes to keep them safe

17. I am lucky that I have one of the bonus to me down stairs that has no window so sunlight not an issue. I have several cube units lining walls so I can store bins both plastic and fabric to store items for my dolls.

[​IMG]BJD-Rm-509 by Marie, on Flickr

18. I love the wood table! It's fabulous for a hardwood floor! I have some left over scaps of planks from the one laid in my room i can use 'on top' of a table but not nearly enough to cover the space I need for my SD's. This is what I'd like to do if i could get the help to set up (not physically able to do part of the major set up needed ...ooooh this inspires me! But your tub storage is soooo much better than mine lol.

19. The table was our old kitchen table over thirty years old and when MIL passed away eight years ago we took her newer dinning table and put this in basement. Storing it, meant it was always in the way. So instead of giving to Salvation Army I asked hubby if I could have it. Has been working great for photos.

20. not gone to charity and well used if in another life..... best of both! it's also a bet size/SHAPE than the one i have

Tags: