1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you store your BJD, clothes, and accessories?

Feb 5, 2015

1. For me, I store every in a large box. I keep the wigs in their original packaging with the net it came with; I swap or zip lock the shoes. I also reuse the human underwear packagings that are in zip lock forms which is very cost effective and protective for clothes that needs extra care. Whenever I feel like seeing them somewhere around my room, I tend to display the doll clothes on my garment rack intended for it.

2. In time it will be donated when I don't take as many photos due to arthritis in my hands devsloping, but at least I can use it for a bit longer.

3. So far I've only kept them in the boxes that they shipped in

4. I'm trash. I just pile everything into my MSD's box and carry everything around like that. I've pretty much ruined her box.

5. at the moment.... i have had multiple orders arrive over the last few months... and my health has been .... on and off... i currently have boxes everywhere and stuff is ...less than organized lol... oh well I will get there... but now even my groceries are delivered so... yeah i don't get out now :P

6. i made a long little rack under mt window shelf where i hang all the tops and pants with clothes hooks and custom made clips, shoes are lined on the wall below and accessories are organized in a small dollar store organize

7. My girls and boys are sitting on selves in my spare bedroom.
      I also have a small three shelve bookcase. I put there clothes and stuff in plastic shoe boxes and place in the bookcase. 3 of them fit on each selve. I keep their cloths in the bag they came in and place in shoe box. That way all pieces stay together. I also keep my fullsets together that way. Then I put wigs together in one box and shoes in another.
      You can buy 10 of these plastic shoe boxes with lids at walmart for very good prices. I was able to buy 2 different colored lids. So, one color for my msds and another for sds. That helps to find size very quickly.

8. I'm somewhat struggling with storing/organizing all my bjd stuff! What are good ways to store mostly clothes with minimal space used?

any tips and tricks for storing and organizing are greatly appreciated!

9. The outfits that I really want to keep nice and all together I place in plastic zip bags, and then I lay them flat in another storage box, or in an empty doll box, lol. I have a repurposed jewelry box for my doll's shoes, it looks like a wardrobe.

10. I use a doll armoire at the moment. It's about MSD size. The Queen's Treasures has a really nice one in the same style.
      Once my collection gets bigger, I'll use one of those plastic shelves.

11. I keep my doll clothes in clear shoe boxes but I saw a idea that looks nice to try. I saw a spring loaded curtain rod inside a self and clothes hung with doll size hangers or curtain rings with clips.

12. After 13 years in the hobby, I have lots of doll stuff...especially clothes, since that’s one of the ways I play with my dolls. I love designing outfits for each one’s specific character...it’s one of my favorite things to do in the hobby. Needless to say, I have massive wardrobes for my crew, and I organize them the same way FrozenSunset does, by putting each complete outfit (including jewelry) in a separate ziplock plastic bag and then storing it in a drawer or box with that doll’s other clothing. I also have a drawer devoted entirely to shoes, and one devoted to their growing hat collection since they all share those. I also have a jewelry armoire of drawers I found cheap at a resale shop that houses their wigs. And a tiny drawer in my desk is devoted to extra eyes. But the key element I think is the plastic bags since they can be easily stored in any type of container, can be labeled, and are clear which makes it easy to see what’s in there at a glance. It works equally well if you only have one doll or a large collection.

#432 PoeticSoul, Sep 8, 2019
      Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    13. For eyes, get one of those small-compartment toolboxes or craft boxes. Each pair of eyes fit nicely into a compartment, and it's easy to sort by size (or composition, or color, or whatever suits you). I've also used pill containers for eyes, but now I have too many eyes to fit in them.

I'd love to store wigs on knobs of some kind, so that I can see the shape/style. Right now, mine are in ziplock bags. Any ideas for something I can buy (and not make ;_) that has lots of head-sized knobs?

For SD doll clothes, Jim Holtz Ideology, a scrapbook company, makes the perfect sized hanger. https://www.amazon.com/Idea-ology-F...ideaology&qid=1567959723&s=arts-crafts&sr=1-1 Incidentally, the same company also makes perfect SD-sized silverware.

14. Like many people have done, I store complete outfits in ziplock bags or I keep them in their original boxes. I have bought several large storage containers where I keep outfits, wigs, and shoes if the outfits are not kept in a doll's box. Needless to say, the more items you have, naturally, the more space you need to store them in. :sweat

15. I fold clothes the same way I fold my own, very tightly, the way Marie Kondo folds things. I put clothes on the bottom of one side of a plastic storage bin I got at the grocery store for probably not that much (it's old and I can't remember), shoes on the other side of the bottom, then scrap yarn, then spare parts, with wigs on top to block the parts from the sun that comes through my window. The bin is usually in the corner of my room, but since I'm redressing a few of my dolls, it fits in the space between my desk and shelf. Most grocery stores should have small plastic bins like that, and I plan to use a larger spare cardboard box when I need more space, anything that wasn't dinged up too badly during shipping.

16. I have to try the ziplock idea for outfits :o I do that for wigs, shoes and eyes, but my clothes are just all together in a box.
      I store my crafts stuff(lace, ribbons, zippers...) in boxes with many different compartments ^^

17. Like everyone else here- plastic containers, different sizes, ziplock bags, and more. I’ve been in this hobby 10 years and amassed a lot of clothes for my dolls. I keep the sets in ziplock bags (sandwich sizes and gallon sized depending on how big they are), and sorted then in those plastic drawers (I stacked 2 of 3 drawers into a 6 drawers tower to save space). I sort them by sizes but two of the dolls has their own drawers since they’ve got so much clothes (favorite ones get spoiled). I also keep wigs, eyes, shoes, and COA in plastic shoe boxes. They’re all stored in the craft room.
      Tho, I’m planning to invest in a fire/earthquake proof safe sometime soon for important documents and plan to store the COA along with them for insurance proof. I live in a high natural disaster zone, (Alaska). Its also a good idea to consider that too.

18. I like the Idea of keeping COA for insurance! I never thought about it so I've been painfully willy nilly with my COAs

19. I have a chest of drawers just for my doll stuff. Each doll's clothes, accessories and props go into their own shoe box size plastic tote with their name on it, so it's very easy to find when I want to change them. Typically, my dolls sit out, fully dressed with wig, so I don't often store wigs, though I do have a little bit larger plastic tub to hold the wig boxes or spare wigs. Eyes are separated by size and stored in a plastic bead organizer. Doll boxes are stacked on the shelf in the closet. CoA stays in the doll box, unless the doll doesn't have a box, then all of the extra CoAs are in one ziplock with the wigs.

20. I bought a 10 drawer organizer cart on Amazon!

Tags: