1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you store your BJD, clothes, and accessories?

Feb 5, 2015

1. Caboodles boxes. Whenever I see them for cheap at garage sales. I've organized almost all my prop collections into them.

2. I brought many transparent plastic containers from MUJI and IKEA( it's easy to stack their containers) , separating them into different categories into shoes, wigs, clothes, gowns, etc. Plastic bead organizer is great for eye and accessory. I like to use flat plastic rectangle box for storing vulnerable and delicate clothes.
      I also made wooden boxes for my dolls' body ( basically I put their heads into damp-proof cabinet and lock it, for children disaster and moisture).

3. Because I don't own quite a lot of dolly items right now, I use small compact plastic boxes (Ones most people use for their arts/sewing supplies)! I fold the clothes small and neat and give each outfit their own cubicle! Shoes/wigs are stored in bigger ones but the same concept applies! Though before that I honestly just folded everything up in the boxes they came with so I wasn't wasting space!

4. I store my BJDs in my closet since my room isn't really big enough for a bunch of SDs to be displayed 24/7, and I also live in a pretty sunny area so the fear is real. I store all of the wigs, clothes, and accessories in the bags they came in for organizational purposes and I keep those in a box near the dolls, who are in their own boxes when I'm not displaying/playing with them.

5. I have two big display cases that store my dolls. In addition, I store clothes and wigs in boxes to keep dust off them. All of this fits in my two display cases I got for free. :)

6. Dolls go on the shelf in display. I have a small tin that I keep my eyes in, and I'm hoping to get a Caboodles or something similar to start storing my clothes in?

7. I bought several plastic containers from IKEA and stacked them onto each other, the containers are divided into categories like clothes, wigs, eyes, ... etc.
      My dolls are either on display (always away from direct sunlight!) or lay on a white blanket in a completely dark drawer. Their boxes are stored away in a closet in my apartment.

8. I just keep mine in a few plastic containers, I plan to get a cabinet to keep them in that I could add a rod for hanging clothing. I separate the clothing by size, but I have a lot of items that can be effected by being folded or stacked so a hanging set up is a must.

9. Good old IKEA Kallax with some inserts! So no dust or sunshine can come close to my dolls :XD: Really love this shelf because it got so much space! Also have my FU materials in it and my dolls clothes.

10. My Latis have their little apartment.

CaffeLati on Instagram: “My Lati babies’ storage/room.♥️”

My YoSDs have a "room" too, the room being a woven box with lid.

I have no idea how I will store my incoming MSD! T_T He is so big!

The clothes are in bins, basically. Separated by size, as in 1/8 and 1/6 size right now. But the wardrobe is growing and it's proving not big enough. Haha

11. My girl stays in her carry case she came with and I have her clothes in a mini suitcase set I recieved as a gift one year, her shoes / accesories are kept in there aswell but in little ziplock type bags so I can keep them all together :)

12. The BJD storage question is one I am trying to decide on how to resolve -- I have a large figure collection in IKEA Billy bookcases with glass doors, which was a huge upgrade over having them out on open air shelves where they attracted a lot of dust. But my three dolls are currently out in the open air and I'm not sure what I want to do in terms of presentation. I was at a friend's house where they had a few Asian dolls in Acrylic display cases which I've been leaning towards recently, since I like the idea of being able to see the dolls from all angles.

13. I store my dolls clothing and accessories in a vintage samsonite case that I decked out with ribbons and anime keychains:whee:. I don't have much to store due to still waiting on my first doll to arrive, but I have stored fabric and small decoden accessories that I plan on attaching to his clothes. I also stuff smaller props into the backpack I bought him to save space.

14. I've only got the one doll at the moment, and she doesn't really have that much stuff, so right now her clothes mostly fit in the doll-sized dresser I have in her makeshift diorama and anything that doesn't fit goes in her fairyland box. I suppose I'll have to come up with something fancier once my other dolls arrive and I get more doll clothes and props, but this will do in the meantime.

15. Honestly I do not. I need to find a way,all of my doll clothes and accessories are in a jumbled mess in a box :(

16. I have a large closet, so I keep my dresser in there rather than in my room. It has eight drawers, so I use half of them for my own clothes and half for doll clothes. I have one drawer for each size - basically, tiny, yosd, 1:4, & 1:3.

Accessories I keep in a couple of boxes, and the ones I use the most are in their respective dioramas. I also have some storage space in each diorama - one has a tiny closet and one has some shelves - and so clothes that only that specific doll ever uses are kept in there.

17. They sell these miniature drawers at the Dollar Tree, so I buy those and they are perfect size! They are over where the storage/cooking supplies are.

18. I had them in his mini dresser at first... well he outgrew that xD now I have his thing In a little plastic bin! I’m sure he’ll outgrow that too though.

19. I store them all in one box right now. my doll seem to "not have many cloth atm" so this would be fine for a while. I'm planning to get more proper storage in the future, maybe.

20. I only have one BJD but I have other dolls her size. They all "live" in the china closet. I keep their clothes in white file folder boxes with their names written on the front. I keep each outfit in a plastic ziplock bag so like items stay together.

Tags: