1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you store your doll's clothes and shoes?

Jul 21, 2011

1. I bought some collapsable cloth "boxes" from my local business depot - I think they are intended to be used for filing, but they work perfectly for storing my doll stuff - I have them organized by gender and size and they tuck right under the bench where my resins all live. It's a pretty decent system, although I'm starting to run out of room for shoes. KathrynB - I like your solution! :whee:

2. Thanks, Vega! I like the collapsible cloth boxes idea! You can find those hanging jewelry organizers on eBay. I think I paid $14.00 for that one - and it's two-sided!

By the way, Kaybee27, thanks for starting this thread! It's been really helpful!!

3. I'm trying to put all my stuff away in plastic boxes. I live in a hot humid place so keeping stuff stored in plastic is a must. I also periodically dehumidify the room. I've recently covered the window with black paper or plastic so no sun ever shines through.
      I have different types of boxes for keepting different things.
      Flattened boxes for clothes.
      Higher boxes for shoes.
      Really large boxes for wigs and furniture.
      Tiny drawers for accessories.

4. I use a plastic box, is nearly full already, i need get another one very soon. I like this boxes, because they protect a lot clothes, shoes and etc...

5. I have just bought a load of magnetic boxes that look like books. I have one full set outfit in each. Then all the separates go in a draw in my wardrobe.
      I like to pad the coats with bubble wrap so they do not lose their shape.
      That said I would love to have a custom made wardrobe from them.
      I'm thinking on making individual shoe boxes for the shoes & boots.
      But I have to admit keeping track of what I have and where it is is getting on top of me!:doh

6. Don't have many clothes right now so I keep all the plastic bags the clothes they originally came in and since I receive many packages, I put the clothes in one large shipping box.

7. I usually put outfits into their original packaging and put it back to plastic drawer. So that those accessories come with the outfits won't be separated and lost. I put all my eye candies into a jewel case!

8. I don't have that many clothes so far, but I also put them in the package they came in (usually sealable plastic bags) and mostly store them in the box one of my dolls is in. It's huge (from Soom and she's a slim tiny) and apart from her spare parts, it now has shoes, wigs and clothing from her and my other doll as well. I'll probably buy a good container because I'll be getting another doll soon and I don't want to clutter her box with all that stuff. :P

9. I got an old nightstand of some sort second hand to store everything for my dolls. But right now I feel that might not be enough, since it is rather stuffed at the moment. Maybe I should get small, plastic storage boxes instead?

10. I've been using (co-opting, really) a couple of smaller plastic storage bins for a while, but besides being effective... they're actually meant for something else, and were only used for doll clothes as a short-term solution after I decided to stop storing them in the bottom drawer of my dresser.

Recently, I've been starting to switch them out to a more permanent solution. I got one of these big Snapware boxes on sale at JoAnn, which came with some handy dividers; it's currently holding all my MSD-size clothing, neatly partitioned into type of clothes (pants, skirts, short sleeves, long sleeves, etc). I'll be getting another box in the same style (possibly the same size, so I can connect them) for Yo- and SD-size clothes, but I don't have as many of those yet, so they weren't as high of a priority. I still need to decide on how to handle the shoes and extra wigs; extra eyes are in a smaller container meant for holding small craft/jewelry components.

11. My dolls haven't amassed enough clothing yet to store, but when it comes to that i might just keep their stuff in one of my doll boxes. It's been a slow year in clothes making XD

12. In the doll company box ... but now the collection expend...time to get a proper storage!