1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you store your doll's clothes and shoes?

Jul 21, 2011

1. I store clothes and shoes everywhere I find an empty drawer in my room... No space anymore, so I started to store them in empty doll boxes. But I need to arrange them one day (at the moment the clothes bags and shoes are all mixed together, I'd like to sort them by size and company)

2. I have a small decorative trunk that I keep my doll clothes in. I separate the different pieces of clothes into large ziplock bags and keep them in the trunk. (Yes..I have a lot of doll clothes! lol)

3. I use SD doll boxes: one for clothes, one for shoes, one for accessories. They are in the on the upper shelves. Dolls live in the same closet.

But these boxes are not enough... I need more space ))))) It seems that soon I will go to IKEA to buy something for storing doll stuff.

4. We moved not all that long ago and thanks to my cats destroying the last bag all my doll things were kept in (and yes, all the things that were in there too) I basically found the nearest box which happened to be from our new kettle *lol* and that's where they've stayed for now :sweat

5. Finally they send me a new one! This time it's in good condition >3
      It's a mini closet as a little trunk. I can open it, it has 2 drawers and 2 shelves on the left side and a closet on the right side to put clothes with a hanger.

6. I put my doll outfits and shoes (the ones that came with them) into ziplock bags and store them in my dresser drawer. The outfits I make and sell are also placed into individual ziplock bags and placed into a rubbermaid tub for safe keeping until they are sold. I do have some plastic drawer units that I store shoes, boots, socks and other small accessories.

7. I use a rubbermaid storage tub that I also keep jewelry supplies in for now. I plan to make a doll trunk specifically for clothes and wigs though.

8. I use their boxes, generally, since my dolls are not kept in them. It makes it easy to keep the clothing separate and remember which box contains clothes for which doll. My Custom House boy didn't come in a proper company box, so I bought a little decorative cardboard suitcase for his things, which can also be used as a carrying case for him.

I'm moving to a larger place soon, though, so I'd love to get some sort of little storage unit for it all, with a place to hang some of the nicer clothes on hangers.

9. All their stuff is shoved in whatever drawer it will fit into. The dolls all hang out in the office or den, perched on various pieces of furniture. :-)

*pokes Solitary Agent* hellllloooooo!

10. Lots of great suggestions. I'm liking the idea of finding jewelry boxes! Would not have occurred to me.

Costco and Overstock sell these little drawer cabinets.. things.. they them call "lingerie dressers" and look like they would probably be perfect for LOTS of clothes/larger sized doll wardrobes/accessories/whatever. I was thinking about getting one of those for someday.

11. I use my AG locker that I still have from a kid. As well as Ziploc bags and Tupperware containers! The locker is amazing though it has 3 drawers and hangers.

12. I have a Sterilite Plastic Drawer. It isn't really big and only has three drawers, but since i don't have a ton of stuff it works for now, and later i can buy more and probably stack them. :>

13. All of my dolls have their own "room" set up, which includes a wardrobe or chest to keep their personal belongings it. :)

Spare eyes all go in my dolly craft organizer box and wigs go in a box in the closet.

14. Right now, my doll has one of those plastic office drawers dedicated to her clothing.

I'd like to get one of those fancy, victorian era style wooden closets though....ooooh yeaaah

15. Because lot of my outfits have jewelry and other small parts, each outfit and wig has its own ziploc bag. All the shoes are in a cardboard box, and I keep my eyes in an old fashioned metal pill box. Everything then goes into my doll boxes. They're starting to get full, so I have plans in the works to build a cedar wardrobe with drawers to put the clothes in on one side and space for the dolls on the other. It'll be a while before I can get around to building it but I'll be sure to post pics when I'm done.

16. I have been using a small chest to store all of my doll stuff in, but unfortunatly it is not big enough now that I have a metric load of props for them. NOW I store my small props in the chest, and I purchased those large fake book boxes you find at craft/home decorating stores, one for each of my dolls, and store their respective outfits and shoes in each one. I don't have a lot of clothing for them yet, so that works for now. I may need to get a second book box for Frygg though as her outfits are rather floofy and take up a lot of space. Maybe a seperate one for shoes eventually. :)

17. I've stored all the clothes and wigs mainly in the boxes they came in. I'm currently thinking about alternative methods though - the boxes can't hold too many things and I'm slowly running out of storage.. ^^;

18. Right now.. they're in ziplock bags and plastic bags. >.< I need to get a box for the clothes and store the ziplocks in them. xD Why the ziplock bags? Cause I like separating and labeling the clothes by doll type/size. ^^

19. I found a shelving unit sort of thing meant for hanging on a wall at Hobby Lobby and immediately thought "That looks like a doll-size wardrobe!" It's normally $89.95 or something like that, which I thought was a bit much, but it was half off this week.

There wasn't a rod to hang hangers on, but I took a dowel rod, cut it to size and wedged it in. I found the little hangers at Michael's in their doll section, they're 4 for $2.99.

[​IMG]

With a 74cm boy and an MSD to show scale. Obviously it's better suited for the 1/4 scale, but I think I can fit some of the big boys' clothes in there.

20. I have most of them in an old Christmas box. The rest I just kind of leave laying around my room. I made most of them so it's not like they were expensive.