1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you store your doll's clothes and shoes?

Jul 21, 2011

1. All my doll clothes are in zip lock bags inside the dolls original boxes. I try and keep each of my dolls clothes in their individual boxes, that way it makes things easier to find too. Their wigs are also kept in the boxes. ^^

2. I went to the dollar store and bought two clear storage tubs with lids. I keep clothes in the bigger one. I keep shoes, socks and wigs in the smaller one. I also bought a nice seven compartment piece that is perfect for storing eyes.

3. I store them in different boxes and tubs depending on what the item is. For example, all the wigs and eyes and kept in a box, all the shirts are kept in a box, same goes for pants/shorts/skirts/dresses, shoes and accessories.^^

4. I have several three-drawer containers from Wal-Mart and I store all my dolls' clothes in them. Shoes/ wigs in one drawer and skirts/ shirts/ pants in the others.

5. I made a little room in one of my own closets and keep their shoes in one of the compartments. Most of the clothes stay in either the ziplock bags they came in, or in a box.

6. I keep all my doll stuff in a cute vintage hard-sided suitcase. The majority of my doll things are made by me or purchased second hand, so I don't have much in the way of original packaging. I keep items in zip-locs inside the suitcase, or little boxes. My eyes are the most organized - I keep them in a case that's meant for storing beads that I bought at the craft store.

7. I have made special boxes for every single doll's clothes and other stuff. I put their name on it so it's a very personal box for every doll.

Here are two of them:
      "Clickable Thumb"

[​IMG]

The clothes, wigs and shoes I bought or that came wit them stay in their original packages. The clothes I made just go folded in those boxes ^-^ I'm also going to make tiny boxes for their accesoires and jewelery.

8. I need to make some sort of storage/closet for them, but currently, they're strewn all over my room ^^; They all lie around at random, i'm lucky if I find the one I'm looking for, but i do make sure they don't get ruined (I have some clothes I've spent several days embroidering; wouldn't want to destroy them XP).
      Sooo, until I get some storage things, I'll just let them lie as is >.<

9. They're so cute!! *0*
      Wish I had the patience to make that sort of stuff (paper-crafting isn't for me) >.<

10. Well, it is actually very easy. It's made from origami so it is from one piece, no cutting, glueing or whatever (except for the decoration and two 'flaps' of the paper'). I made them in 10 minutes and i'm a total origami-noob!

You can PB me if you are interested ^-^

11. A large drawer container, I put wigs in ziplock baggies to keep them from getting too messed up, everything is pretty separated but all the clothes have been strewn coz of the sifting through them.

12. Good info and fun to look at pictures here. I'm still in process of getting organized. I have 3 stacked round hat box with pretty decorations, on top of antique wardrobe. Wig sized broken up in them. The plastic zip backs that bedspreads, curtains, sheets...things like that, serve for a clear and strong place to save fabric bits where I can see them for gathering ideas. I put clothes in that too, for fabrics and findings to use off of them for making clothes. These are stashed behind my futon/bunk bed. Sleeping in that is part of my inner child surfacing, and it gives me lots of extra room in my bedroom.

I have a tall really wide file cabinet which is used as a wall to create cozy little tucked away spot for working on things, and the doors swing up, then slide out. It can keep a ton of stuff. Which is a good thing with the way I am collecting.

Um, etc. But enough for one entry here. :blush:

13. I keep all of my doll clothes, shoes, accessories, props and furniture in stacked drawer type bins. All the drawers are label with what's in them and who they're for so I can go in and easily find stuff. I've got 4 Pax system units, from Ikea, in my doll room that will be turned into 12 individual rooms for my dolls and one of those rooms is going to be a walkin closet. It's have a mini closet organizer, dresser, chest of drawers, etc and I will store part of the clothing and shoes in there. I'll probably switch the items out by season to make them even easier to get to.

14. I only have a few things for my dolls right now so I keep them in the boxes shaped and designed to look like books. They're fun to display around when shoved into the bookshelfs and they make cute storage boxes, I have three to fit the different personalities of my dolls.

15. I store all my clothing, organized by doll size (tiny, small, yo-sd, msd) in four different BJD doll boxes (I especially love my sturdy pukifee and littlefee boxes). :)

16. I keep all my dolls clothing in their original boxes...DZ sends them in pretty big boxes, and so I can just put everything in the plastic into the box and under my bed until I decide to change their outfits.

17. I used to store the doll clothes, wigs etc in cardboard boxes, but they looked ugly and finally when we moved I asked my husband to buy me a wooden chest. I store all the clothes, shoes, wigs and fabrics for sewing inside the chest. The chest is a lovely piece of furniture and serves as a seat in our living room.

18. Wow these are some pretty cool storage ideas and solutions. I loved the labeled picture. It seems exactly like the organized chaos that I have oing on here. I just bought a decorative keepsake box (size of a banker's box) Paris themed, to keep my dolly things in for right now. I have them all in individual zip-lock bags and then I organized them in the box by doll. I think as my collection grows, I would surely want to get one of those multiple plastic draw things to house all the accoutrements of my dolly obsession.

19. I only have a few at the moment so I keep some of them in small plastic bins, the others in my doll carrier pockets. The shoes and wigs go to another plastic bin. Once my clothes collection grows, I plan to have a custom closet made to make my dolly clothing storage look more realistic. :D

20. I have a barbie doll bed that mine sits on so I put the clothes under the bed or in the doll sock protector that he came in.