1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you store your doll's clothes and shoes?

Jul 21, 2011

1. Mariano,
      The plastic drawers I have aren't beautiful, but they are really, really versatile. That's something I need since I'm always switching things around in both my doll room and my sewing/jewelry room. They've got the added bonus of being portable, too, so when I go to our monthly doll club meeting; I can just pack & stack the bins with the props/furniture I'll need, put 'em on a hand cart and wheel them out the door. When I get home; I just put the bins back where they belong and I'm done. No more spending days...and I do mean days... putting everything back. :)

2. I'v been using photo boxes and white tissue paper to store my doll wigs, shoes and clothes.
      They have a nice little slot in the front for labels, too.

3. Right now I have them in my own clothing drawers in my dresser. But I'm planning to get some sort of storage bin or something, as my collection is growing.

4. My bedroom has some built in shelves and cupboards on either side of the windows, each side with its own small drawer. I currently keep my doll clothes in one of them, with accessories stored in a small basket and bead organizer. As I get more, I may need to move some to a slide-out storage bin like the one I use for my 27cm dolls, though, or give in and surrender my cross-stitch drawer.

5. whilst shopping around for a mini wardrobe today i began to wonder where other people keep their dolls clothes and shoes?

im thinkina bout going for the build a bear wardrobe for mine as its pretty pink and roomy.

6. I have mine in plastic boxes one for yo-sd, one for msd and one for SD and then they are in boxes under the bed :)

7. Nowhere in particular... In her box, or just...around. But, then again, I only have 3 pieces of clothing and 1 doll (1 incoming, too) :)

8. I used to use a collection of smaller decorative boxes and trunks, but got tired of having to remember what things I'd put in which boxes... so I replaced them all with these:

[​IMG]
      A pair of smallish, three-drawer chests of drawers from World Market.

Everything's in there except for the spare shoes (They're in the small chest on the right. The one my stuffed Dralion is sitting on-) and the Doll Heart outfits (Which are kept in their original boxes in the closet).

They keep everything neat and in its place, plus they're a good surface for Palrah, Muninn and Willow (My Akando, Bliss and antique Japanese doll-).

9. Each of my dolls wears one outfit, and then my extra clothes are stored in ziplock bags. I keep a couple of wigs in ziplock bags as well (wigs from Pullips, which aren't great quality). My good quality (Soom and Leeke) wigs I keep in their original packaging, with wig nets to keep them neat. All my eyes are currently in dolls, so I don't need to store them. My face-up/blushing supplies live with my other art supplies (in a box under a spare table that I usually work on).

10. I put each outfit and all its pieces in a little ziploc bags. Then I store the outfits in the fairyland doll box or in a larger clear plastic storage crate with a lid.

11. That's a fabulous way to store everything, Brightfires! World Market always has such great pieces.

12. I do like the world market small chests. I don't have the room for anything like that.

My doll items are all stored in tupperware. From furniture, re-ment, clothing shoes etc. All stackable. There is one box with clothes (favorite items) that isn't clear but a really pretty upholstered liberty box and then everything else is divided into specifics (pants, hats, etc) I will try to get a photo of it to add to the thread.

13. I've got one of Ikea's hanging things (see it here). It's the most practical storage system I've ever used. It doesn't take a lot of place and even if it wouldn't seem, it is very very capacious!

14. That's a fantastic idea! My son uses 2 of those under his loft bed to store *lots* of small sports balls and toys for my grandson to play with when he's visiting. And just because I know that sounds confusing...my son is 11 and my grandson is 4.:)

15. I have a box for them at the moment. If I get more, I might need a bigger box. ^^;

16. i group them by type (ie pants, tops, wigs, shoes etc) in slide-loc bags which are then stored in clear rubbermaid containers based on size (ie pukifee, yo-sd, msd) i like to be able to see whats there easily and not have to go hunting for it. when we go out for photoshoots, i take the clothes/wigs i want for that shoot in another slideloc bag. (i'm really big on clear plastic stuff, easy to sort/see what i have and keeps everything clean)

17. My organization really hasn't changed much since the last time I posted aside from gotten 10X more messy, but I just want to drop in and say that I started a pic request thread of this same topic, so if you all could share your photos here: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?488428 that would be awesome ;3;

18. There are some really nice ideas here. ^^
      I store everything in the boxes the dolls came with, mostly because I can stash those behind the cupboard. ^^; I have no system really. I only roughly know when I got/made certain items and can say which box I have to get out.

19. Erm... Since I don't own much for Feya and and my room is currently inhabited by more than one individual, her cheapie doll bed is in the hallway, stacked perilously atop some boxes, and she resides in her doll box. Her clothes, shoes, eyes, a few of her wigs, and any accessories I'm too lazy to store are kept atop her original box. Even her original paperwork is kept up there. I do plan on investing in a doll wardrobe. I must say, though, it's all very neatly organized, and I have easy access to her stuff that way. Her accessories are stored in a box within a box, which is kept by her original doll box. Let's say "box" a few more times. (;

20. I have a wooden chest I keep everything in.
      Everything is folded and baggied.