1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you store your doll's clothes and shoes?

Dec 16, 2004

1. I've only had Keiji a week or so, and he already has a large pile of clothes (99.9% of which I made myself) and tons more pattern pieces already cut out and ready to be sewn.

I bought a little wooden box from the craft store before Keiji even arrived and painted it black, except for the straw top (it looks slightly Oriental to me because of the top) and thought I would store jewelry and things in it. (I'd also gone to a bead store and bought him pendants and leather cord custom cut to his size just days before he got here.) But as soon as he came home to his new mama, I realized the little box was waaaaaay too small. It's about the size of one of those large boxes of matches, and it was very quickly filling up with cute earrings and necklaces I had bought at Hot Topic and Claire's.

And unfortunately, I can't get anything for storage right now. I'm visiting my family for the holidays and am three states away until early January. I ordered Keiji about a week after I arrived at my mum's house and had him delivered here. It'll be hard enough getting him home on the plane. I doubt I'd be able to fit all of his things in my carry-on luggage. ^.^;;

Anyways, I'll probably stop by Ikea myself (I need to buy a new computer desk) and I'll most likely pick something up for him there. Plus, I've never been to Ikea, so I'll drool over all the nifty Swedish furniture.

Okie, done ranting now.

2. I'm not sure if this is the corect place to post this, if not I'm sorry. As my doll clothes colection grows I'm faced with problem of where and how store them. So how do you sore yours?

3. I'm planning to go to AC Moore and getting a doll trunk to keep their stuff in. They have some lovely wooden ones on the doll/ teddy bear aisle.

4. Everything I have is stuffed into a big clear plastic storage box. =^.^=;;;;

I'd be more careful if I had the space, but being crammed into a tiny dorm room with a roommate does not afford that...

5. One thing that would probably work well is an american girl closet, because you can hang stuff up, put things in actual drawers, and all of that. But I just fold/stuff everything in a medium sized box, which works pretty well. It's pretty space-efficient and it holds a lot, even though it doesn't seem that big.

6. My mom stashed them into an actual drawer of mine and they've always stayed there. XD

7. I store each outfit flat in a ziploc bag to keep them clean, and store them in a large wicker box (it's lined). Smaller trinkets and wigs are stored in a dresser that's actually a large jewelry box, so it has sections small enough for trinkets & drawers big enough for several wigs.

I keep wigs in their original hair nets & bags.

8. Rubbermaids.
      I have rubbermaids all over my room for all my doll clothes.

9. In a shoebox ^_^;

That will probably change as I get more outfits, though.

10. I have an Ikea Noppe commode for them.

[​IMG]

11. For now they are in a huge box thalt used to contain my boots, and that is starting to get really to small now, cloth are coming out everywhere, I need a correct place :oops:

Shaded Mazoku> This is a great idea! i MUST get me one of those:

12. Omg I want one!

13. I put all my outfits into a ziplock freezer bag, mark the bag as to what outfit it is, then store it in a big plastic container. :)

I'm a bit anal, however, about how I store my doll clothes, since they cost me an arm and a leg. LOL

:lol:

14. The dolls have their own drawers... which are almost out of space :o I store everything of theirs in the original containers be it wig boxes or ziploc bags. The only thing not in their drawers are the eyes. I store those with my jewelery (in their little baggies) cause I love to take them out and look at them. :love

15. I have one of those rolling storage carts.. it's got 2 small drawers and 2 bigger drawers at the bottom.. wigs go in the top drawer, then shoes, then casual clothes in the first big drawer, and "dressy", not-often-worn clothes in the second.

Eyes and spare hands go into this little upholstered box that also doubles as a great doll-sized ottoman :lol:

[​IMG]

16. HE stole the top drawer of my dresser ( Yes, one that's bigger than I AM X_X!)
      and if goign to move into my bookself.

17. I have, of all things, a pirate chest planned for Sai's stuff. It was a box that came with a gift set that I got from Harry & David last Christmas. It's perfectly doll-sized, has a fair amount of space, and looks nifty to boot :)

For now, however, I've been keeping the stuff I've been making in a golf ball box, because there isn't much of it yet!

18. :o wow thanks for all the great ideas! It's really neat hearing how everyone store clothes.

19. Gabriel and Michael's clothes are jammed into a big duffle bag... it's rather tedeous trying to find something though, so I think they will need drawers or something soon...

20. You know, I hadn't thought about it. Maybe a drawer in my dresser...later on, the chest in my room? I'd have to clean crap out though.