1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you store your doll's clothes and shoes?

Dec 16, 2004

1. Steph had these 3-compartment bins on wheels with a handle that she got from the containerstore see here....
      http://www.containerstore.com/browse/Product.jhtml?CATID=62564&PRODID=60252

there is no containerstore near me. but I bit the bullet ordered 2 online (shipping, urk) and they are AWESOME. you can switch which is on the bottom/which is on the top. I got 1 for msd sized stuff, 1 for sd sized stuff, although (um) not everything fit so I kinda still have some things that ONLY fit my Ryung in another clear storage bin.

2. ^^; Jaede shares my dresser with me. He has his own human-sized drawer.

3. Right now, Ichii's clothing is all over the place. He's got a pair of pants here, a t-shirt there, etc. With the exception of his schoolboy uniform, which is folded neatly in his carry case, none of his clothes are either expensive, nor particularly well made, so I'm not really careful with them as I should be.

4. All stuffed together in a drawer. xD

5. My girl has her own chest. It was actually a chest made for sewing basket-things. I bought it at a fabric store. It's 10 X 10 X 14 inches (Roughly 26 X 26 X 36 cm), and it has carrying handles on either side. The chest is now full, though, and she's needing another one .....

6. A lot of Fox's clothes are in her doll-sized dresser & Lane chest. The overflow (mostly large dresses, coats, wigs, shoes, etc) are either in a cabinet at the bottom of her "apartment" (entertainment center) or a people-size hat box.

7. I store most of mine in two antique small Japanese tansu. One has three drawers with the big boys clothes in the top drawer, everyone's wigs in the second and shoes in the bottom. The other tansu has small drawers and a sliding door section that had a shelf in it, but I took that out and put a hanging rod in for some of their nicer clothes. However, I've ended up having to store some of Hana's fluffier dresses in a Volks doll box under the bed. I'll post pics later.

8. *embaressed* All of my boys' stuff is just laid into a big plastic box. Overflowing it, actually. I also have 1/6 stuff in there, all the MSD and SD stuff is together...wigs in nets and boxes. It's really a mess. But it's how I brought all my doll stuff to Japan, so...I've just been to lazy to resort it. However, last weekend, I did buy another box to help out! Now I just have to actually, ya know...do it. :)

Cheers,
      Junkets

9. I toss all my doll clothes, wigs, etc. around my room (and my friend's room) all willy nilly! And sometimes, I have a hard time finding stuff, at either one of our houses! :D

10. right now... oh man. well, I have a lot of stuff stashed away in the two carrying cases I own, some things in their original boxes, all piled up in front of my closet so I nearly knock the tower over every morning when I take my own clothes out :lol: and the rest in an assortment of clear plastic containers. they're eeeevvverywhere! :roll: however, I'm in the process of redoing my entire organizational system for my whole room, and the current plan is to let the ladies take over a few shelves in my dresser, which is going to become the toy dresser. :oops:

11. An Amazon box and a cookie tin. It's a very big cookie tin. :grin:

12. For a while I just stored them in her box, but that couldn't hold that much. Now they are in a backpack, but I really would like to get some sort of nice trunk or dresser type thing for her sometime soon.

13. All mine are in one of the CH boxes my dolls came in -- then I have wigs in a caboodle, and all my esthetic stuff in a three story caboodle.

14. I took one of those wooden bookshelves and modified it so that it has 2 rods for hanging clothes and space to store thos small cubby drawers to hold underpants and shoes and stuff. Looks like an open wardrobe. I get alot of funny stares when people come over. Call me crazy, but the neatly hung up clothing on little hangers is so cute.

semirans

Avesha: Is my birthday frock done? Sew woman sew!

gads but I love her!

15. :o can we see a picture of that? sounds AWESOME!!!!!!! where are you getting HANGARS?? wow!

16. I'll post a pic tonight. I order those plastic American Girl hangers. I get them from Home Sew for I think $2 a dozen (may be a bit more) If i dont ge the pic up tonight, send me a pm since I have likely forgotten.

semirans

17. I have the room that used to be the "mastersuite" in my parent's house. It comes with two closets. One for my stuff and the doll closet. Sounds better than it is. They're cold dank and mildewy sometimes. :barf Old farmhouse with no central heat and a wet basement! The resin family takes over one and two thirds shelves of the doll closet.

Most of the clothes, wigs, shoes, etc.. live in my Dollmore carrier when I'm not using it, which means it gets upended on my bed when I decide I need to carry someone somewhere in it. But I've acquired and made so much bjd "stuff" it's starting to overflow. :roll:

18. its mostly in the boxes they came in, or the doll carrier, or scattered around the sewing machine (along with the piles of fabric >.< must tidy!) but I suppose I should clean out a drawr for them, because their stuff is starting to take over my room! although I should make my carpenter dad make me something! yes, have him cease his reign of lazy-ness! (wow! I'm starting to sound like THEM now!) *runs and hides*

19. I never thought about that... :o
      I suppose I'll just use his box. I'm not planning nor can I afford a large wardrobe for him, and he's not one to complain about lack of variety...

20. I sort my doll clothes into storage by size. SD-sized items in one bag, MSD-sized in another, Sweet-sized in another, and Pocket Fairy-sized in a fourth. Within each storage unit, the clothes are sorted into plastic bags by "type." For instance, in the SD-sized bag there are smaller bags for skirts, shirts, dresses, shorts/pants, jewelry, and accessories, with a separate pocket for socks and another pocket for underclothes. The MSD and Sweet-sized storage units are actually Elmer the Elephant tea-set storage cases, while the SD-sized items are in a duffle bag. My PF stuff is stored in a Sanrio Sweet Coron lunchbox (Ellette has very few clothes, so the size of the lunchbox is overly optimistic...). My 1/6th scale dollfies have their stuff in a shoebox. Finally, miscellaneous things, shoes, wigs, and extra body parts (hehehe) are stored in a second duffle bag. The two duffle bags go on top of my bookcases and the shoebox, tea-set cases, and lunchbox are stacked in a corner of my closet/bookcase area (I decided that books are more important than a closet, so I took the doors off and put in bookcases and my clothes were banished to the drawers under my bed).

TMI, I know, heh.
      ~Tara