1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you store your doll's clothes and shoes?

Dec 16, 2004

1. in shoe boxes with the dolls name on it.

2. I don't have much for my doll right now, but what I do have (a couple of scarves, a wig, some hair accessories and beads) are stuffed into a Kinokuniya bag and placed on top of the cupboards above my 80+ books of manga. x.x

3. It's funny because during the holiday season, we were given some gift basket things only they weren't baskets. They were like little treasure trunks. So I took one and my boyfriend took the other. The trunk that I have is perfect size for Lenore and now holds her clothes. So since i've been looking at doll furniture (beds, chairs and couches) it made me wonder. What do you keep their clothes in? Do they take up a space in your drawers or do they have their own? Please I really would like to know.

Christal

4. A nice big plastic tub. Only it's getting heavy...and full...

Pretty soon I'm going to have to expand into a second tub, because it's starting to overflow. =^^=;;;

When I have available space - ie, when I'm not sharing my room with a roommate at college - I usually use the extra dresser for my dolls. XD

5. Melora's clothes are kept in a cardboard box that my Friends2Bmade clothes arrived in. Its purple and covered in weird drawings but its big and serves its purpose well.

Other than that Melora has a shelf to herself for her sofa and cuddly toys.

6. For a while, I was keeping clothes in Shyada's box, but now there are WAY too many pieces for that. ^^;; I also bought a pretty nice serviceable mini chest of drawers from Ross, but while it's great for socks, undies, spare body parts and the like, it doesn't have room for big pieces. So now Shyada and my new girl get their own big drawer in one of my dressers...and its pretty much full *_* but they look very cute all folded away in there. ^^ Wigs go in a hanging pouch bank in my closet, but I have to find something better soon...I've got too many wigs for it...

7. Kinomi's clothes go in her case for now, she also has a hello kitty bag that holds her shoes, wigs stay in the boxes they came in..
      Dutch however only has the clothes he has on his back.....

8. I have a small rubbermaid type container that has drawers. Almost like a tiny dresser. I keep stuff they don't wear much (and stuff I hope to alter to fit them) in that. Then for the stuff they wear alot I have this great purse that is basically a small suitcase. It latches shut and everything. I wish I could find another in fact. :D

9. My mom bought some sort of ... I dunno ... I think they were "Martha Stewart" metal boxes from a catalog. She never used them for anything, so I started storing doll clothes and wigs in them. It's nice, since our house is full of suicidal spiders and the boxes are tight enough that the spiders can't get in and play (before they die, that is).

10. Each of my crew will have their own trunk. Right now, Rei has the only one, a nice big wooden one that I got at A.C. Moore and painted for him. I'm not worrying about anyone else's at the moment, since it will be a while before I have any others, and I really don't have that many clothes right now.

It takes up a lot of space, but it's how I wanted to do it for them...^^;;

11. Currently what I have for my boys is in a big clear plastic set of storage drawers, I have two of them, but most of the stuff is mainly fragments that I have plans to turn into clothing once I start working on it...

12. I use a small container of drawers from Ikea. They're called Noppe or something like that.

They have drawers in various sizes, from a big drawer fit for dresses and coats, to small ones for little details and smaller clothing. I also store spare eyes and hands in one of these.

[​IMG]
      That's my doll clothing container. My mother painted the violets.

13. Wow, nice draws Shaded Mazoku o.o I love Ikea x3 myself I just use a random asortment of shoe boxes!

14. in a pretty green suitcase, it quite big, but doesn't take up a lot of space. $20 at TJ max home goods store.

15. My brats have one of those midsize Tupperware thangs in theory, but Audrey's clothes pretty much get thrown on his chair, much like mine do. I'm a bad influence.

16. [​IMG][​IMG]
      Heh....clothes and shoes in the big blue box...stuff in the
      transparant box...and wigs in the ems box ^^;
      I will get all of them their own boxes later on ^^;;

Also when they change they usually throw the clothes on
      the space where Jubei's parts now reside... ^^;;

17. momoko only has a few clothes but when i sew more i think i will make a chest and put all the stuff in. i keep the wigs on foam balls with cloth over them so the wookies wont get on the wigs. i havent gotten any shoes yet :( but if i did i would keep them on my desk all lined up

18. I have a set of smallish plastic drawers that stack--I need more though, his stuff is getting out of control :oops:

19. I keep my doll clothes in a shoebox I've had for over 2 years and inside zip lock bags to keep them clean.

I'm high class!!

:daisy Wonton

20. Ichii's stuff is in Ziploc baggies in his carry-case. Outfits are all in their own seperate bag, with all of the accesories with them. Seperates are sorted according to what they are - jackets, undies, shirts, pants, etc. I plan on getting a mini dresser or small hope chest for his stuff sometime soon.