1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you store your doll's clothes and shoes?

Dec 16, 2004

1. I used to use one of those plastic wheeled drawer sets they sell at Target...it had 2 deep drawers for clothing and 2 slim drawers for wigs/shoes. I could wheel it around to where I needed it, and it held a lot.

Now that I have more room, I have canvas baskets labeled for each type of clothing (SD dresses, MSD tops, etc) on shelves in my office closet, and all the wigs are in flat canvas divided ornament storage boxes (from Target, on sale!). Props are in bigger baskets at the bottom of the closet.

2. I've got one of those Rubbermaid-style six-drawer chests from Target, I have the MSD/SD/UnoLa-sized clothes all separated. I need to figure out some better shoe storage, though, those are all jumbled up in the deep bottom drawer with random accessories.

The drawer thing works pretty well, though!!

-- A :)

3. Well, I ran out in the last second (9:42...just in time to drive to Target, run in, grab it, look for about 3 minutes, then pay and get the heck out before they locked me in at 10 ;) ), and got this!
      http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c354/phantom-kitty8/DSCN4622.jpg
      It has really deep, big drawers...
      http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c354/phantom-kitty8/DSCN4624.jpg
      So hopefully it'll solve the problem for a while!!

(In case anyone likes that, it was $16.99 and was in with the little girls furniture/organization/room stuff...some Targets have two sections like this, check both!)

4. I currently have about 3 or 4 of these:
      http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0006O0EE2.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_.jpg

Approximate dimensions: 19.25Wx22.25Lx38.25H". I get them from Target. ^_^

I'll put shoes in one drawer, all my SD13 stuff of a particular style in one drawer,... mSD girl stuff in one drawer, etc, etc. I think the size is about right that MOST clothing I don't have to fold much to lay it flat in the drawers so it seems to keep things pretty nice. ^_^

5. Heehee! I use those too! Except I use it for just fabric.

I have a dresser in my room that has been taken over halfway by dolls. Two of the drawers are actually doll 'rooms'- a bed in each drawer with some little nicknacks to be their room... The top of the dresser is also a room(my most complicated one, with furniture and stuff.)

And then, there's a drawer just for Doll clothes. And it's Exploding. And I need to go through there and throw some of it out(bad attempts at sewing/whatnot), but it's all just piled in there and not really organized...

But I do keep some of the more delicate items(underwear/socks) in a little drawer in Odette's chest-of-drawers. It fits, and it keeps them from getting lost in the sea of doll clothes. *_*

6. aimee, sorry to be a bit off topic, but do you happen to have a link......I'm not sure where I saw it, maybe it was at your site!...to the little scan of the section of the manga where your quote comes from??

7. It's Chobits by CLAMP. ^_^ you can do a quick search for it in any online manga store, etc. I dont have a scan of the picture though, sorry!

8. Thank you! Yeah, I knew it was from that...I just know I saw a picture of the bit of the manga where it was featured. I wanted to show it to someone. :)
      Thanks though! XD

9. Wow. And here I thought I was extravagant for wanting a cute antique-looking trunk that's about the size of a small suitcase. *sweat*

The wheeled drawer sets sounds like a good idea for the future. I was thinking of buying one of those small ottomans that open up for storage. Right now, I've ordered three pairs of boots and two outfits and have scrounged some SD-sized accessories from my other collections, so I don't have much to worry about putting away.

I plan to keep all of my doll clothes in individual freezer bags along with a slip of paper detailing what company they come from, how much they cost, and the pieces that are included. That way, when I mix-and-match outfits, it will be easier to put everything back again. If I ever decided to sell an outfit, I'll also have an instant reference-sheet and don't have to wonder where it came from or how much I paid for it. :grin:

10. Right now I keep most of my dolls things in a few Rubbermaid storage boxes that I can slide under my bed. It's not really organized and everything is just stuffed together, plus I'm running out of room now. So I'm going to get some of those plastic drawer sets soon to keep everything in instead.

~Meg

11. I use see through Rubbermaid or Sterilite boxes. They stack on each other nicely, and I just don't have room for anymore rolling shelves - the ones I have are filled with sewing supplies!

Marcia.

12. My girl, being an only child, is waayyyy too spoiled to have just plastic containers.

*laughs* I'm sure I'll have to get them, though, when I get more kids! ^^
      Unless I want to commission my friend's carpenter husband to design a special wardrobe with shelves, drawers, and hanging space for all my dollie stuff! ;D

purplewiz~ I want to touch your kitty! XDD

13. Obviously, you have to buy more dolls to wear them all, then the clothes won't need to be stored! XD

14. I have the clear storage boxes as well (Sterilite? I think) under my bed ^^

15. at some point in my life I eliminated all drawers from my room....dunno why, just did. My new closet apparently decided to live without shelves tho....so I bought some stackable plastic drawers at the local hardware store and stacked/unstacked them at varrying heights along the floor.....her overflowing drawer has no cover even.....she'll probably get a second drawer soon...

16. I recently ran into a cute set of three nested hat boxes, that I now use to store both my girls' stuff. The largest one for clothes, the medium one for shoes and boots, and the smallest one for wigs.
      But um.. I think I'll need another set soon, so they can both have one of their own. They're filling up fast!

17. I don't know how I could live without drawers!! XD

I have for a bed half of the bunkbeds me and my brother shared in one room when we were little. When I was 11, we got our own rooms, and these are extremely well-made, from the old store This End Up, so they serve just as well as separate twin beds as they did when we were kids with bunk beds.
      Underneath, there are huge drawers.....and I have like three other shelves and drawers, etc.

18. I have a bunch of those... postcard/photoboxes... that come in pretty designs and stuff... none of my kiddies have much, so they each just have a lil box of their own. Keeps their stuff seperated, and looks pretty on my shelf!

19. i need one of those big plastic shelf things with drawers. i have all my clothes on a shelf that is over flowing onto my night stand. i have way to many shoes for my dolls, doll heart is way to good. i just have my wigs in the boxs they came in all around kinda, i leave them where i last used them ^.^;

20. Great big rubbermaid stacking bins, and the Target drawer things.

All my mini sized stuff is in the drawer things, and the larger dolls all have theirs in two big bins. Within the bins I have things seperated into boxes though. All accessories are in a box. All shoes are in other boxes, wigs are in a smaller rubbermaid bin inside the big bin. And each outfit is in it's own large zip lock bag, identified by who it's for, and also labled with a price, in the event anything ever happened to me and hubby needed to liquidate all this stuff. It's all fairly well organized, but the bins do take up alot of room.