1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you store your dolls day to day? XxX

Dec 21, 2015

1. I keep mine in her original box

2. At the moment, they have to stay in their boxes in my closet, but when I move into a new apartment, I would like to get them a display cabinet and a room box.

3. When i got my first doll i kept her in her carry case for months, then i got my 2nd doll and shes now on my dressing table with my other dolls ^^ I plan on getting stands for them next.

4. I keep them sitting near my worktable or on the couch. If it necessary to go somewhere for a long time I put them in their boxes.

5. One is in a drawer since she's the fancy girl and the other was a blank doll that is under constant modification. So she just sits on my dresser most of the time. :p

6. My chill on a bookcase in my room. Most of my dolls are huge Ipelhouse EID and HID size, so I used a wooden dowel to make the shelf roller coaster style so they dont fall off. I like to see my dolls, so unless im getting ready to sell one (I box them up for a while before I sell to see how I feel when I dont see them on my shelf.....) I keep then out where they are easy to see a grab. I like to have them play ready. :kitty2

7. My mom gave me a large glass doll cabinet, which is awesome, so most of my doll crew reside within it. I do have my two girls sitting on my dresser by my bed at the moment, as I like to play with them more. I have a pesky, naughty pug, so all dolls need to be up high or in the cabinet if they don't want to end up dog chews.

8. I prefer to see my dolls in display so I dedicated a part of a built-in display cabinet in my studyroom for my dolls. I placed a dehumidifier in the display and there is no direct sunlight so I'm pretty happy with it. I also kept my doll stuffs (their original box, clothing, wigs, shoes, accesories and cloth) in a drawer and covered cabinet of the same built-in cabinet.

[​IMG]

9. Mine are kept in my bedroom closet. Two of the three are in their boxes, while one is sitting on the top shelf.

10. I rotate my dolls every 3 to 4 months. The dolls that are out,sit on a shelf away from the sunlight. I also have some dolls that prefer to lounge on my bed. The dolls not being displayed are in their boxes.

11. I put mine on a shelf in a seperate room when I'm not actively enjoying them, otherwise they'd get hit with sunlight. Darn apartment being so well lit, I'd love to have them out in the living room otherwise.
      I have one exception, my DC katherine sits in an american girl knock off papasan chair on the table.

12. I'm still pretty new and so far I only have two heads, but right now I'm storing them in the top drawer of my dresser in a little box to keep them away from sunlight when my blinds are open.

13. Mine are displayed in a closed cabinet to minimize sunlight. If I want to see them or play with them I'll just open the cabinet. I'm running out of space though, maybe one day I'll put a couple of them out there on a shelf somewhere in my room. :lol:

14. In their boxes, under my bed. It sounds sad but I have no other choice since my room's really small.

15. I keep them in boxes, two dolls per box. I put them in a box by couple, so I like to imagine they snuggle.

16. I keep mine on a shelf in a glass display case, on a seat of blue velvet to stop scratching/chipping, also it contrasts with her pale skin really nicely.

17. I keep mine in display cabinets with glass doors. I like to be able to see and enjoy them. Those that aren't quite finished are in storage boxes in my closet.

18. Hello gang
      I just have one luts girl . I dont really take her out if the box.
      just wonder how you guy display your collection.
      I love to see your pictures.
      It will be so inspiring.
      Thanks
      Gary

19. Mine live on a box next to my computer lol. There's a storage box on top of my desk which is like a little stage, they stand on that. There's a bookshelf on one side of them and a computer screen on the other, so they're very sheltered from sunlight. The space is a wee bit small now that i've got 5 dolls standing there though. I can fit ONE more, lol. then I have to find a new spot. I'm not overly fussed about keeping them away from dust and light though, they were bought for me personally to enjoy and I love looking up when i'm doing stuff at my computer and seeing them, or picking them up and messing with them without having to get out of my chair lol.

I have a lot of other dolls in storage and I tend to forget I have them if I can't see them, so I prefer to have things out on display.

20. mine move around a lot o.O I don't really have a specific place for them so i put them wherever i can and want. Like on a chair in the living room. Or on a cabinet. I recently bought a glass display cabinet and i hope to fit them all in there.... Its standing in my room so i might add some curtains to keep them safe from the sun. To me its sad to keep them in boxes and my constant moving them around, although sometimes annoying, does allow me enjoy them ^^