1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you store your dolls day to day? XxX

Dec 21, 2015

1. Mine sits on a table, or any spare ledge in my room. For the longest time, he sat on top of my wardrobe, as it was the safest place for him (I couldn't possibly knock him off).

I find some sort of reassurance in being able to look at him every so often. When I had pet rats, I didn't pay attention to Alex, but I lost the rats last year and I've been in search of something to replace them. Not realising that the perfect solution was sitting in the room next to mine, unloved & ignored for so long. Now that he's back in my room, I find myself glancing across at him every so often. It's comforting.

2. All sat in my closet between two shelves, so I can get to them quick and easy, but they arent in the light! I either want a UV glass cabinet, or a room with no windows XD

3. XD i dont store them i dont have any yet lol

4. I bought those kind of assembled boxes with doors and made them a "room" to put them in. Usually they just sit there, away from the sunlight~ I like to see my dolls around so I usually just put them out in the open~

5. I keep mine in his original box, although it should be a temporary solution. I've got this cabinet in my room where I keep most of my favourite Barbies and childhood toys, which however got kinda cluttered with a bunch of other stuff through the years... I'm planning to get rid of the clutter so I can move my boy in (as well as possible future dolls). The cabinet has a wooden door, so no sunlight getting through it either :)

6. I don't really "store" my dolls. They live on various shelves around my room. I like seeing them, even when I'm not actively engaging with them. It makes it easy for me to grab one when I do want to play, too :) The only time I want to put my dolls back in their boxes is if I have to transport them en masse, like if I'm moving or something.

7. I keep all of my dolls out and around my computer room-- the only exceptions would be the dolls that I haven't bonded with and am thinking about selling.

I keep the blinds in this room shut, and most of my BJDs are sitting on shelving units I've bought and set up. My dollfies on the other hand sit pretty much anywhere they want because I don't have to worry about them being in the sun :sweat I really need to reorganize this room though, so more of my dolls can sit together and not be as scattered as they are currently.

8. I have four young and joyfull cats, so I'm not comfortable leaving my doll on my desk alone with those monsters. For now, the poor girl is in her original box in my closet, but when I'm home I put her on my desk under extreme surveillance.

9. Currently, I have my three boys on a shelf in my closet that's doll-devoted... but that's really supposed to be a temporary solution until I have more storage, when I want them to have a bookshelf environment. And Marigold hangs out in her case pretty much whenever I'm not pulling her out to do something with her, but with the case open so she can 'breathe' (actually so I can see her pretty little face from my bed, she gets to kind of sit up out of the carry-case on her pillow).

10. I have a dolly box filled with her clothing I keep her in until I can make her a room

11. Icy keeps me company by sitting on a chair near my working desk. I tend to pose her in the most natural way, so my lady would be comfy, and even give her a doll-sized book sometimes. Other guys which I'm expecting now are most likely to do the same thing, just like my collectibles and figurines currently do - I'd love seeing my dolls, not just store them in a box. I imagine the best sit in the house would be always reserved for my first favorite lady though.
      Sunlight is brought down to absolute minimum in my room since I don't like it, window blinds are always shut tight, so I don't have to worry about this at all. Lucky to share this preference with my dolls~

12. For now, my dolls are stored in their boxes inside a cabinet. I'm trying to build some sort of a diorama inside for them to live in so that every time I open the door I can admire them. :3

13. I move around a lot, even when at home, so I like to keep her in my carry bag so I can pop her out anytime to sit alongside me

14. I only have 4 dolls - two MSD and two tinies. I have one sofa for each pair, so they are usually sitting on their sofa - one pair in the living room and one pair in the bedroom, positioned so they never get direct sunlight. I like to repose them regularly or just grab them and play with them for awhile.

15. My dog doesn't care about them so are just standing on a shelf. I want to build a diorama for my MSD though...

16. There's a corner in my dorm room never get sunlight, so Hyacinth has a chair there. When I get home, I'll have to find a new corner for her!

17. Mine sit on a bookshelf, I don't care if they yellow, I figure I want to be able to display them, or really what's the point? I handle my dolls, I'm not really the glass case/blackout room type.

18. Both of them sit on my china cabinet by my bed out of the sun. They're right below all of my figures and I take them off the shelf every day to avoid them collecting dust.

19. Sad to say, she's just tucked away on the top of some cabinets, with some cloth covering her to keep her away from the sunshine.
      Maybe after I get a new place, I'll get a decent area for her to sleep in.

20. I keep my dolls in the boxes or bags. If I want to take photos of them, they will sit on my desk or bed for a few days.