1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you store your dolls day to day? XxX

Dec 21, 2015

1. So I recently purchased two dolls and I absolutely adore them both, but they've been in their boxes since I got them! I wanted to put them on my bookshelf, but the sun hits my room directly. And I don't want them to yellow.

So how do you all display or store your dolls? Do you have a display case where you keep them all in? Or even a roombox? Do you keep them on a bookshelf or standing on a desk? Or do you keep them in a closet?

I'd just like some ideas on how I could display/store mine.

2. I have some friends ,they used to buy an crystalbox for their doll(like a box in a doll show). You can also spray your doll with ”extintion“(a tipe of chemical spary that a lot of faceup artist use).
      Well, in me view, I see my dolly like a daughter,it is an artwork,we need to care of it but at the same time, dont be too concerned about this.Be brave! Put he or she in your bedroom,people will be old and die,dolls are the same。Yeah ,but if you can, the best is to protect it as well as you can。

3. My girl is standing in my living room and I put a cloth over her head every night to cover her because in the morning there's direct light in the living room and I'm still sleeping, so I can't cover her at that time. More or less at lunch time the strong light is gone, so I can take off her cloth and see her properly.

4. i keep my dolls in their boxes in my closet when they're not out, and when i do take them out i try to keep them out of the sunlight even for small amounts of time.

5. In here:

[​IMG]

Sorry about the headless dolls! :O

#225 Dark Angel, May 10, 2017
      Last edited: May 11, 2017
    6. They're going to yellow anyways, keeping them in their boxes only slows down the process. That's why I got my dolls sitting all over my room. I bought them so I can see them .. ;)

7. My boys sit on my desk in my room, which always has the curtains shut, so there's not too much sun. I don't keep anyone in their boxes unless I'm planning to sell them; I get my dolls to enjoy them, and keeping a doll in a box all the time seems like a bit of a waste to me! They're gonna yellow anyway, even in their boxes.

I'd say if you can't put them on your bookshelf, maybe try to find another place in your room to display them. You could get a cheap little bed table or something and set it away from the sun to be a doll table. Or if you have no other choice, maybe keep them in their boxes during the day and take them out in the evening. If you're not in your room during the day anyway then it's not too big a deal. Or you could get some curtains to block the sun; they don't have to block it completely, just diffuse it enough that it's not directly shining on the dolls. And some people just keep their dolls in their boxes until they're going to play with them. There's nothing wrong with that, especially if you're not home much to see them displayed. There are lots of options! :3nodding:

8. I leave them inside their boxes inside my wardrobe!

9. My dolls have their own closet which is closed all the time except when I work with them for photoshoots, sewing or other things. They have their places to sit in that closet and since it has doors made of wood and not glass or any seethrough material they are protected from the sun and I can still open the closet and look at them or get them out without any trouble :)

10. I have shelving built just for the SD crew, as roomboxes/dioramas. I have them placed in a way that direct sunlight never hits them. Most of them are in that shelving unit, but a few sit on top of a chest of drawers, while the rest chill on a doll sofa directly under the window, where the light can't possibly angle in to touch them.

For my tinies, they're sitting on a round shelf I got at a closeout store. It's a wall shelf and hangs right beside a south facing window, so once again, light never reaches it.

Finally, my first doll is sort of "retired", as he doesn't fit with my current crew and he stays in his box in a closet most of the time.

11. I have sconce shelves in my bedroom for my dolls, at MSD size I can fit two apiece on most of them. Since they're attached to the wall instead of resting on the floor, the shelves don't receive much vibration from foot traffic. They're stable enough that I have been able to display my dolls standing up with their backs leaning against the wall, with no mishaps for three years so far.
      As far as yellowing goes the only window in that room faces north, the curtains are always closed, and the ambient light is angled to the opposite wall, so I'm not too worried.

12. I'm in the process of getting some shelves to hang on the wall to keep my dolls on. At the moment they are on top of my dresser, but the dresser gets knocked around a lot and I'm terrified one is going to fall and break. I do have one doll that sits on my desk and keeps me company when I work, but other than that they are all going to safety on some shelves.

13. My dolls are currently in their boxes, but I'm in the process of filling up my work room with display cases for all of my collections.

The room has a bay window, and I switch between using sheer and blackout shades depending on what I'm doing, so I'm using OP3/P99 acrylic instead of glass.

14. I have a wooden armoire with wood doors, so no light exposure. Nine out of my ten bjd current family live there in the dark. I have one bjd in a doll cabinet. I put decorative paper on the 2 glass sides of it to block light and give her a nice background. It gives a shadow box effect and keeps light off but I can enjoy her daily.