1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you store your dolls?

May 24, 2018

1. I only have space in the corner of my room for now, so my dolls have to sit there with a blanket over their heads because it gets quite sunny :( But I'm planning on moving soon, so hopefully they will get their own shelf so I can look at them whenever I want to!

2. I can't stand having my dolls stored away in a closet or a box, I want to see them easily! Any doll stored away in this house is doomed to be sold before long. So, I have turned our spare room into a doll room and built shelving on the wall to house their rooms!

[​IMG]

I have too many dolls for them all to have their own room, so the others either hang out on a doll couch off to the side, or are children hanging out in their parent/sibling's room, or they're on a shelf in a corner cabinet in my sewing room (mostly only my first doll and the fantasy creatures/pets who don't fit in with the SD crew). Both rooms have south facing windows and never get direct sunlight, but the doll room also has curtains and blinds, so the dolls are safe being on display. My dog isn't allowed in that room and I keep the door shut most of the time, so dirt and dust don't really build up either. There's only one heating/AC vent in the ceiling in there, and I close it in the winter so the dolls don't get too hot. Their clothes and wigs and props that aren't in the dioramas are stored in individual tubs in a chest of drawers in the corner, and their boxes, large props and formal clothing is stored in the closet.

3. I was thinking if I made a SD sit, it would fit! :abambi: I'm actually tempted to take the dolls to IKEA to see if they fit haha
      I really need space that has to be closed, because my cats are obsessed witht them, for some reason...

4. Oh no ;-; good luck with moving!

5. THis is amazing! Do you make their rooms yourself?

6. Thank you! Yes, I do! :)

My husband helped me build the main structure since I’m not that skilled at wood working and he’s a team leader in a cabinet company, but the design was mine and I decorated the rooms myself. I really expected something like this to cost me a fortune, but honestly building the shelving and the basic wall colors/flooring/beds cost about the same as a mid-range SD. The props and small items probably cost quite a bit more, but I’ve acquired those pieces over the years and haven’t kept track of the cost.

7. I imagine a modded instrument case, like for clarinet, alto sax, or flute, could be a good and secure option.

8. Seriously it’s incredible, I wanna try making a room now for mine haha

9. If you’ve got the space, you can do it! :thumbup

10. All the rooms and shelves for dolls I've seen in this thread are so neat! :aheartbea I also would totally love to make some ~mini rooms for my guys! I think it's mostly just a space issue for now because my husband and I still can't decide fully what we want our spare room to be... like either a straight up game/hobby room or do we actually want to make it nice for guests??? xD

My two guys right now get put back into their box/carrier every night before I go to bed and I think ... I would probably continue that even if I did have an area where I had rooms or shelves for them. I just like the idea that I know they're totally covered, totally safe and away from my curious cats. I think I also have a little leftover "keep your doll in a box" mindset from keeping my action figures sealed and never opened. LOL

11. Oh they will definitely fit if you make them sit and you can space out the shelves however you like. :) Its a great piece of furniture in my opinion.

12. FABRIKÖR Glass-door cabinet - dark gray - IKEAI keep my dolls in a nifty retro looking IKEA glass case. It locks so I don't have to worry about people messing with them when I'm not around. :) The case holds 3 SD boys and 2 MSDs and various small event dolls comfortably. It's cool seeing how everyone displays their dolls :)

13. I have a cabinet for mine that is strategically placed against any incoming sunlight and thankfully within glancing view of my desk. For a while I actually had them out and about on a tiny coffee table, and my two cats used to surprisingly respect them and not go new them. Then we found a kitten in our front yard and the whole house had to be kitten-proofed *lol* I was very despondent about my dolls going away because I had nowhere to safely put them until the cabinet arrived.

14. I use an IKEA Billy bookcase with glass doors. I love being able to see them, and they feel better protected than when they were on my dresser.

15. I keep mine out on the opposite side of my room so the light doesnt get to them~ Theyre all out on display and I keep the boxes under my bed incase i need to store them, though i prefer to have them always out so i can see them and change their close every once in a while :3

16. Mine occupy a whole section of an IKEA dresser. Higher shelf for SD and higher, lower for MSD and YoSD (52cm Dollstown Elf sits there too, since most of my dolls are SD+ and there is not enough place at their shelf by now), and some drawers at the bottom where I store their clothes and stuff. Both doll shelves are roomboxes with furniture... at least they're going to be, I've fallen out of the hobby for a while and left their 'rooms' in the middle of renovation. I need to reorganize that all once I finish my exams this summer...

17. My dolls are stored in a selfmade diorama I am still working on.
      So it looks more like a dollhouse and I think it looks much better than only store them in a shelf or so. But this is only my opinion and it's also a matter of space, time and money.
      Here you have a look at the older picture of the diorama:
      [​IMG]20180428_130413-600x800 by Nicole Richter, auf Flickr

18. Oh wow this is literally amazing! How long did it take you to get it all together?

19. Here you can follow more of it
      https://denofangels.com/threads/full-dollhouse-diorama.775538/#post-12448405

I built it up step by step. It's more a project since october last year when I got the roombox from BelachixDollWorld (etsy). My bed I built was to high for the roombox so I built a second floor which has a bigger height. And then it has grown more and more *_*
      Now the kitchen and fitting room are next project :evilplot:

I only thought it is the best way to store and show my dolls. Also for taking pictures of a normal day at dollies days.

20. I have no glass case for my dolls, and I don't want them or their clothes to get dusty, so I store them in boxes in the coolest room of the house, and only take them out for photoshoots.