1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you store your dolls?

May 24, 2018

1. Before I moved, I had both of mine sitting on a doll couch set that was on a bookshelf. Now since I've been sewing for them recently, even though I set up the doll couch on a different shelf after the move, they've been on the desk where I'm usually at. Shoot, at this point I might as well put the doll couch on the desk and have a proper spot for them that I actually use again.

2. Before I started with the diorama I also stored them behind glass in a lovely shelf. But it looked boring and they got not enough attention this way. So I decided to do more for them. And it is much more interesting - in my opinion - to give them a live like look by building them a real looking home or a fantasy style home - depends on favourite style.

3. I have very limited storage options right now. I have my 2 big boys out on my nightstand but my new doll and extra head are safely stored in their box/doll carrier all nicely wrapped up (along with the wigs, eyes, and clothes I have).
      I wish I had better storage for them but for now this will have to do. I should probably worry about the dolls I have out. I sleep in the living room and we have a sliding door to get out onto our balcony. Luckily my dolls are basically fully clothed with their back to the window so I don't think there will be too much yellowing or sun damage but yeah :P

4. I definitely understand the impulse to display dolls on a shelf. I used to keep mine on an old magazine rack from the '50s so I could see them all the time, but then I adopted a cat who thinks they look like chew toys. :sweat So, I got rid of that shelf and bought a couple of storage cabinets. They are advertised as pantries for kitchens. They keep them all safe, and are easy to open and remove dolls from. I am not too concerned about yellowing, as it will happen with time anyway, but the cabinets do keep them out of direct sunlight.:thumbup

5. I keep them boxed up, mostly because they’re all naked. The boxes are nicely stacked at the foot of my bed, next to the wall, so they’re out of the way.

I plan on doing more things with them when they’re complete.

6. My dolls are displayed in a display cabinet I got from IKEA. My BJDs usually occupy the bottom shelf while the rest is for other off-topic dolls and such. That said, whoever is the favourite at the time gets to stand on my desk with me so I can look at them while I'm working. (A position usually held by my Minifee Miyu, but recently taken by my Bunny Nine Yami ^^)

7. Unfortunately I don't have enough room for dioramas. I have two SD dolls and one MSD so especially for my SDs it would take up a lot of space and I only have a small room for myself. They mostly just sit on a shelf or stand on my desk when I'm on my computer to keep me company.

8. My dolls sit on a shelf in my room! I keep the curtains closed at all times, so the sun doesn't affect them, or at least minimally doesn't. I'm kind of a vampire anyway, so I hate the sun shining brightly into my room!

I think I'd feel really bad and kind of guilty if I kept them hidden away in their boxes. I just love to admire them, and with the amount of money spent, it would be a waste, in my opinion.

9. My partner and I keep our dolls in our "doll closet" - the closet in the second bedroom in our apartment that we use as an office / storage / exercise room. There's a high shelf around the closet and they all either sit on it, or on the stacked up doll boxes that create a surface off the floor :D I like to keep them out of the sun and safe from the cats, so that's where they are unless I'm actively taking pictures with one or more of them or trying on clothes etc.

10. After I photograph my dolls, I take off everything (wig and all clothes) but leave the eyes, and store them back in their box.
      I was wondering how others like to store their dolls. Do you keep them on display fully done (like with wigs, clothes, accessories on)? Or store them away? Just curious:3nodding:

11. I usually keep everything on her when I put her in her box, and then I leave the box in my closet. I wish I could take her out, but because I have cats I'm afraid they'll make her fall if I'm not watching :eek: I'm trying to re-organise my room this summer so I might find a place where my cats can't reach her so I can admire her more often.

12. I also remove everything from my dolls except their eyes, and put them back in their individual boxes and inside my closet. They are too large to keep displayed (I have a huge collection of other toys, so there's no room), but mostly I like to keep my seven fur-babes and my larger resin dolls safely away from each other. It's also pretty neat that they won't be exposed to prolonged heat or light, because it helps keep their yellowing to a minimum. (:

13. I keep mine displayed on a bookshelf in my room, fully dressed. There's little sunlight to worry about (I work overnights, so I have heavy curtains to block it out) and typically air conditioned. I keep my cats out of there too since I have other things on display. There's also the fact that I only have one resin doll and at MSD size he's easy to find a place for. I'll probably rearrange and/or put up another shelf if and when I get more dolls.

14. I currently store them back in their box as well. I don't keep them displayed, but I'd like a pouch or bag for them so I don't have to keep putting them back in their box. I'm less likely to take them out for a few minutes and play with them because it takes too long to unbox etc.

15. My one full doll sits on my shelf at the end of my bed (I have a bunk bed so he is shielded from the window light). My other dolls are still just heads so they are in their boxes till they get bodies then they will join my boy on the shelf! I like having my dolls out so I can see them and appreciate them and if I want to play I can just grab them off the shelf :)

16. Got them sitting around more or less everywhere they'll fit (most of them on the couch, which I dont' use anyways) wearing all their stuff gathering dust. :)

17. My friends told me they store their dolls in their closets hahaha

18. I need to see them and to have them visually around me. For ne, personally, there is no point in keeping them locked away in their boxes. I would feel awful doing so. I am proud to own such beautiful pieces of art and therefore I want to have them on display. Right at the moment I am waiting on some furniture and stuff to make them rheir own little space in my room :3

19. I was taking everything off them but got a bit lazy & left black tights on one girl & when I went to change clothes she has some faint black marks but I managed to get them off so Ill be undressing again & into the boxes..shame really I liked to see them dressed.

20. My dolls are stored nude, but not in their boxes. They are kept in a shaded glass fronted display cabinet. They are on display because I like to see them and nude because I like extensive body blushing and painted details, so clothing would only obscure that!