1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you store your dolls?

May 24, 2018

1. My closet faces the window and gets direct sunlight(no doors on them) so I have my girls on a bookshelf I emptied to the side of my room away from the window, generally fully dresses except for when I’m in the middle of planning/creating outfit designs, then they tend to be naked on my work table until the outfit is done. Except for Amara, my tiny, I always keep her dressed somehow....^^’

2. I put mine is a clear display cabinet away from the window, fully clothed! I love seeing my dolls all dressed up so not displaying them is a waste! Seeing them all the time makes me happy too ~

3. I leave their eyes in and take their wigs and shoes off, and depending on the outfit and how soon I expect to get them out again I may or may not remove their clothes.

Then they go back in their box and join the doll box stack my partner and I have on our dresser. Its high enough the cats cant jump up on them, and theyre all msd boxes so they stack nicely.

We have 6 cats and dust and cat fur get everywhere. I dont have a glass cabinet and wouldnt want to hang out in a dark room all day. So I would hate to have my dolls displayed only to have them yellow faster and get dust all over. I much prefer to only have them out only when I want to play with them, sew for them, or take photos.

4. This is awesome!!!

I store mine in my window closets where I also keep my anime figurines and Pulllips.

5. My dolls have a rotating mini set up of things I am working on that seems to hang out in the living room of my house... on top of a glas cabinet full of collectables :) the rest of their things stay upstairs in my craft room, because they’re either half done, or there’s just too many things to fit on the cabinet :’) they will eventually get their own ‘cubes’ storage shelves that I will customise into doll rooms :)

6. I store mine in drawers! I mostly have vinyl fashion dolls from quite a few brands, and I have plastic 5-drawer storage units going all across one wall of my room so that I can efficiently organize by brand and protect them from dust. Up until recently I kept my resins in a big, black wooden chest with all of them stored in their individual cases/boxes within the chest, but since I have other things sitting on top of the chest I rarely took them out. I had opened up some space in my drawers after selling off a few dolls so I relocated them to two of the top drawers, with pillows underneath and on top of them to prevent sun/dust exposure, two resins in each drawer. I actually take them out several times a week now and I don't have to move a bunch of stuff if I just want to look at them.

For the future I'd like to have a big room, with spaces dedicated to each type of doll I collect- so the vinyls in drawers across one wall, a special place for my BJDs- complete with storage drawers for clothes and accessories, a wig stand and a small place to display them occasionally. I also have this ridiculous/creepy idea of having miniature, personalized caskets (yes like burial caskets) to store them in and line them up along a big table LOL

#66 lunar-dream304, Jul 12, 2018
      Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    7. I just let them stand on my desk, but not to be directly under sunlight.

8. Since moving into a small room in student halls, I've tried to kick my very impractical 70cm doll habit, and had my 2 big bjd sat in my wardrobe (which is basically a tall, 3 foot wide cupboard with a hanging rail) with all the towels and bedding, waiting to be sold :blush But whenever I opened the wardrobe door it seemed like these 2 were deep in conversation, and they became more 'alive' than when they were out on display! And since I hate dusting my dolls, double bonus! So I decided to move my other 4 dolls (SD size and a midi DC centaur) into the wardrobe, and put all the towels and bedding on the shelf instead. I made a bench on the wardrobe floor for them out of a midi doll box, put a white towel on the floor of the wardrobe, and sat them all in there - so I see them when I get my clothes out every day, and often just open the door to say hi to them! In fact there is room in there for MORE dolls so.... :evilplot: and there was me thinking I had to downsize! :whee:

9. He keeps his clothes and wig on all the time. I used to be paranoid about dark clothes staining him so he usually wears white but since I started making the clothes myself I stopped worrying about it. I also love looking at my doll so I always keep him within my line of sight. I have a home-based job so he just sits on my work desk everyday, then I take him back to my room at night, where he sits on the bedside table until morning. He's basically everywhere I go, because I own 10 cats and last time I left him alone I caught one of the cats chewing his jointed fingers... :c

10. I keep mine in the box, but only because I have a very small crowded room. Plus two cats who love to walk on shelves and push things over. I would love to install a shelf near my bed one day and sit her there, so I can see everyday when I wake up. I might up buying a second glass display case. I keep my teacup collection in one, but it's filled to max capacity.:sweat

11. Mine currently live, dressed and wigged, on a pair of glass shelves set on the south wall of my "living room" space, near the west window. Because of how far north I live and the perpendicular positioning, they get no direct sunlight while getting to be out where I can see them, and the enclosed cabinets protect them from my young cats.

I previously had them out on open utility shelving, still positioned to stay out of the sun, but more accessible. I did prefer that, but I no longer have the calm cat who made it possible, and if the kittens break a doll because I was careless in securing it from them, that's only my own fault.

12. I keep all my dolls boxed away, my Transformers/action figures own my glass cabinets and therefore they get the only shaded places in my room (they were my first hobby after all, and there's much more of them than there are dolls! They'd be much harder to store too since I don't keep their boxes).
      I'm heavily considering setting up a boxy, shaded diorama so I'd have someplace to keep my dolls out, but for now Vesper sits next to my laptop at home, and sometimes I'll switch between her and my other dolls. There's a shaded place they can sit, though it is rather small and I always have to take care so that I won't accidentally knock them over while turning (my mug's taken a few hits).:sweat

13. I love having them on their shelves exposed, so everyone who comes sees them.
      [​IMG]

14. I keep my dolls inside their boxes. I'd like to display them but my room is always exposed to the sun and I really don't want them to get yellowed...

15. They have an entire chair to themselves, like a proper crazy doll lady.

[​IMG]

16. My girls sit on a shelf, in the shade. I am looking to get a cube shelf from IKEA to put them in. They're perfect for Pukifee Dioramas!