1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

how do you store your papers/coa's for your dolls?

Jan 25, 2019

1. My COA receipts, emails and shipping labels are in a large ziplock bag in the bottom of my doll case. I'll probably move up to a folder and page protectors. :) The boxes are stored in the top of my closet. I do fold some of the less fancy msd boxes flat to save space.

2. I keep all my doll boxes and used to just keep all paper work related to each doll in it's respective box. I've since decided to just use one of the smaller doll boxes to keep all the COAs and other paperwork in, as it's easier than having to rifle through all of the boxes each time I need to pull one out.

3. Most of the CoAs stay in the doll box if they came with one. Large doll boxes are on a shelf in the closet, small doll boxes and loose CoAs are in the bottom drawer of a chest of drawers in the doll room.

I also try to print out a proof of purchase for each of my dolls and keep that in a file in my filing cabinet with other important papers. I only recently started doing this, so I have no records for older dolls bought before current PayPal or company history or for dolls I got in trades or bought with cash in person. It makes it easy if I want to sell a doll to have the proof of purchase hard copy, in case the company/dealer website is down or defunct, and also helps me keep track of what I paid for a doll to price it for sale.

4. I have three COAs and keep all three in a lockbox with my other important papers. The one official doll box i have i keep with my crafting stuff. Its currently full or jars i use to keep my eyes organized. >.<

5. I keep the bigger ones in a ziplock bag and the card ones i keep in a card organizer, all in a shelf inside my closet

6. I just stash them in the boxes. But for the dolls that I've sold but kept the CoAs, I just keep them in my desk drawer.

7. I leave the CoA's in the box, tucked neatly in between the bubble wrap, pillow, or whatever the doll company sends it with. The boxes then get stacked in my "storage" room. If I have time, I organize my closet to make room for the boxes. :)

8. Coas in a file in our file drawer, boxes in the pantry loft. Spare parts in a drawer of a big apothecary chest that has mostly doll stuff in it :aangel:

9. I really should keep them all in one place so that I can keep track of them. But I'm in the middle of reorganizing my doll things at the moment. The plan is to get a cabinet with our refund this year and a bunch of containers for inside it. I'm going to have a couple shelfs that are going to have velvet covered thick foam to put my dolls in. I guess I can put their coas in plastic bags under the foam. Otherwise, they mostly stay in their boxes unless they don't have a box then it's in my fabric drawers.

10. I used to keep them in the box of the corresponding doll. However since losing one of my coa's, I now keep them all together in one small special box. Like a small treasure chest.
      From time to time I like looking at them, don't ask me why.

11. I don’t have that many dolls right now, but i organize my COA by first writing the doll name on it haha so once I recieve more dolls I won’t get them mixed up. Then I put them together in a folder on my doll bookshelf (I made an entire bookshelf dedicated to bjd stuff) :)
      I store my boxes in a dry place in the garage :)

12. All my COA's stay in their boxes. Thankfully my dad built my closet and there's lots of storage space up top. So they're piled nicely. Though I'll have to figure it out when I get too many dolls..

13. I have a zipper pouch meant for organizing notecards, it's the perfect size for storing CoAs too! :)

14. Most of my COAs are kept in the boxes the dolls came in. For dolls that did not come with a box (used or artist made) the COAs are in my filing binder with other important documents. As for boxes, they take up most of my closet space (lol). I might put some in the attic at some point, thought I would probably wrap them in plastic and put them in a larger box so that bugs did not get in them.

15. I have a designated drawer for COAs.

I, too, need to go through all my lifetime supply of craft supplies, and maybe find a more efficient storage system, but so far I've found a ton of excuses to put it off. LOL!!

16. I moved my CoAs into a binder with plastic sleeves. I keep them in order of how I get the dolls. It’s very satisfying to flip through! Before the binder I kept the CoAs in the doll’s box. I just started getting to many boxes for that to be an effective form of storage haha

17. I keep the boxes/bags and CoAs for my dolls in the top shelves of my closet. It’s not incredibly organized, but I only have 4 dolls at the moment! lol

18. For me, I package all doll information (COA and a card that lists where I bought it, eye/wig size, height, etc.) in a ziplock bag. Those ziplock bags are then put in a small box with all of my other doll boxes- stacked carefully in the back of my closet.

19. I keep them all in their boxes, even though the boxes take up so much space it's ridiculous. I keep all the boxes for every figure or doll that I buy so it's a mess. But I think they CoA are safest there.

20. I have a box file where the COAs and other papers I've gotten with my dolls go. I actually kept the more generic packing documents as well, as with one set, it actually indicates what doll the body came from (the MSD Yuni, in that particular case).