1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How does your doll's headcap attach?

May 23, 2011

1. Not to mention the possible use of a hairdryer and the possible need to cut notches into the lip just to get it back on (as suggested by volks themselves), and even then it still requires some force. At least that's my experience with my DD. The notches definitely help though. However, the headcap definitely stays in place for as long as you want it there. You have no worry of it moving if your DD takes a tumble, that's for sure. :lol: The DD's vinyl headcap works with just a lip that is essentially fit snug to the head- no magnets or strings needed

My Iplehouse I's headcap uses just magnets, which used to give me hell while trying to put her wig on. The slightest bit of pressure in the right area can cause it to flip out of place, and sometimes a decent ways away from her head.

My Soom Nenad's head cap uses a magnet and latch/lip combo that's very stable.

2. My AoD Zi Yuan is one of the older ones with the headcap that the S-hook hooks onto. It's not bad now, but when she first came from the company she was strung so tightly it was almost impossible to pull her headcap up enough to remove it. She was my first doll and I actually thought, "I must be doing something wrong, no one else seems to have a problem taking their dolls' heads apart." XD

My Abio Angel and my older Bobobie have no system at all to hold their headcaps on, just notches to line them up right. I have them attached with a little putty in the top notches & a bit of scotch tape around the outside. It's a bit of a pain to have to redo it all anytime I have to open them up (might try to add magnets one of these days).

My Bambicrony has a one magnet/rubber band s-hook hook combo. My Volks & Luts SDF have magnets only. Magnets are convenient, but they do tend to not be strong enough to hold the caps on securely, especially through wig changes.

My favorite type is probably my Delf's; he's got the twist lock mechanism to hold his cap on. Really easy, quick, and secure.

3. Mine are all magnetic so far, and I'm super happy with them. The magnets are strong enough for me to never worry about them falling off, and the heads are easy to open when I need to, or even when I just feel like fidgeting. (Yes, sometimes when I'm fidgety, I snap the back of my boy's skull on and off. Poor dear puts up with so much...)

=^__^=
      Anneko

4. My DollMore Ipsae Monahan has a head cap that has a heavy resin loop in the top for the S that holds the head on the body..only one problem when the S hook is inserted in the loop it snaps the head cap back out of alignement. So you either have a head cap that sits wonkie and interfers with the bending of the head back, or one that has nothing to hold it on the head, but the silicone wig cap. All the other dolls have magnets and the caps stay on just fine.

- ShadowHawke -

5. I have some with magnets and some that are made to be held up with the S-hook itself. On the non-magnet ones, rather than keeping the headcap on with the S-hook, I rubber band it to the S-hook, and then keep it from rattling around with masking tape. It makes it easier to get into fix eye positions and so forth. Magnets are the easiest, but it's not really that big a deal to me either way.

6. My boys headcap is held on soley with magnets - as have the majority of my dolls. I've had no issues with this type of headcap so far and I prefer it. I've had the old turn style headcap but never the s-hook type. I didn't come into the hobby as an owner until Mid 2009 though.

7. The vast majority of my dolls have magnetic headcaps and that is what I prefer. The exceptions are Kisten and Kitsune. Kitsune is an AF Sheya and he has resin pegs holding his headcap on. I just don't feel very secure about this though to be honest his headcap has only fallen off once and that was the time he did a face plant. Kisten as a CP Delf Lu-wen and he has the twisting head cap. I absolutely despise this style of headcap. I know it is supposed to be easier with this and the neck piece but I find it harder (well maybe not the neck piece but the headcap for sure) so I don't take his head cap off unless I have to. Because of this and the fact that he is my only cp head I don't ever switch heads on him. No one else matches his body. I don't ever take his eyes out anyway. I am not the type to change doll eyes unless I actually need to for some reason. Some of my other dolls will swap heads from time to time but I have taken Kisten's headcap off all of maybe three times.

8. My Bluefairy has the S-hook deal going on. It's not terribly difficult since he's very loosely strung xP

As for my Delf Miyu, she also has the S-hook headcap and it's SO ANNOYING AND HARD to get off o.o

And then there's my DD's headcap! It's kinda like putting a difficult lid on a tupperware container that wont completely seal. Putting it on isn't so bad, but taking it off is a complete nightmare o.o It basically has to be pried off.

When will I get a doll with an easy to use headcap D:

9. My AE dolls use S-hook head , which is too difficult to get in on or off for me , so I woud rather use the silicone head cap to cap it s it won't fall anyway :)
      One of my AE head is something like a bottle cap , put it on then twist it to right position for locking , the head cap is so so so easy to fall , can't really be locked at all :( , and the head is made very thick to run this system , which means it is very very heavy, it also need a silicone cap anyway
      Magnets are far better , indeed

10. My Shinydoll Akali has an extra piece of elastic in an 8 shape attached to the inside of her head, which you then catch with a resin 'hook' which is part of the inside of her headcap- it is quite ingenious, and holds her headcap on with tension...it is very strong, and has never popped off...she is 4 years old now. It is very easy to use also :)

11. My AOD Rao has a pair of magnets in her head, and my ANCIENT dollzone Wing head has a single magnet but also an S hook hoop :o

12. Both my RS Bei and Bao, and my DollFactory Bobo have this. I've had no problem with the wigs coming off on the RS's.

13. Some have magnets. Some have no magnets, but instead have a groove in the head where a ledge in the headcap is supposed to rest, but these aren't so great at staying put. I think all of my Volks girls have the option of looping a rubber band through a ring or on a hook and then through the S-hook. My Liebchen has a piece of...oh the word escapes me. But it is very soft adhesive fabric and it covers most of the top of her head and it keeps her headcap in place.

14. I have a Migidoll Ryu. His headcap has a magnet in the front and a big resin tab thing in the back that hooks into the back of his skull. It's nice, his headcap usually doesn't come off even when he falls over.

15. My three are all from Resinsoul so they all have the magnet on headcaps with a tab at the front and a magnet on the back. they're really solid. I've had my oldest doll for over 12 months and his headcap has never come off.

16. The Horde is vast, so I have examples of many headcap styles. I have magnetic, a few different styles of twist on, those were the body elasic hooks up to the headcap, those where the headcap is rubberbanded to the S hook instead of directly attached. They all have pros and cons. Magnetic is easiest (if the magnets are strong). Still, I think the indirect elastic is my overall favorite (cap rubberbanded to the main S hook) as it's totally secure while still easy to manipulate.

17. mine has magnets in their headcaps at the back part..and a little tack on the front..just to be sure it won't come off.

18. My DoC Bee-a, Impldoll Jasper, Leeke Romeo, and B&G Grenville all have magnetic headcaps and I prefer them, hands down. I haven't yet had any issue with magnets coming loose.

My Obitsu Joshua's headcap has a lip that holds it on to the front part, and it's not bad. My Obitsu 55cm boy's headcap is held on by eye putty XD

The two that I absolutely loathe: My AngelRegion Cien's got the old style where the S-hook hooks directly into an eye hook in his headcap. And my CP Chiwoo's got the twist-y headcap, which I can't ever get to twist on properly, unless I take off the neck piece.

19. Two of them are magnets.
      Three of them are CP type 2 heads, so they twist into place. But out of these two, one only holds on upside down, and another has been glued on. It's the only way it'll stay on!

20. The two I have home are both magnets. I think the two I have coming will also be that way. My DoC has this funny looking thing inside his headcap that looks like you could put the S-hook through it if you wanted, but the circle that should be a hole is filled so if I ever wanted/had to use it, I'd have to drill or something. As far as falling off, the only time their headcaps have come off is if they take a fall, and even then it's unusual. I like the convenience of magnets, and it's kinda funny to take their wigs off and stick light metal objects on their heads :mwahaha