1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How does your doll's headcap attach?

May 23, 2011

1. The tab broke on my RS doll so I hotglue his on to make sure it doesn't come off easily. It pulls off with a little force though.

2. I've had dolls with magnets and S hooks. I have mixed feeling on both. I've killed my fingers before with S hooks and they are quite a pain. But, then sometimes the magnets are as well. S hooks are evil though...just saying. >.<

3. Oh god... I have two Dollmore Eves (Hwi Ki and Lillis Liv whom I love to death), and they have the same head cap, but it seems to sit on fine enough... except for the fact that I can't get it off or on without removing their legs first! It's such a hassle, especially since I know the joy of having some other dolls with simple magnetic caps! Oh well, at least it stays on super good.

As opposed to my Iplehouse I, which someone else has already said, her tiny little magnets may as well not even be there, her cap falls off so much.

4. My DollZone yume uses magnets in the front and back to attach.
      They are pretty strong magnets and any dolls i order that don't use them will be modded to ^^
      i can't imagine having an S hook cap x.x

5. All of my boys except for my MNFs have magnetic headcaps. I'm glad that they're not the S-hook type, because I heard they were horrible to get on and off (though it is possible to hook my dollmore's headcap on if you want as well as the magnets), but almost all of the magnets have come out from the top half, so they don't stay on all that well. The Minifee headcaps kind of... Clip on (not sure how to describe it), and I definitely like their design the best. The stay on. Haha.

6. My little ones is attached with magets and my MSD has magnets and a rubberband that ties her the top of her head to this hook in her.

7. Mine pops in. :) Minifee Shushu. ^^ Its quite handy really.
      I like it because it stays on unless you work with it for a second. :B

8. Since ours are all Dollfie Dreams, the headcaps are a friggin' nightmare. Have to take the heads off to do it, since it requires so much force that it'll break the neck if you don't. The new ones have soft silicone headcaps that should be much easier to use, if only we could retrofit them to our older dolls.

9. Mine is a S hook. I heard about the magnet one and that you can mod it to magnet but i'm kind of broke at the moment ^^ :lol

10. My BlueFairy Louis' is attached via S-hook...I haven't been able to remove his head without unstringing him entirely =A=
      I have yet to remove just the headcap also, so I just keep it off and hold it in place with a rubber band instead... :T Magnets please!

11. Magnets, S hooks, pops in and turns...I think that covers all 56 BJDs.

12. I just have the one Minifee. The head cap goes on like a battery cover for a remote or something.. like, you have to put one side in first because there's a bit that slips under the edge, and then the rest sort of snaps in.
      My girl has 2 heads and they both work this way, but one is sort of loose, so I had to attach a rubber band to her neck thing and a hook to the head cap. It's nice there is an attachment point. I guess they predicted this, lol.

13. My msds headcap is so anoying because the magnets don't hold and I have to use a rubberband to hold it on her head. My yosds head on the other hand stays in place with magnets.

14. I have a bunch. My mnf head is a snap in place type of...thing, My doc's head has the S hook type, my obitsu has a headcap I have to warm up then pull in then out, and I have an extra head that's magnetic. I wish they were all magnetic though, it's so much easier.

15. My Goodreau Critter's is magnetic and easy but not too easy to get off.

16. I'm about to get my first BJD, and she has an S-hook. I'm not all that worried about it- sure, I've heard they're nightmares and they can be a -literal- pain, but we'll see how it goes. ^_^;

17. Some of mine are with magnets which I prefer (ndoll, b&g), my volks are all that s-hook & rubber band style which makes it kind of a pain to change eyes ect.

18. I have a couple of different types.

-My Angel Region Ren has the old pain-in-the-ass S hook attaching to the headcap system. It was hell getting it off, and I just ended up keeping it on with masking tape.
      -My Bobobie Sprite, Angel of Dream Min, Dollzone Leo Impldoll Vivian and Miguel, have basic magnetic headcaps. One of my dolls magnets came out and the headcaps occasionally fall off, but I really like this method.
      -My Nanuri 07 hybrid has a twist on kind of head cap. It seems kind of odd to me, but it works really well, and the previous owner had a pit of putty that keeps it extra secure
      -My Chicline El has a faceplate system. I like this system more than a regular headcap, but It takes a bit of effort to get off, and I worry about messing up my boys face.

My absolute favorite headcap system is the one they used in my Dbdoll Yelang - its a type of magnetic system where the ears keep the headcap on *not too sure the best way to describe* The dolls ears can come out and have magnets imbedded in them. The doll has holes at the side of his head where the ears go, the headcap has holes that align with them with magnets in it.
      My dolls headcap has never fallen off, and the only drawback is I'm worried about messing up the ears blushing - but they are removed really easily, so no worries about chipping and I just clean his ears after I mess with them :D

19. Most of mine are held on using magnets. There are a few exceptions though. My Soom chalco uses both a resin tab like thing a magnet, and my DoC T.Zen is held on with the s-hook. My husband's Super Gem Lupin doesn't have a headcap at all, but a faceplate that slides into place and is held there with magnets.

20. Majority of my dolls have the old S-hook attached to the head cap mechanism, since it was the norm when I started in the hobby. It is a pain to take them off for sure, especially if a doll is tightly strung. My CH Choa, for example, came to me so tightly strung that I couldn't take off the head cap for months (she was my first BJD and I was terrified of restringing her). Now, after many years in the hobby, I am much more comfortable handling my dolls and have found ways to work with the old head cap system.

My two newer dolls - Volks SD Megu and Fairyland LTF Luna have much easier head cap systems. The former has magnets holding the cap in place with an option to use a rubber band as well. The latter uses a face plate system, which is even easier to manipulate.

I prefer the newer style, but the advantage of the old system is that the head caps stay on solidly and there's no way to accidentally take it off.