1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How does your partner feel about your bjds?

Nov 2, 2016

1. My girlfriend is really supportive of me and my dolls. She's fine if I bring them along on outings to take pictures, and she knows most of their names. She keeps telling me I should learn to craft stuff for them.

2. My boyfriend is super supportive of my hobby. He likes hearing about the characters I come up with for my dolls. He's not super knowledgeable on the prices of clothes/accessories, but he does know that the dolls themselves are pretty expensive so he sometimes is a little exasperated when I get a new one. But since our finances aren't linked too much and I can comfortably afford the hobby, he doesn't mind too much. I'm pretty sure he'd stop me if I get too much into it though lol.

3. My boyfriend is supportive but he finds them really creepy and can’t see why I think they’re cute! He’s convinced that they’re roaming around at 3 in the morning while we sleep He also ceases to be impressed by my sewing or faceups, but will congratulate me and give me his opinion if I ask for it. He’s very ‘present’ and listens, but doesn’t really understand.

That being said he never tries to deter me and we have very similar ideas of how much we’re willing to pay for a doll... of course the more I look at dolls the more that budget slowly grows

4. my boyfriend is indifferent(?)... out of nowhere he'll start implying he wants to get one based on a character and will look at some on google images and the Luts website (i think that's the only company he know...). But if i get all excited about a really nice sculpt/company that i find he'll act like it's the most boring thing in the world.

5. My husband, despite saying he finds dolls themselves a little bit creepy. he seems supportive of me being within the hobby. I always try to run a doll by him first before committing, because he does seem to like some dolls, So I'm happy so long as he is happy with them. He actually seems to quite like the ones from Iplehouse and Soom, both which I've been wanting to get dolls from, so I hope I can get one someday that we both like~!

6. My boyfriend is very supportive! He's not into dolls or art or any of those things himself but he likes how passionate I am about them and doesnt mind the price tag either.

I do wish he was more interested in them because I feel embarrassed rambling on about something he has no interest in but at least he's not against it so I wont complain too much.

7. I feel so lucky that my partner is very supportive of all of my hobbies! He is especially good with the dolls! He is always asking if I am making new clothes and showing me ideas for clothes I could make online :blush when he goes out to the shops he always looks for tiny things for my dolls to have:lol: I am truly blessed to have him :hug:

8. my partner is very supportive of me in the hobby, even though sometimes we don’t necessarily agree on how many dolls are too many dolls, he is still very patient and will let me go on at length talking about them! he is also very fond of my yosd, and likes to joke around and call that one his son! we also sometimes dress dolls together, and he helps me pick out outfits, wigs, and accessories! the only part he doesn’t like dealing with are doll eyes. those kind of creep him out which i think is fair!

9. My partner started it. Now I think I like them more than they do.

They got a doll and I thought it was weird at first because naked and faceless. But I warmed up to the idea and now I am part of this hobby.

10. My boyfriend is really supportive. He doesn't really get spending hundreds of dollars on a doll, but he's curious about them and likes that they make me happy. He encourages me to craft things for them and even wants to help me learn 3D modeling so someday I can start making my own dolls with a 3D printer (since computers are his "thing"). If he was able to, he'd buy dolls for me too, lol.

11. Mine is supportive and greatly amused by the fact that I have random boxes of body parts and eyeballs scattered around. He calls me Victoria Frankenstein and thinks doll people in general are an interesting mix of cute and spooky lol :)

12. My husband is extremely supportive of my hobby. He even paid for half of my doll expenses which were a birthday gift to myself. I've never had anyone support my hobbies as much as he does, so I shelled one of his (and my) favorite League of Legends characters into a doll. I used to have my dolls sitting on the coffee table in our living room but recently moved them next to my desk since I don't want to take advantage of his kindness and have my dolls take over the house.

13. My fiancé is very supportive of my hobbies and passions, even the ones he doesn't quite get. He thinks dolls are beautiful, we have a lot of fun looking at cute doll boys and coming up with projects and characters together, and he's excited for me to get my first doll. He's even shown interest in making some of his own characters into dolls or helping me buy the dolls I want. I don't think he'd get one by himself, though. I don't know if its out of embarrassment (it is a big social hurdle to leap, collecting dolls as a man in his 20's) or just too daunting a hobby, a little too much money for something he just sees as neat. Regardless, I'm really happy he's excited about me getting my first doll, and I think it'll be sweet for us to take care of our growing collection of boys together<3

14. My domestic partnership is predicated on a fair amount of complete indifference. So he's pretty oblivious to my collections in general, though he enjoys occasionally shopping for scale accessories (that he never actually buys) to compliment the displayed dolls.

He has his own collections, which I don't really participate in, so the disinterest is very much a mutual understanding.

15. My husband is very supportive. He is the first person in my life to truly support me in this hobby. He let's me get what dolls I want and even buys dolls for me. He even carries them for me and puts there wigs on. And he doesn't mind me crafting for them.

16. My boyfriend is super supportive! I purchased a doll on a whim but it was with his encouragement that I really joined the hobby and let myself start to collect. He likes BJD's too but hasn't found one he likes quite enough to justify the expense, especially since can live vicariously through mine. He's been learning how to do faceups and helps me come up with ideas for my dolls since I'm not shelling any characters. :D

17. My girlfriend loves dolls too, which is great, because I go through phases where I never shut up about doll projects and she gets about as hype as I do. She's living vicariously through me for now.

18. My husband support me, but he don’t wanna I spend too much money at once. Plus he don’t understand why I wanna “so many” dolls :roll:

19. My husband doesn’t mind my collection, just as I don’t mind his hobbies. I just limit making large purchases to special occasions.

20. My partner actually wants to get a couple of his own! I gave him one of my floating heads and some stuff for it. Probably going to end up trying to find a nice used Lutz body for it. (It's one of the winter event heads... can't recall the year off the top of my head.) I want to get him a different one to make into Handsome Jack from borderlands. He really likes that series!