1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How does your partner feel about your bjds?

Nov 2, 2016

1. I got my first doll around the time I started talking to my now-fiance. He thought it was cool back then, and he just recently got his own doll!

2. It can be summarised as "he likes how happy they make me", but he really has no personal interest in them directly.
      He doesn't seem super interested when I show him pictures or in my actual dolls (although he enjoys the fashion aspect of it and is more than happy to help me pick out an outfit), but he was really really sad when I mentionned selling them before. I think he's a little more sentimental than me about this sort of stuff. He still has his very first stuffed toy.

3. We respect choice of each other. He probably doesn't think, that is a serious hobby for a young lady, but he likes, that all that holly dolly world makes me happy;) Sometimes he even ask me about my dolls and always look with interest at what I'm creating for them.

4. My husband has been incredibly supportive. He'll tell me when something looks nice or give advice when I'm questioning. I don't think I would have started or continued collecting if he weren't.

5. My wife and I collect together! We decide on each doll with lists and long conversation. We pick our dolls to shell characters from our stories. She loves to sew and I love crafting so we make a pretty solid doll pair. :)

6. My partner loves hanging out with me when I am doing anything doll related. He helps me with poses and taking pictures all the time. He bought me three out of my four dolls.

7. i posted previously in this thread about being nervous about sharing my hobby with my gf (doesnt really fit the average perception of me, i suppose, and isnt considered a very masculine thing either lol) but i thought id change my answer with an update!
      i showed her my dolls a few months ago and she thought they were neat, probably not her thing but she asked lots of questions and seemed excited to see me happy about them. she occasionally gives me a little trinket or something in their size now and is even making a MSD sized quilt in the theme colours of my newest doll, so, needless to say she is quite supportive :') shes trying to get me to go to a doll meet at a convention here sometime soon, and even offered to change her plans a bit to go with me since im probably too shy to go on my own; it's really very sweet of her and im so relieved. yay for happy endings!

8. That's amazing, congrats! A significant other showing interest in your hobbies is the best feeling!

9. My boyfriend support it,though he think I spend too much money on my dolls.

10. Hi,

I entered the doll community collecting antique and vintage dolls so entering the BJD community is not something new for my husband

11. i have other dolls monster high dolls, phicen dolls, and he just rolls his eyes at them, and if he knew how much my first ever bjd that's coming he will probably shake his head and cross his arms and yet he has a whole room of hot wheels and i am a sweet person i even help in his hobby but whatever , my doll is coming and i am super happy about it

12. My lovely boyfriend is extremely encouraging. We are both “toy” collectors in a sense (I collect BJDs, he collects these Japanese humanoid robots called Gundam). Our hobbies kind of go hand in hand. We are both wary that our hobbies are expensive, but we are both very smart with our financing and always spend money on what’s needed first, and buy fun stuff later when we’ve saved enough.
      He loves my dolls and is happy to design and 3D print props for them. He even gives them pretend kisses when he holds my dolls when I’m showing him something about them.
      I’m really grateful for such an amazing partner who gets me and the hobby!

13. He's pretty much not interested in the least bit but gladly hands over the credit card for the hobby :celebrate

14. I met my partner through a bjd forum, so they are very supporting. It's lovely to have someone who understands the aspects of this hobby and knows how things work.

15. My partner was already kind of interested in BJD themselves before I got one and have since ordered their own! They listen patiently when I talk about my dolls and have recently teased me about how much I love my new wishlist doll but also say that I should get him because of how much I clearly love him! I try not to blab too much about them all in one go though because I could go on a long long time :lol:

16. My husband say's "Whatever makes me happy". Love him to bits!!

17. I'm not sure whether to call my partner supportive or not. He's not interested in them at all nor in their pictures, props or anything related to them. Yet he did semi-gift me a few dolls for past birthdays by chipping in. He knows they make me happy and he supports that. He's a kind soul that doesn't want to be recognized for being kind I suppose.

I sometimes wish he would love ball-jointed dolls too and perhaps own one or two but it's alright the way it is. He knows how much they cost and jokes about it from time to time but he doesn't mind me spending my own money as I see fit as long as I chip in half for the mutual costs. He has a daughter that likes cute things and often glances at my dolls so I did have to deter him from buying her a recast for her birthday earlier. I told him to get her either the 'real' deal or to get her something else.

He tolerates the dolllies out in the open in the living room but he does prefer if I dress them up in case visitors take offense in their nudity. Because naked resin is naked but cleavage that shows everything on visitors is fine. I'm not complaining though. I'm just glad to have someone that cares about what makes me happy instead of selfishly blocking everything that is not his first choice.

18. My partner is incredibly supportive and he is even talking about getting a couple dolls himself. He actually got too excited at first and we got a little overwhelmed with ideas... But it's so cool to have him be personally interested in one of my hobbies.

19. My husband would probably never get a doll himself but he admires mine and even has his favorite. He’s really supportive and gets mad if people make fun of my dolls.

20. That's really cool! :D I think it's great when partners support each other!