1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How does your partner feel about your bjds?

Nov 2, 2016

1. I'm nervous about having them around my boyfriend, he knows I'm struggling financially, so when ever I finally get one, I'll probably get some cautious looks :/

2. I've been single for all the time I've been in the hobby, but all the friends and love interests I've met have been supportive and have seen it as a cool craft/art hobby (though some of them can be a bit creepyed by the dolls xD)

3. My fiancee has never been anything but supportive of my collecting, though I suppose she's had time to get used to it since I've been doing it for a very long time, even before I got into bjds. She's always a good sport about giving me opinions on sculpts and outfits and such, and I think she's even entertained the idea of getting her own. I feel grateful -- I know how tiring it can be around people who are less accepting.

4. My fiance is very tolerant and supportive, and he's the one who encouraged me to take the leap and spend the insane amount of money I did to get my first BJD. :love

That said, he is a little creeped out by how realistic my doll is, but I mean, not gonna lie, I'm even a little creeped out sometimes. :lol: But I absolutely adore my creepy little dude!

5. He doesnt really like them but he likes that they make me happy!

6. He's indifferent? He never brings the dolls up really, but will talk about them with me when I do. I mentioned creating some dioramas eventually, but the office would only hold two or three, and he was like "well set one up in the dining room then."

7. My boyfriend is plenty supportive! There have been times where he was a bit hesitant due to the amount of money involved in BJDs, but recently our live has changed enough that it's not as big of a deal. He's only asked that I 'finish' most of my dolls before I look into buying more. (Currently I have two girls waiting on a faceup and maybe a floating head that'll get a body soon).

8. Well... he’s not a massive fan but he supports me xD like he’ll tell me not to spend too much etc... but he’s just ordered me a head for my birthday~

9. I don't have a partner, but if I do get one in the future, I'll have to make sure that he is definitely supportive of the hobby! I have quite a few doll friends whose partners are also in the hobby, and it's soooo cute seeing them out together with their dollies!!! :D

10. My husband isn't really a fan of my dolls, he is even scared of them lol, and he usually comments that I spend too much on dolls (but that's coz he's worried am wasting away my money). Yet still I can say that he's supportive, for example, he supported me when I wanted to buy a new doll last year, and when I make doll orders I ship them to his address (we live in different countries) and that's to avoid customs where I live, and I ask him to open the boxes and check the dolls for me when they arrive to make sure nothing is damaged or missing, he lovingly does so and sends me loads of box opening photos and videos to assure me.

11. My man really hasn't mentioned about it much. He has asked about my dolls a couple of times, asked me to show the faceup processes when I do them and helped me design characters. I also show him dolls I'd want and like it when he looks at doll company sites with me, because it totally surprises and kind of amuses him how much people might pay for these, how big a customer group they actually have and how different dolls you can get (he thought IOS Tauros was super cool) and also how anatomically correct they are (and what kind of photoshoots/stories people actually do with these). I don't keep them at a display because I don't want them to turn yellow, so it doesn't really bother him that we have them in the house. We have a human-size skeleton sitting in living room corner because he wanted to order one, and he has dressed it in a wig and headphones and sat it up behind the piano, so I don't think he would be allowed to complain about my hobbies either way.

12. I actually got them into BJDs. I gifted them a custom head and now they just need to buy a body! They’re totally enamoured and are starting to like them just as much as I do lol.

13. My partner is incredibly supportive of all my hobbies. Even though he may not be personally interested in them, he is interested in what makes me happy. :) For example, he will ask me what I'm working on, listen to me ramble on about dolls and my friends, and is willing to give me advice if I'm debating what doll I want to buy. He's offered to purchase me dolls once he has some extra spending money, but I don't need or want him to do that. I'm happy that he's supportive enough to express interest in what I enjoy!

14. My husband thinks they are a waste of money.
      I don’t tell him anymore when I buy a doll. I keep it a secret to avoid a lecture

15. When I met my boyfriend, I used to collect pullip, at that time I could not pay a bjd, so at the conventions I went with my pullip, when I finally found a job, I was able to get a bjd, my boyfriend always supports and received as a gift some bjd , he listens to me and helps me choose the accessories for them.

16. i think im really lucky because my partner also collect bjds though they're more for volks vinyls while im a resin kinda girl. theyre extremely supportive and every doll i own has been because of them i really wouldnt have been able to get far in this hobby i love without them and they always help

17. My boyfriend kinda gets creeped out by them, but he really likes how they make me happy. He also likes seeing the little things I make for them. My parents are amazing and let him move in while he is doing school, but his financial aid is messed up so he can't do it anymore. He is getting a job soon, and he wants to get me a doll! I told him he shouldn't because its alot of money, but he loves how happy they make me so I've been unable to convince him otherwise. I'm really lucky to have him, especially since I know some people are very intolerant of dolls (especially expensive ones). I do talk his ear off about them sometimes, which he listens to but obviously gets bored after a while lol!

18. My partner supports my hobby but doesn't like the financial repercussions and thinks they are creepy.

19. mine tolerates it haha, he thinks they are kind of strange but appreciates that i love them and thats all id ever ask for! <3

20. My husband doesn't really understand why I like dolls so much, but he is supportive of the fact that I enjoy having them. He even bought me a doll for my birthday :3 I think the only thing that bothers him is that because of dolls, I buy a lot of stuff online, so we always have packages coming in and the post office people have commented that we have a lot of mail xD