1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How does your partner feel about your bjds?

Nov 2, 2016

1. My partner doesn’t mind them but also doesn’t like the sculpts I pick. According to them I like ugly dolls lol. Maybe they will change their mind once I finish working on some of my bjds.

2. My husband is fairly supportive. He kept offering to watch out son when I was running short on time during the triathlon!
      But he's a stickler over the price. Thankfully I prefer Yosd's, and he doesn't know the rates on the 2nd hand market. He wanted me to stick to 2, but I've got a body on the way and I'm hoping to get just one more since I found my grail on the market place.

3. My boyfriend was VERY against it at first, he's terrified of dolls but, like, I needed BJD's so he needed to learn to love them :lol:

I don't think he's noticed but he's slowly coming around to them, he'll give me little hints on how to improve dresses and he'll ask me about how I'm making the wigs, he'll even pose them a little and ask stuff about them so I'm grateful he's showing some interest, even if he hasn't noticed it's what he's doing ;)

4. My husband is fairly supportive, though he's not thrilled with the price tags. However, when we first started looking at BJDs someone bragged to us that they spent $5.5K on a (frankly basic and not very impressive or full set) doll, so when I started looking I was thinking that price was going to be typical... and was pleasantly surprised to find that all of the models I was interested in were in the hundreds, not thousands, of dollars range. :) He is also familiar with the characters I'm trying to shell out, so he'll give me honest opinions on whether or not the models I'm considering are good fits or not.

5. My husband does not care one way or the other. He respects them but he would never get one of his own. He doesnt enjoy them but he lets me anjoy them.

The most fun he has is he likes to photo bomb my shoots;

[​IMG]

6. It's actually my girlfriend who got me into it! So I can blame her for all my money vanishing ;):XD: We can talk about and work on them together which is so nice <3 She also does the faceup on a few of them too :D I honestly love sharing the hobby with her!

7. My girlfriend is really supportive of my doll hobby and encourages me to do whatever makes me happy. I love her for that <3

8. My partner doesn't "get" it, but he's always lovely about things I'm excited about. He says I make things like this interesting with sheer enthusiasm.

9. I got my girlfriend into BJDs. We love working on them together.

10. my bf is supportive of my hobbies, but he always side eyes when i want to buy another doll because of how expensive it is, but honestly he's generally a bit of a penny pincher when it comes to money (He's the kind to say we have food at home if I suggest we get mcdonalds), but he doesn't stop me buying dolls, I started with repainting monster high dolls so he's gotten used to the sight of naked dolls littering the apartment and overall doesn't complain or mind that aspect of it. He's supportive and just wants me to be happy, ^-^

11. My fiancée is in the hobby, so we share pretty much all doll-related activities to the point of buying dolls together. It's nice to have someone to share the hobby with and also to tell me a resounding "no" if I'm about to make a completely asinine impulse purchase lol.

12. My partner has never been a doll person, so she doesn't care about them one way or the other. She's totally supportive of my interest but always stops me in my tracks when I start talking about dolls to her. Nicely, but still.

She does on occasion admire the stuff I make for Chaeri, but that's as far as she goes to showing any interest.

13. My partner is very superstitious, to the point where he doesn’t like to have stuffed animals facing him because he feels like they’re watching him, so I thought for sure that he would be against my dolls as well. Turns out he’s actually not that afraid of them, I guess because the dolls I have don’t trigger his uncanny valley sense?

Either way I’m pleasantly surprised and he even thinks it’s cute when I start gushing about my “children”. Bless him LOL

14. My partner said that he will support me as long as the amount I spend each year is controlled within a certain number. I shared my experience with him every time I bought/sold one. He said that I was the first girl he knew to have this hobby.

15. My boyfriend actually really supportive, I even got him his own, closer to his tastes to get him to not lecture me for my lack of self control. He keeps me grounded. He listens to my stories, my wishlists, helps when I'm having a creative block. Just not a fan of my layaways with no actual doll coming in. Guess he rather see me actually physically having them instead of just paying for it with nothing to show for it.

16. I was the one that enabled my partner back when we were just best friends, so it works out that we're still both in the hobby! :) Its a lot of fun to go to meetups together!

My collection is still growing, but they seem to have decided that they're done collecting. :lol:

Ryu

17. My husband is really supportive of my hobby :)
      He will listen when I talk to him about them or share my ideas for them, If I'm having a hard time with something I'm making for them he will offer his help and input.
      Hes trying to learn more about them as he wants to buy me doll related things as gifts for xmas / birthdays <3
      He just brought me a MSD sized doll I had my eye on.
      We've always collected things together so it's nice to be able to talk to him about my hobby even if it isn't a shared interest x

18. I suppose in this instance I *AM* the partner, as my other half got into BJD's first and was umming and arring as to whether to buy one of them and I said she should go for it... I wasn't expecting to get hooked too!

19. He thinks they’re creepy. But now that we’re getting more money coming in he’s okay with me collecting again so it’s fine. I wouldn’t want to be married to someone just like me :lol:

20. My S/O bought me my first doll :3 which I will never part with because it was/is such a special gift to me.