1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How does your partner feel about your bjds?

Nov 2, 2016

1. My girlfriend is just like my tan MiniFee Chloe...
      ...I don't have a tan MiniFee Chloe :eek:

2. My boyfriend is pretty creeped out by dolls in general but he is pretty supportive of my hobby because he thinks it's a good artistic hobby for me. Although, he thinks it's too expensive. Though, that probably because I got four in 6 months because retail therapy is real...

3. But someday, you'll get a Tan Miniffe Chloe who can be your girlfriend. :wiggle:whee: Jk, you'll get a Tan MiniFee Chloe AAAANNNNDDDD a girlfriend!

4. If my husband knew how much these dolls cost, he would have a stroke! As it is, he doesn’t know, and he is supportive of my artistic endeavors. Since he loves building models, he can’t say anything negative lol

5. HAHAHAHA. Thank you for the encouragement! And hopefully I'll find one who likes dolls as much as I do. I have 5 now with two more on the way (not including my future tan MiniFee Chloe :lol: ) So they are a part of the package for whoever dates me, lol.

6. My husband is creeped out by them and thinks they are overpriced but he's supportive of my hobby and appreciates that I save for things rather than always impulse buying. Also oddly enough he got really happy when I shared that I was sort of taking over scheduling duties in my local BJD group. Setting up the meets and what not. He says he will go to one of my meets sometime next year.
      We both acknowledge that he'll be bored to tears but its so nice that he is this proud and supportive of me. :love:dance

7. My better half reigns me in a little- which I am glad for! When I want to think about/look into BJD stuff I tend to pull all-nighters looking at images, reading forums, judging and comparing sculpts. So, at least, he can help me put that stuff down and try to come back to it later.

Sometimes it ends up me ranting and rambling about why I want one doll, why I shouldn't get them yet, and what to sew next. My first doll was slightly impulsive but I literally woke him up and asked him about it before I bought it.

Though if he didn't like the doll at least a little, I probably wouldn't buy. After all I want to make sure he's comfortable with her judging stare from the shelf.

8. I can definitely relate to this! I spent hours on this forum, looking at websites, and combing through information before buying my first doll.

My husband is supportive but probably bored with talking about dolls. It evens out because I listen to him talk about all his anime shows :P

9. I don't have a partner- but if I do have one some day, I'd like if they could support my hobby. I don't think I can have a partner who looks all ugly at my dolls all the time :')

10. My boyfriend is actually super supportive and kinda curious about them. I've even caught him taking a few pictures of mine to show his coworkers lol. I don't see him ever owning one but definitely my step daughter when shes a little older.

11. He's really creeped out by it but he's used to me buying stuff like this (I got a couple of nendoroids before my first doll). Sometimes I ask him to touch my doll like ask him to carry her to me and I can see that it makes him so uncomfortable haha. However he is so accepting, he said after Christmas dinner was over that we forgot to serve a dish to my doll aww.

12. I still yet haven’t find my partner! But my family some of them thinks its weird or something but they don’t care so much. Maybe one rude family member but is okay haha. As for my future partner he will need to be understanding and respectful towards my hobby, I’m not gonna force him to be supportive if he doesn’t like it though.

#312 Kananshii, Dec 26, 2019
      Last edited: May 15, 2021
    13. My husband gets creeped out by the uncanny valley of dolls but he's getting more used to them, if not like a few. He's supportive to a certain point but dolls are expensive (esp. since I have a history of going overboard with my hobbies) so he's keeping me in check when it comes to spending on them like I do when it comes to his Dungeons & Dragons purchases XD

14. My partner loves seeing my dolls! They get super excited for me when I talk about them, but I think it's because they make me happy

15. I'm so proud I got my partner into it enough to split an order with me as long as it's aesthetic speaks to him

16. My mother and siblings are very supportive, mostly because they dont know how pricey it is and because they like seeing me happy. They are of the mindset that I could be doing horrible things and yet here I am, staying at home and never worrying any of them so my hobbies are always welcomed. My sister was slightly puzzled when I first showed her my doll, she didn't expect the size, he is bigger than my nephew currently is after all, but other than that :)

17. my first doll was my 17 years old birthday gift from my father and my mom didn't like him at all, she kept grumbling me for several years but now she likes them more and more, sometimes she will take pictures of them and post to her social media. however, my father turns to unsupportive, with my collections grow, he feels I spend too much time on this hobby

18. My boyfriend is very supportive with my hobby, but he thinks that dolls are a bit creepy:doh. I usually send stopmotion animations with dolls to joke him :XD:
      Fortunately, my mum and dad loves them, they give me an SD17 Ryoma for my birthday last year.:D

19. I figure that BJDs will just be a small blip on the long list of things that are keeping me from getting a boyfriend. :|

IMHO, if they don't take up much space and I am good at managing money, it would be insulting if someone dumped me because of my dolls.

20. When I first showed a BJD photo for my boyfriend, he said he didn't know if they were beautiful or creepy. He must have felt the uncanny valley thing, I guess XD
      He is supportive of my hobbies (scrapbook, drawing, crochet, etc) as I am of his. He sometimes ask about my BJD wishlist, but prefers not to know the price I'm paying for them. Ignorance is bliss:3nodding: