1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How does your partner feel about your bjds?

Nov 2, 2016

1. My fiancé loves it. He thinks my Rin is beautiful. He even crochets little blankets for him sometimes. He loves art, so he wants to try to help me do faceups at some point. He is a little wary of the cost, but he knows I’m responsible with money, so he kind of just trusts me not to spend too much

2. My husband doesn’t want me to spend too much money to bjd doll. Yes, other people will think that I’m totally lost my mind but I know what I’m doing and I love my work on them.

#322 GreyNia, Jan 28, 2020
      Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    3. My boyfriend is supportive of my hobby and does participate with me on my outings with my dolls.

4. My husband's super supportive! Though he gets worried about how much I spend on dolls, but he doesn't treat me like I'm weird and even asks me about how my dolls are doing and what I'm planning next for them.

5. My spouse is quite fond of them and has their heart set on DC Victor as their first bjd. It's nice being able to share the hobby and get excited about new dolls together.

6. My girlfriend do not hate my dolls, and not especially like them or not lol
      She let me buy new dolls and never blame me about my hobby :3
      Somehow I bring my doll along while hanging out with her, she will help for taking photos and posing the dolls XD

7. My partner has really made an effort to learn about them and actually recently gifted me a doll at the top of my list (DZ Carter)! He has been really supportive of my interest in this hobby which I really appreciate

8. My husband collects pinball machines, which are larger and more expensive than my dolls :sweat
      We're both extremely supportive of each others hobbies; he has his arcade and I have my doll room.
      If asked, he can rattle off many BJD sculpts and companies by name, oh and I'm sure he would want you all know that he strung a fantasy SOOM Amber using only my directions over the phone and without a string puller tool (he is very proud of this but has since vowed never to do it again).

He owns one BJD which I had commissioned for him by the super talented @Kitkaze who mod'ed an Island doll Duckling.
      Yoshi was a nice blend of both our hobbies since my favourite pinball machine is Super Mario themed.

[​IMG]

9. My spouse isn't really all that interested in them but he knows that make me happy. He's got a favourite though, my first DC Barbara.

10. Hes pretty supportive. Hes not really interested in them but he gives opinions and suggestions sometimes. And i display them around the house and hes never minded. He has video games and other types of toy/figures he collects. Though there are a few dolls that i really want someday that ive shown him, that he really doesnt like that im not sure what to do about. Like ive always wanted a Kinokojuice doll...but he says they are scary.

11. I was already into dolls before i married him but my husband has a dollfie dream i got him for his weddign present. he wants another doll as well so he is very supportive even lends a listening ear to my dolly drama i complain about and my character ideas. I have honestly been blessed to have friends and family who are supportive of my dolls. XD

12. My boyfriend is super supportive:love! He always listens intently and gives great input when I talk about dolls with him.
      He occasionally asks impromtu what I have planned next for my dolls and asks/suggests I take my doll or dolls with me when we are visiting his parents incase I want to photograph them. He also points out/asks if a place would be good for doll pics when we are out and about.

He just does not like the prices of dolls and their stuff, but thats mainly because we are poor at the moment.

13. My husband scared of my dolls but he is still very supportive of my doll hobby. He even bought me a bjd wig as an anniversary gift and said that my dresses I made for my dolls are very cute :whee:

14. My boyfriend isn't supportive at all. He dislikes BJDs aesthetic, he does not share my personal tastes when it comes to dolls faces.
      At best he admires what I do on them. But most of the time he only says 'it's cute' without even looking to what I'm trying to show to him (and what I do is not cute). :lol:

15. I’m very fortunate that my husband is so supportive of my doll hobby.:) But then, we’ve been married for a long time, so he’s always been well aware of my many creative pursuits. I think he likes that I can focus them all into a single hobby now. He realizes that they keep me happy, creative, and relaxed, so whenever life gets too hectic, he tells me to go take some “dolly time” to center and relax myself.:lol: And he enjoys helping out whenever I need a special display prop made…I just tell him what I need, then he disappears into his shop area, and voila! He comes out with the perfect thing!

I also love to decorate with my dolls, setting them up in special displays like art installations throughout our home, and he loves the overall creativity of that. He’s even grown attached to the dolls in the displays, and says they feel like “family” to him, which is why I almost never sell one anymore. While I know such a decision is mine, I also know he’ll give me grief if I do, so I’d better have a darned good reason!:sweat The only odd thing about my perfect hobby-supporting husband is that he doesn’t want to know what they cost…and he’s absolutely adamant about that! If I try to tell him, he throws up his hands and says, “No, don’t tell me!” He says as long as I can fit it into our budget, I can do it. So I’ve become quite adept at the art of long layaways to keep life peaceful and on track around here, and have managed to build a wonderful collection in this way.;)

#335 PoeticSoul, May 5, 2022
      Last edited: May 8, 2022
    16. My husband orders me custom outfits for my dolls as Christmas and birthday presents.

17. My partner makes props as a hobby, so he loves seeing pictures of BJDs with modifications, their own props, etc. Hopefully some day we'll have more space for both hobbies, and can make fun things in doll scale :whee:

18. We have very different interests so he doesn’t have an opinion of my bjd or other dolls really.

#338 NineOneThree, May 8, 2022
      Last edited: May 8, 2022
    19. My Hubby is very supportive of the hobby even tho he doesn’t like most my dolls overall when they are blank. He appreciates the art that goes into them, and he loves the happiness it brings me. So he supports it as much as he can. :love

20. My partner seems to like them! His favorite is my Minifee Sarang19, and he sometimes helps with photos when I take my dolls to locations - he’s pretty good at catching dolls when they want to topple over.