1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How does your partner feel about your bjds?

Nov 2, 2016

1. My Fiancé is supportive and part of the reason I am in the hobby. He games and fully supported me starting the hobby so he could get more game time as well.

2. My partner collects Pullip dolls and she seems to be a bit afraid to even touch my resin boys. She's afraid of damaging something so valuable, so she rather leaves them alone. But she obviously loves and supports this hobby since she's a doll collector herself. She finds my BJDs beautiful and she has always loved their characters!

3. My boyfriend also collects dolls so he's very supportive! We're going to Resin Rose together soon, very excited for that. We shell our ocs as bjds oftentimes. I tend to mix both buying dolls to shell ocs and buying dolls that turn into ocs, but he exclusively shells ocs. We have a lot of ocs in shared universes with interpersonal relationships so it's fun being able to explore that with him :)

4. They think my dolls are really cool and support me in my hobby!

5. my boyfriend is in the hobby too so he supports me and we collect together.

6. My partner got into the hobby after I did. We actually went on an online shopping trip Saturday for some doll clothes.

7. I'm pretty sure my partner likes my dolls. She used to be a Mod here and has more dolls than I do. :hug:

8. Me and my boyfriend both collect bjd's so I'm very lucky! We make characters and our own universe and workshop, and he's been helping me a lot since I'm new to the hobby but always had an interest in it!

9. This is a tricky one for me... my wife says she's supportive but at the same time there is some tension there. She doesn't exactly feel comfortable with it herself and she doesn't understand it in the slightest. I thought about getting her a bjd of her own, but it's a bit pricey for something she may not even care for. I asked her what she would do if I did that and she said she doesn't know. "What do you do with it?" Was her answer. I only have one doll right now, but I am working towards a second soon here hopefully.

10. @Gwandak have you tried to figure out her taste? A lot of women here got sucked in through gorgeous boys so it's worth a shot to show her some of those. She might like some dolls, but not the ones you're showing her. If she's not enamored by any of them, it would just be a waste of money to buy her one. Some people just can't get into it and that's fine.

11. I will try and see what she thinks. I figured she would like little anime style ones that are more cutesy. She is big into nendroids herself, but the doll thing has always seemed a bit too much for her. I can see what she thinks though.

12. Unfortunately my husband does not like this hobby so I must keep them for myself . I hide them from him because sometimes yells at me about the money which I spend . But I can show them to my mother , daughter and play together

13. My boyfriend actually has a phobia of dolls, but is also supportive of my hobby. He just requests that I keep them in a location or cabinet where he can't see them, and to warn him if I'm going to take them out for pictures/admire them. I understand though! I have a phobia of caves, so I get it 100% because I can't even play video games with him that involve caves.