1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How does your partner feel about your bjds?

Nov 2, 2016

1. My partner doesn't care, I think he thinks they are like an extension of what I do for work as a Visual Display Manager. I have a full male mannequin, 2 men's dress forms & dozens of dolls... I'm about to add 3 more bjd boys soon... eeks, then its all about getting them renamed, clothed, storylines, etc.

2. My boyfriend mostly thinks my dolls are creepy, although he has been known to compliment particular ones every now and then.

3. My husband buys me dolls, but only ones I've chosen.

4. My boyfriend is very scared of them and always says how they will some day wake up and kill us... I have to hide them when he's around.
      All the jokes make me want to make a yandere character just for him to have a valid reason to be creeped out :p they all shell the most adorable characters

5. Both my partners are happy that I have another hobby to entertain my need for sewing stuff, but one of them is slightly scared of the dolls. Although I think he's warmed up a little to the one I have currently. I haven't mentioned exactly how much they cost, but it doesn't really matter much since I am paying for everything myself and they do the same with their hobbies.

6. well he doesn't really care... but i know he's scared of em especially if i bring em and sleep in his room... he always cover their faces haha

7. I consider myself really lucky because my fiance is very supportive ^w^
      He likes to know about my doll plans and he helps me when I have to choose between stuff as he knows me really well.
      The only doll he is not really fond of is my anthro doll, which he finds a little bit odd, but that is because it doesn't have a face-up nor clothing yet, I am sure he will like it when it is finished.

8. My wife likes my MNF gal well enough, thinks my Enchanted Doll is pretty- she thinks my Popovy girl is ugly and my Marmite Sue dolls "super creepy."

She did once see a bank transfer for a Marmite Sue doll and just about had a heart attack. We had to have a long discussion about the fact that I am a grown up, make lots of $$ and am entitled to waste SOME of it on things that she thinks are frivilous- like dolls.

She has no idea what I spent for my Popovy or Enchanted Doll thank goodness. I think it would kill her. She has also learned not to ask, which is better for both of us.

At least I don't waste my money on Prada, right? If I were a shoe or bag collector- those things have a finite life. At least with dolls, for the most part, they have a value that doesn't decrease TOO much with age.

9. That's very true, Galacticat. My husband thinks so too. He is very supportive, to the point of making clothes for my dolls and chairs. He listens to my dolly talk and plans and is very kind and complimentary when I make wigs or hats. He is a blacksmith and we have discussed making a life size BJD out of steel. The design of bjd's and my efforts to make them have endeared him to artist bjds.

10. My partner's been very supportive, actually, which I'm pleasantly surprised about...? I expected them to be leery of the costs since we're both working low-income jobs and are bouncing around ideas about moving in together, and moving isn't cheap. But they've been really sweet about it, and have helped me through multiple fits of "oh my god I'm never going to have enough money for a BJD, life sucks and I'll never get anything I want", haha. They even told me they had a dream they bought me a doll after coming into some money, which I thought was really cute.

11. I consider myself lucky as well!
      My boyfriend is really into Gundams and plastic modeling, so it was relatively easy for me to start modding/painting dolls, because he had most of the materials already! He owns several figures, so he understands that dolls are like a step up from that xD more expensive, more detailed, harder to find..etc.
      He's also very supportive of things that I do for my doll, and he'll honestly critique my face-ups or clothes that I make!

12. My boyfriend is supportive which is nice, but I'm a lil jealous of people whose partners are actually IN the hobby... I don't think he would ever get a doll lol. He has a couple OCs so it's possible but unlikely T_T

13. Hubby is very supportive, even with my babbling and my crazy dream lists. The expense is definitely a drawback for him. So I purposely stay away from the more expensive companies, and tend to scour the secondhand market whenever possible. He's helped me with photography, and even accompanied me to my first BJD con. He takes interest in my hobbies and I take interest in his. That said, my husband can get irritated too if I drone on too much about my dolls (or mostly what dolls I want). But overall, he's very positive and encouraging about my hobby (and others).

14. Wow you are very lucky! I think the fact that he is an artist himself probably allows him to appreciate dolls as art more than the average person.

15. My girlfriend is not so happy that I own them, because she is scared about my newest boy. And when I say to her that I want more in the future she is pretty mad and tells me that I am turning into a crazy Doll lady :/ ... maybe I can turn her around if I get her a cute YOSD ^___^ ....

16. My boyfriend judges me for spending so much on glorified toys -- but then I point to his amiibo and anime figure collections and he shuts up real fast. :P

He's happy Im happy with my dolls, but at the same time he thinks I spend too much on them and discourages me from buying anymore till we're in a bigger space (which is fair!).

17. My husband actually thinks my dolls are creepy looking lol, but he doesn't try to stop me or anything from purchasing. We both have our hobbies that the fun budget money ends up spent on, we even have a couple of the same hobbies such as gaming.

18. My boyfriend is into BJDs as well! Now that we both have jobs (we're fresh out of college), he bought himself two and has another one on the way, haha. Which means our collection is growing pretty fast.

19. My boyfriend is neutral on the subject, he plays DnD and WoW so he loves character creation and hearing and adding suggestions to the stories and personalities I come up with, as well as commenting and giving tips on the clothes that I create for them, but the actual sculpts and processes involved in modifying them he is somewhat indifferent to. I think he just finds the dolls themselves a bit eerie and he's quite picky about sculpts that he actually finds appealing-- but I appreciate him listening to me babble about them and being enthusiastic about the imaginative parts ^.^

20. My husband is very supportive of my lil dolly family as it were. He's even got me dolls off the mp as presents.