1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How does your partner feel about your bjds?

Nov 2, 2016

1. I'm another one whose partner thinks the dolls are super creepy! It's sad, but since we're in a small apartment, there's nowhere to put them that isn't in his space as well - so they tend to stay very tucked away. I'm waiting for us to get a house, then I can set up a glorious creepy doll room all of my own. Just picture some evil cackling here or something.

2. I dont yet have a doll I'm waiting a little longer before I fully decide on which to go for but my Boyfriend is fully supportive! He doesn't have an active interest in the dolls and I probably talk his damn ear off when I start going on about them but he genuinely listens to me when I do :') I have original characters already in my head from the Dragon Age series as well as a few others and I've spoken to him about all their backstories and he just looks at me dumbfounded and tells me I have an amazing imagination for this stuff. I mainly want my dolls to represent my OC's so that's why I am getting into the hobby :) So he is fully supportive.

3. Single...why, you got somebody?

4. My girlfriend loves them. She would probably have her own if she had more income. She's partial to my Minifee Celine the most.

We did go halfsies on a doll a while back. I pretty much consider that one hers and let her make the decisions about her style and everything. I have plenty of my own otherwise xD

5. My partner has always been a little weirded out by dolls, and porcelain dolls in particular freak him out a little! Regardless of that, he's never been anything but supportive and even spends time looking at new dolls with me! I don't know how he'll react when my Yoko arrives, but I don't think it will be too much of an issue! (As long as I don't sit her next to the bed while we sleep :lol:)

6. My girlfriend is perhaps apprehensive, but once I got my Luts Delf girls in, actually seeing and exploring a doll made her feel less so about them. She still thinks most are strange or creepy, but she seems less bothered when I show her dolls and examples and share my plans for my next ones. She's even been into it enough to help me with crafting clothing! It's not something I was worried about, but having jumped the hurdle of her apparent discomfort was nice. I don't want 'creepy dolls' in our home that upset her haha.

7. My husband just ignored me. That's good cause I don't want him to know how much I spent on my dolls :D

8. My boyfriend is very supportive, the only thing he doesn't like is when I set them in unnatural poses. I have a par of jointed hands and sometimes I'll mess up all the fingers to poke some fun at him.

9. I always try to dumb down the price!
      When he asks my usual line was, well it was 2nd/on sale so it was much MUCH cheaper then it could have been!

10. I did the impossible and got my husband interested enough to purchase his own doll. He used to be scared of dolls but he's always liked my BJDs much better than my off topic Blythe dolls. Those used to really bother him! My husband is very creative and a writer who loves character creation so I always thought he would enjoy having one of his characters in doll form. A couple of months ago he took the plunge and ordered an Iplehouse EID Asa. She's not here yet but when he arrives it will be very interesting to see what he does with her. For most of my time in this hobby he's been supportive but indifferent.

11. I have not purchased my first doll yet, but I've been lurking and researching for years. My husband is very supportive of my other hobbies and he listens when I droll on and on about BJD's.

12. My sweetie is very understanding and supportive about my hobby. He has purchased dolls and clothing for me. The only thing he does not like is when my male dolls are lounging on the bed in their boxers.

13. He don't like the doll lol

14. I honestly think your situation sounds kinda similar to mine!!

He is really supportive of all of my creative ventures and since I started obsessing about dolls, he's been really sweet and understanding. I keep apologizing profusely for my incessant banter about all things BJD... but he is so kind and cute about all of it. He asks me questions when he knows I'm excited... like, today, I bought a new doll that I will actually have in hand in about 2-3 weeks. I told him I bought it and that I was super excited and the first thing he did was ask me what eyes I had for her! He's been listening and showing interest and it means a lot to me!! I know he probably thinks it's silly that I'm spending money on dolls and since my collection is SO small (and we don't live together yet) it really doesn't affect him much!

He definitely offers his opinions, which is great, even though we don't always agree! I've shown him the dolls I'm interested in and some I think are funny or cool and he always comments and offers his two cents! He told me yesterday he preferred the ones that looked more realistic and didn't like the anthro or fantasy ones as much. It's neat to hear what he has to say! He even told me that he loves the cutie legs for the Minifee (which I haven't bought yet - but hope to, one day) and explained how when he sees the legs he starts assigning a personality to them.

I don't know. I'm being sappy about it but he's been really great. I think if I started really going crazy with the hobby, and ordering tons of dolls, he would express his concern, but it hasn't gotten to that point yet!! Things might be different when I live with him and people come over. I don't know if he'd get embarrassed by them or not but I guess time will tell!

15. LOL. Mine complains that I love dolls more than I love him!!!
      I'm like 90% certain he's kidding when he says that, though. :mwahaha

16. My husband likes some and some not. He mostly likes I'm having a hobby I love

17. Probably my BF thinks it's a lot of money for being dolls, but he never told me. Furthermore, he encourages me to buy the ones I like and to have "social life" with them lol. He supports me and even interests himself for buying me dollies (even though I never let them, I think it's my expensive hobbie and I have to get with it lol)

18. He has his own very expensive pastime that I don't share (golf), so he's careful to act as neutral about my dolls as he can, but I know he dislikes my BJD hobby. I think it's the high prices and long wait times that ruin it for him. He doesn't think my dollies are worth it...just like I don't think any golf club is worth $600.

It's not all bad, though. He can see the beauty in BJDs, he's willing to debate the merits of one sculpt vs another for shelling a character, and he cheers me on as I attempt creative things with my collection, like wig making or face ups. And I think golf courses are pretty. :lol:

19. My husband has his own dolls. I pave the way, he follows lol. I bought a bjd, he handled her a bit and decided he wanted one. (I'm the brave one)
      He's now got two on order. A rs Mei and a Luts that I can't remember the name of. Yuz? I dunno, I don't know Luts sculpts. Not my personal taste heh.

In a way i'm glad he's got a different aesthetic to me though, means we can both have bjds and not feel so guilty about the price (we have a stipend monthly which is our "save to buy frivolous things" money, it's budgeted into our monthly finances.) but if he's gonna steer toward "cute girl dolls" while i'm "monsters monsters omg give me all the monsters eeee" then we'll have nice different collections haha. I kinda like feeling like we're doing different things, feels less like he's just copying cool ol' me (i'm a trendsetter hah.)

I'm trying to encourage him to learn to faceup his own dolls though. Because i'm a selfish jerk and don't wanna have to paint them all for free. And I can't reaaaaally charge my own husband for faceups... can I? lol
      He did his last Hujoo and was pretty pleased so yay. I imagine evenings sitting together with a doll each, painting hahaha.
      Who said romance is dead?

He's eying up my new Pullip. I have to hide her from him ahahaha.

But yeah, he has a fair few random dolls. Not nearly as many as me, but he does tend to vicariously live through mine anyway. If he could, he'd claim some of them for himself (like the pullip, and my one female bjd)
      It's nice to be able to share passions. We share a lot of hobbies. We're both roleplayers, we both love toys, we both love cartoons and mostly similar tv shows and movies. He has a few things he likes i'm not so fussed on (anime, hard sci fi, epic fantasy like game of thrones, though that one isn't because it's political fantasy and more because of other themes I just can't... deal with.. ahem.)
      He doesn't share my love of crime dramas.
      But most of the time we're on the same page and rather perhaps too much alike lol.

20. My husband has his own dolls. I pave the way, he follows lol. I bought a bjd, he handled her a bit and decided he wanted one.
      He's now got two on order. A rs Mei and a Luts that I can't remember the name of. Yuz? I dunno, I don't know Luts sculpts. Not my personal taste heh.
      In a way i'm glad he's got a different aesthetic to me though, means we can both have bjds and not feel so guilty about the price (we have a stipend monthly which is our "save to buy frivilous things" money, it's budgeted into our monthly finances.) but if he's gonna steer toward "cute girl dolls" while i'm "monsters monsters omg give me all the monsters eeee" then we'll have nice different collections haha. I kinda like feeling like we're doing different things, feels less like he's just copying cool ol' me (i'm a trendsetter hah.)

I'm trying to encourage him to learn to faceup his own dolls though. Because i'm a selfish jerk and don't wanna have to paint them all for free. And I can't reaaaaally charge my own husband for faceups... can I? lol
      Also I get a huge amount of satisfaction doing my own faceups and he's trying to get all big into the creative aspect with sewing clothes and all that so it's a good skill to learn if you're gonna get into bjds I think. Learn how to do it all. Even if you then commission others, knowing the basics is helpful.
      He did his last Hujoo and was pretty pleased so yay. I imagine eve