1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How has your doll changed your life?

Dec 28, 2005

1. Not really a change, just like an interesting addition to my interests :)

2. lol,

just kidding,, well sort of.

i don't buy as many small dolls which i would buy tons of. the bjd's satisfy much better.

3. I still haven't got my first dollfie (still waiting) but my life simply changed...I don't know...After i saw my first dollfie,i simply fell in love with them...After a month later,i mean now, i decided and ordered my first and very special dollfie :D
      After ordering, the only thing i can think of is him ...I dunno...Is it normal O_o
      Hehe...
      Too bad that i'm the only one who has dollfie interests in my country so there is no way that i can join to doll meet-ups or stuff but i still feel different than a couple of days ago...Hehe...i'm simply excited
      He changed my life before he came in to my life...I can't imagine what will happen after i put my hands on him :D

4. I have the gyuxamyonyang head I fell in love with in the first place and I am now in the process of raising money for her body. This head is the sole reason I got into BJD's and my sister had been trying for a long time. When I saw it that was the one. I feel motivated to find her three other sisters.

5. :sweat

Well.... Mikos really HAS changed my life, although he also lost me my psychiatrist (long story)!!

I fell in love with the CP El model when I saw a really lovely one on e-bay, and I was heartbroken when I couldn't bid on him. I actually phoned up my parents and cried to them about it. Unfortunately at the time I was unemployed, ill from depression and somewhre beyond broke, but I saw that doll and knew I had to have one.

Now, I have a shiny new shrink (who doesn't think dolls are just for girls), I have a job, and I'm still broke but now I don't care! He provides me with company when I need it, and someone to talk to (which my friends love because its not as creepy as me talking to myself the whole time), and he gives me something to draw and write about. Like so many of you, I've met new and fantastic people through him, and that's most likly the best thing of all.

He even encorages me to continue writing the novel I started 4 years ago! I mean, if it gets published I can afford to buy him a suit, some new shoes...... and maybe even a boyfriend....

;)

6. *smiles* Well, I have been writing and drawing more nowadays.

I'm generally happier as well, and I'm not so... interested in guys. Haha.

7. hahah! yeah I get people asking me where I got them from and I always say "Korea", and they're like....whoa....didn't know that country makes anything! insolent bastards arent they?! but now they know alot more...

8. Like everybody said they have become a better person of a happier state.

I've become more responsible with my money and my spending. Moreover, I am beginning to get back at interests and hobbies (that lovingly coincide with BJDs) again like painting and drawing (for face-ups) and web design (for the website eventually...) -- I've quite the latter due to personal reasons already.

Also, I found out who my real friends are IRL or online. No, I haven't met much friends here on the DoA forum but I'm familiar with a few just no new friends yet... Real friends in the sense that they let you fly your dreams than to pull you down. Not all of my friends approve of my BJD hobby and called me a dreamer. Then called it names. I know its very hard on my part but god, I can wait. I can dream. Why kill it right there and then?

I don't understand. But isn't it true that dreams will remain dreams unless you do something about it? I AM DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

So there. I found out who my friends are, I turned into a sort of better person and I am going back to my hobbies. How's that? ^_^

9. I've met a lot of wonderful people who I expect to be friends with for a long time to come. But i think most importantly i re-evaluated buying things. I used to spend money on the stupidest stuff and I had so much clutter...and now I only buy things that I REALLY want. Interestingly, now I can't find anything to buy with my gift cards cause I don't really want anything else for me O_o Luckily, I can use one of those for doll things. Yay! Anyway..I've also gotten better at sewing and I have something to entertain myself with..for awhile there I was just really really bored O_o.

10. I'm not sure I really changed much since getting Thema. I have always liked dolls and since getting Thema I have bought a few other not BJD dolls I've liked....I've always made up stories and I made up one for Thema and some of my other dolls, but really not much change...

But I think Thema has helped me through some rather tough times....I'm curious if I would have gotten through them the same without her...I know that sounds weird, but its true...having Thema there as a 'real' imaginary friend helped with my loneliness when I moved to a big city for school. She also filled a big painful hole in my heart when my cat had a stroke and had to be put to sleep. I was really attatched to my cat and I found I sort of treat Thema the way I used to treat Julie Anne. my mum and I still cry over my cat so I know that was a big help to me to have Anathema to hold in that time....

end sappy....

11. Used to always have at least $200 saved up because there was nothing to spend it on.

Well, goodbye to that. -.-;;

12. I actually have a social life.

Oh, and I've developed this little problem. You see . . . money goes into my bank account, but then it seems to disappear.

13. Mine haven't arrived yet (one I ordered two months ago, and the Chiwoo I'm ordering on payday!) - but there are already changes.

I'm absolutely terrible at art and crafts, just awful, but I'm actually looking forward to trying my hand at a face-up. If I fail, it's (gasp) no big deal, I can hire one of the great artists here to do it. I won't have ruined anything! That's liberating, and in turn gives me the confidence to really try.

I'm also a big dirty tomboy slob, but the thought of such gorgeous works of art sitting in my cruddy house has made me work hard at cleaning and organizing my environment. That's a weird change! If I can convince the boyfriend and the dogs to help keep things clean, that would rock.

I'm antisocial (even online!) and have a generally negative attitude. I *feel* more positive now, and - well, my posting on this board at all & commenting on strangers' journals is very out of character for me. The dolls (and their owners) did that.

14. he came yesterday...and I been cleaning my room and removing all the dust I can find and im still searching for dusts to get rid off o.o;......and my normal way of cleaning my room is once a month O.O;;

15. BJDs cured my cancer!

Sorry, the lame joke was just waiting to be made ~
      I homeschool and it's great to have someone to keep me company. I feel less lonely with them here with me.
      I'm a bit of a techy and a nerd.. electronics aren't like dolls, despite the fact that I name all of my computers, you cannot get attatched to them. I wanted something that I could have for a very long time, with deep sentimental value, that could even become an heirloom for my children.

16. i've definitely met some wonderful friends in the doll world. it also brought be back in touch with my creative side, especially with photography which i took in school but never did professionally.

17. well, my first boy doll arrivng w/out pants made me do something i'd never done before ... actually make something on the sewing machine ;p

18. There's nothing like gratuitous nudity to get people motivated, eh?
      ;)

I really aught to do some knitting... poor Mikos badly needs a jumper.

19. Well...now I got a little smartass wise acre that I love to bits...and me, being plus sized and shy, I can dress her in all the sexy and kick ass ways I wish I could dress....besides...I am way to clumsy to wear kick ass platform boots like she does...and I would never look as cute as she does either. I like haveing her around as I work, read, draw, listen to what I like while my hubby plays with his toy, er, MODEL trains. :-)

20. I never really thought I would get into dolls...I collect plushies and doll house miniatures and asian collectibles, but I was surprised at how hard I fell for these kiddos! It's Kallisti's fault...had I not wandered into her Blastmilk site and saw how her dolls are so not frozen-porcelain-doll-with-same-expression-always like, and so full of fire and sass, well...then I wouldn't have needed to adopt my own little fireball.