1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How important are doll boxes to you?

Jul 7, 2017

?
  1. Keep!

81.8%
  2. Toss them!

9.3%
  3. Keep if CoA is missing, otherwise toss them

8.9%
    1. I keep my doll's box and shipping box too. I must keep the shipping box, because my box was opened when it was under costumes, and I get it with several damages. Someone just tear up the four corner of it. It opens with a magnet on the side, and they just tear the box, like they doesn't care. I was really sad, and keep the shipping box too, to keep it stabile enogh for my doll.

2. I would like to keep my doll boxes, because it's important for me when I want to sell it.

3. Coming from figure collecting I’m used to keeping boxes around. Moving without them sounds like a nightmare. Dolls don’t seem as fragile but for now I’ll hold onto boxes.

4. In general (with dolls or with other things), I only keep boxes a.) if I need them for storage now or later on or b.) if they look really nice.

For really special fragile figures I will keep the box in case I need to move them or store them in the future. For things like POP funkos, I will throw most boxes out. Fairyland boxes I definitely keep 'cause they're so nice.

I also have a few of the shipping boxes saved just in case I end up selling or trading a doll in the future

5. shipping fee is too expensive...So unless the doll is really expensive, I am not keeping the boxes for them.

6. I kept most of the boxes. I love the Fairyland Littlefee boxes, they are so beautiful. Some boxes were slightly damaged (Doll Château) so I tossed them away. It really depends on the box, how sturdy and beautiful it is:3nodding:

7. Oh, I've gotta keep the boxes for sure! Some don't look as aesthetically nice as others, but if I'm ever to sell them again or (as I'm planning) move house, they will ship much nicer in their original boxes the way they were shipped to me. I know a few doll owners that absolutely adore the boxes and try to keep them as pristine as possible too, so I guess it depends on who you are!

8. My feelings on them are complicated because I dont use any of mine but I still have them sitting around...
      I feel like I should just keep the cushions and throw the boxes BUT ITS SO HARD TO DO IT

9. I kept the box mostly because it fits the doll perfectly and is a good place to store her. Also if I ever need to sell, it's nice to be able to sell in the box. The shipping box is currently holding other things (exercise gear haha).

10. I keep mine but if there ever got to be too many I would throw away the ones I didn't really care about and just keep the boxes I like.

11. Everywhere I've lived space has been at a premium and I'd rather have the dolls than the boxes, even though in a perfect world I'd keep both. Ive kept a few boxes over the years, but usually because they've worked for other things. If I bought and sold more dolls it would be different, especially with all the current recasts.

12. I wish I'd kept mine, but I threw them away back when I first joined the hobby :(

13. Hummmm....I think the box is important and the boxes always look so nice

14. I keep my doll box at apartment veranda, so it doesn't make my space narrow now.

15. I think it's pretty vital to hold on to boxes because it makes reselling easier for verifying authenticity in addition to certs.
      I just gives that extra layer of piece of mind knowing it's legit (seeing that there are some replicated certs these days).
      I myself will always ask if the seller has the box as it doll feel more 'complete' :P I dunno, it might just be me!
      In regards to storing boxes myself, I just tend to stack all the boxes on top of the cupboard. Though i suppose it comes down to whether you have the space for them (especially when SD boxes are so big!
      The boxes also come in handy for storing your dolls easier if you have something like renovations :)

16. I always like having the original packaging, whether it's for dolls, consoles, games, or whatever it may be (if it's a collectible of some kind, not just random items). It also helps to have the box when selling, which definitely influences my desire to keep the boxes. Some just look nice as well!

17. I know that boxes important for many people, so i keep them. But for me they had no additional value.

18. I’m pretty sure I haven’t posted here yet but if I have please forgive me. I looked but couldn’t find myself.

That said, I can tell you from collecting other things (lladro figures and other porcelain) that a chunk of value is in the original box. I’m seeing it in dolls a little too. I honestly think that this will be the case more and more as time goes on. So keep the boxes! CoAs are great but original boxes are added proof that it comes from a company.

19. I've kept mine up until this point because I've been moving every 1-2 (mostly due to rental markets). Spouse and I bought a house, so unless a box is particularly useful or hardy (eg, my pipos indestructible brick of a box), for the most part they'll be broken down and/or tossed.
      I'll still be hanging on to and filing my CoA's and receipts as well as backing them up in cloud storage, but I have little to no intent to sell any of my current collection. Any future dolls I'll hang on to boxes for until I'm sure they're staying.

20. I have all my doll boxes up on a platform in the rafters in the garage. A few years ago, I reused them when we moved, and I can't imagine how I would have protected the lot without them. EIDs in particular wouldn't be safe to stack with more delicate dolls.