1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How important are doll boxes to you?

Jul 7, 2017

?
  1. Keep!

81.8%
  2. Toss them!

9.3%
  3. Keep if CoA is missing, otherwise toss them

8.9%
    1. I always keep them. They're handy to have if I need to move my dolls.

2. I still have all of the original boxes and my dolls are stored in them at the moment. Some of the boxes are really pretty. :)

3. I'll probably end up tossing them once I get more dolls. There's enough space in my house, but I don't like extra clutter.

4. I always keep the original boxes. As someone else said, they’re useful if you ever decide to sell, however, they take up a lot of room.

5. I keep all of my official company boxes. They ended up being a godsend when I moved two summers in a row. I could just "pack and stack" my dolls for transport, and I knew which doll was in which box cause they're all pretty unique. Of course I buy a lot of dolls second-hand, so the dolls without company boxes either hitched a ride with another doll in their box, or they got packed into a generic cardboard box. I kept all my boxes in a closet at the apartment I was in, and now I'm in a house with a large attic, so they're all stored up there. :)

6. I try to keep them, buuut.... I will have more dolls... I need place.... shit!

7. Honestly, I'm so glad my preowned doll did not come with a box, only a CoA. I've never been a fan of box-hoarding, and have always just thrown boxes away with other "collectibles" because I never really collect with the intention of getting rid of them.
      But I feel like with BJDs, I would probably feel pressured to keep the box just in case...hence why I'm glad I didn't have to. :sweat

8. for me, i mostly toss them out. hk is really limited for space, i don't wanna see lots of big boxes taking up my room. i put dolls out so that i can see them and play with them everyday. and i seldom consider to sell the dolls, so boxes for me are useless.

9. Until I know for sure that I'm going to keep the doll, I'll keep their boxes. But the ones I have now are not going to leave. Some of their boxes are over 10 years old, gathering dust and taking up space. I'm tossing them out.

10. I always try to keep their boxes as well as everything that comes with the dolls in their original conditions, since these stuff can impact the resale's price. As long as I still have place to store them, it should be fine. I was moving very often in the last few years and have found that it was easy and safely for my dolls to be transferred in their original boxes.

11. Pretty important. I always keep them, the first reason is that it's proof of authenticity, along with the certificate. The second reason is that if I suddenly decided to move, I'd feel much safer knowing each of my dolls is secure in their own box.

12. As a collector, the box is pretty important. I won't freak out if there is damage to the box though but it is a nice thing to have. It is useful to store the doll and parts and in case you lose the COA.

13. i cant bring myself to throw them away, i collect anime figures and like to keep the boxes as well, cus you never know maybe you'll wanna sell them in the future but for me it's just the collectors fever, the thought of having everything in pristine shape and there makes me giddy,it's fun to show off dolls and their boxes with all the clothes and company stuff ect

14. I keep them so when i'm away for a long time there would be a safe place to settle my dolls, and i really like collecting boxs from different companies.

15. Definitely keep them. It‘s really important for me. I love to collect them!

16. I haven't gotten my first BJD in the mail yet, so maybe I'll feel different when he arrives, but I have collected other non-BJD dolls for years, and I almost always throw the boxes away. I get that they're collectors items, but they ultimately end up taking up more space than the amount of joy it brings me to keep them.

17. I like to keep them, it makes it easier to store them if I want the doll put away for any reason. I also stick any clothes or accesories I accumulate in the box.

18. I like to keep them cause when I collect something that everything around it xD and I store my Dolls in their boxes cause I didn’t have a display ^^’

19. I like to keep them because I like how most of them look and I've often heard that when moving they're awesome to have.

20. I keep them! I don't have space to display everyone at once, and the boxes provide nice, stable, safe storage. The apartment I got has a closet with space at the top, so it's easy to put the boxes up out of the way.