1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How important are doll boxes to you?

Jul 7, 2017

?
  1. Keep!

81.8%
  2. Toss them!

9.3%
  3. Keep if CoA is missing, otherwise toss them

8.9%
    1. I definitely keep them. Only 4 out of my 5 dolls came with boxes so it's not much anyway, besides I use them to store those dolls when I am not playing with them.

2. I only keep the box if the doll was a limited, full set package - or if I'm not sure about a sculpt and may sell it. Otherwise, hello recycling bin!!!

3. I think it'd depend on the box, I only keep the Fairyland boxes because they're so pretty and I want to display them on a bookshelf, otherwise I don't think I'd mind as much, but I do like to keep their COA's & everything in there so I know who's is who's in case I ever decided to sell

4. The boxes aren't important to me at all, except that they ought to be the perfect size for moving or storage. So I'd probably keep them, but I'd store them away in the garage or such until such time as they were needed.

5. I have the boxes for all of my dolls and I'm really grateful for my hoarding tendencies because a couple of them came without CoA and that would have posed a problem if I ever tried selling them. I wish I had kept the shipping box for my larger bodies, too, because Staples doesn't sell shipping boxes large enough for them.

6. I want to keep all my boxes but a couple dolls of mine do not have boxes. I don't have shelves or anywhere to put my dolls, so having no box? It gets hard to find a place to store them. So I keep them, because the dolls that do not have boxes, I plan on buying carrying bags to store them in. Maybe that's too expensive, buuut unless something else comes up, that's my plan haha.

7. I keep them so that I'll have a safe, easy way to transport my dolls when I eventually move.

8. I must admit it never occured to me that I could throw the boxes away?! I thought they were too precious XD

I'm currently keeping all the boxes, flattening the shipping outside box and piling the nice inside ones! But this takes so muuuuuch space :...(
      I've recently moved so I'm trying to reorganize all my BJD stuff by using the boxes as storage, instead of using shoe boxes. It's not really convenient though. Maybe I should try to flatten some of them, like some people seem to do...

9. Hmmm...
      A huge box might cost me a lot of space, but with me, it's really important, not only for keeping and protecting my child but also for later conveniences, such as gifting my child or return it to the store for having maintenances.
      Even though I don't have any intention to sell my child, but I believe a lot of people feel comfortable and safety when buying a child in full set with box, futon, CoA and dress completely...

10. I'm a bit of a box lover, hahah, specially when it's pretty. I know I won't sell my doll for anything, but I keep her in there anyway just to keep her safe from light and anything else (I have two cats!). Which is unfortunate since I have very little space.
      My collection so far is of only one, but it's already a problem because of how little space I have and how much stuff I keep in my house! I also have figure boxes, some at my parents' place. Fortunately they have a lot of attic space, but they're planning on moving some day.

11. I try to keep boxes when they're sturdy enough to, because I have the space right now, and because they're good for storing multiple dolls when I don't have boxes for some of them. I've bought dolls second hand from Dollyteria and Mandarake that don't always arrive with boxes. One day I might need to find a better storage solution, who knows?

There is one time when I threw a box away right away - I bought an MSD Soul Doll, and it arrived in a SD box that was the size of a kindergartner. I barely had space to open it up, so I had to toss it right away - but sadly, I think I tossed the certificate with it! Oops! At least I still have the sales records.

12. I only keep boxes for full set limited dolls. If the box can fold up, I will flatten and put them under my bed.
      I store my dolls in carriage bag, consume less space than boxes.

13. They’re very important to me. I think is part of the doll itself and part of the value too. If I’m gonna buy a doll I will want it with the box, unless I’m desperate and the seller is well known and have the coa.

#273 Kananshii, Dec 23, 2019
      Last edited: May 15, 2021
    14. I only keep the boxes if I'm unsure about keeping the doll. Sometimes I'm worried I won't bond with them and may decide to resell them.

15. Rabid deboxer here. I don't believe in keeping boxes, they just cause clutter which I already have way too much of. Even if I don't have a CoA I don't see the point in keeping the box. I'm not going to sell the doll, so why should I even need it?

16. Keep, I use them for storing :)

17. Having a box is very good way to store my doll, so why not keep it?

Oh, but I might change my mind after I finally got some built-up storage like a shelf for my doll...

18. I keep all the boxes of my dolls. It is true that a lot of space is needed, but I keep the larger boxes to put smaller ones. I use the old Littlefee boxes to store wigs. I think it is very useful not only if you are going to sell them. I have moved twice and in their boxes I know they are safe

19. I keep the boxes, but they are not super important. They do take up a fair amount of space though..

20. I keep the boxes but only because they are the only good way I know to move the dolls from place to place (for example when moving) or store the dolls.
      If I had a proper system moving the dolls around, I'd probably toss most of them, leaving only couple that if I sell something, it's easier to ship.