1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How important are doll boxes to you?

Jul 7, 2017

?
  1. Keep!

81.8%
  2. Toss them!

9.3%
  3. Keep if CoA is missing, otherwise toss them

8.9%
    1. I even keep the boxes for all my anime figurines, so for sure I'm keeing the doll box! Besides, it's a very beautiful box and it has the foam cushion inside specially die cut to hold my doll safely. In the long run, I am saving myself a lot of future trouble with moving or shipping by sparing some space for this box now.

2. I always keep my doll box because I will feel more... complete? XD

3. Not at all! If the box comes with the doll, it is a nice bonus and I will keep it. Since most of the dolls in my price range are used or formerly owned, the box usually isn't included and that's no problem at all. The only exception might be if it's a super pretty or limited edition decorated box. For video games anyway, I always try to buy the special boxes (like for Persona 5 for example).

4. I keep all my boxes. I don't really like storing all of them, but I want to have something to put them in if I decide to sell them. And I've been selling some of my dolls lately, so I'm glad to have the boxes.

5. I keep them. I also use them to store doll clothes/wigs/eyes. It wouldn't bother me to buy used without the box though. I just happen to like them.

6. I've always kept my boxes even though I live in a tiny apartment and I try to make sure they remain in pristine condition. I'm very big on doll boxes. I've sometimes not bought a doll second hand if it lacked that box. Of course, not always. I ended having dolls that didn't include them and to this day, it still bothers me. One of the most exciting parts for me is seeing the design of the boxes and how it relates to the feel of the company I bought from.

One thing though: I don't like green, so I don't care for any green boxes. I still keep them though. *looks at the Fairyland boxes*

7. Not important at all. I have my first YoSD's carrier, I have my second Yo-SD's pillow. I have my RS Song's sleeping bag... But that's it. My other two MSD's are second hand and my tinies I can put in eyeglass cases. So I don't keep the boxes.

Actually I don't think I even kept Avalon's box. I did for a few months in the very off chance I'd fall out of love. Never happened. He's been mine going on five years. So I think about 7 months after getting him I got rid of it cause it was taking up space.

8. I personally would be happier buying a secondhand doll if it came with its original box. I doubt it would be a dealbreaker, but I definitely intend to keep hold of the boxes my dolls come in, even though I generally despise clutter and throw/give away or sell anything I don't really need/want.

9. I prefer to keep my boxes as I don't have any carry cases for my dolls (like a couple of people, it seems) and I'd like to have somewhere safe to keep them should I need to move them or ship them (in the case that I sell them) in the future!

10. I'm back and forth on this. I Have the vast majority of my doll boxes. however, some dolls were bought secondhand, so didn't have any. Some were bought off of other sites (Mint on card, etc) Which didn't have a box? (I'm looking at you, Fdoll body >> )
      I know when I move, that I can always stack my dolls probably two to a box, so there's no need ot keep them all, but I struggle with throwing them out. I also can't see myself actually tucking the dolls away into boxes when I move anyways (Since, yes, they'll go in their carrying bags and probably be in my car, safe and sound anyways).
      I have 19+ dolls, having that many boxes-- 5 of them SD size is pretty insane as it is.

11. I mean if there nice thats always a plus but its not like I wouldn't buy a doll due to their box

12. I'm having a hard time voting … I don't care about the boxes per se, and a missing box wouldn't keep me from buying a doll I like second hand. But I do keep the most sturdy or pretty boxes my own dolls came with because they come in handy to store dolls and items in when travelling with my dolls to an expo or con.

13. I keep the boxes to store my dolls in. I have bought a couple of dolls 2nd hand without boxes and eventually got carriers to store them in. It bothers me if I don't have a box or something for a doll.

14. I wished I could keep all boxes, but with my huge collection of dolls and small apartment it's not really possible unless I'd rent a container. I keep beautiful boxes and sturdy ones (great place to store outfits), but I toss regular boxes and some which already fall apart on arriving (like all from Ringdoll, which is sad because they would be beautiful if they were more sturdy)

15. I typically keep my doll boxes- mostly because if I ever sell a doll, I'd like to be able to send them in their original box.

16. I try to keep the boxes lying around, but a few of my oldest boxes had grown moldy so I had to toss them. So I keep some bodies in pillows until I can find a good carrying case to store them in.

17. When I first started the hobby, I kept all the boxes so as to have somewhere to 'house' my dolls when I needed to put them away. As the collection grows, space is starting to become an issue.
      I've just recently started contemplating the idea of getting rid of some of the boxes, but majority of the boxes are quite lovely and sturdy that it is a difficult decision.

A couple of my dolls came in dollbags instead of boxes, which I am so thankful for! :3nodding:

18. I have all the doll boxes and shipping boxes I have ever received. I refuse to get rid of any of them even though I will never ever sell any dolls. The dolls stay in them when not being played with. Even though I would prefer buying a doll with it's box and would even pay more for a doll with the box, I would still buy the doll without the box.

19. I keep the boxes but some of the dolls I have bought were sent to me just in a shipping box anyway.

20. If they came without a box, I try to find one. Doesn't matter if its the same company, as long as the doll will fit. I need the boxes in case I need to move them!