1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How important are doll boxes to you?

Jul 7, 2017

?
  1. Keep!

81.8%
  2. Toss them!

9.3%
  3. Keep if CoA is missing, otherwise toss them

8.9%
    1. I keep my doll boxes. If I were buying secondhand then I don't think I would really mind if the doll came with a box or not though

2. It is super important, is protects my doll from young kids and it helps us identify the doll house alot.

3. Agreed! I also like to keep the boxes for legitimation in case I should ever decide to re-sell one of my dolls :abambi:

4. I don't care about the boxes, but I keep them in case I do lose the CoA or I sell them in the future

5. I keep them partly because I'm a wee bit of a hoarder, but also for eventual moving purposes. Or if I ever wanted to take a larger group of them somewhere, like how I've dreamed of bringing several of them to the beach for a photo shoot. I don't have enough space in my carry bag for all of who I'd bring.

I used to think getting the original box when buying secondhand was awesome, but now it's almost a relief when they don't come with one so I won't feel compelled to keep it :XD:

6. I collect SDs, so they take up a lot of room. I only keep the boxes for dolls that I know have been recast and I'd like to prove they're legit.

7. At the moment I don't have any storage bags for my dolls so in case of me having to move them I like knowing I have a safe place to put them, made to keep them protected.

8. I don't. One, I buy primarily secondhand, and boxes just aren't always available. Two, man do those take up a ton of space! My former apartment had one teeny tiny closet and when it came to deciding if I should store family heirlooms or doll boxes, it was kind of a no-brainer.

9. I tried really hard to keep my boxes in great condition I even hid them in my closet so my bunny wouldnt get to them and eat them. Sadly during a weekend stay with some friend my dad went on a cleaning bender and left my boxes out. Like cows to the butcher they didnt stand a chance...:pout::...( i came back to a paper nightmare. My first box is in pretty great condition while the other 2 are in okay shap but my loongsoul box is ruined.

10. I keep the boxes because I have moved around a lot since owning my BJDs and they helped as I had somewhere safe to put my dolls. Also in case I want to resell mine one day it would be easier to send them.

11. My dolls boxes are very important to me because that's where I store them every night when I go to bed, lmao. I don't really have a good space to have them out while I'm sleeping and there are two certain bad cats I know that would eat their wigs and just be general menaces. xD I also just enjoy having my doll's original "case"? Kinda like the same feeling of having an action figure all neat in its package, I don't feel like my doll is complete without it. Which doesn't make a lot of sense but there you go. LOL

12. Keeping boxes is like a must! I never know if I'll need it for something! I legit have a ton of boxes from everything I've ever bought under my bed right now. xp

13. I feel that's its pretty important because then it shows that your doll is legit and it is just more appealing.

14. Doll box is another kind of certification besides CoA

15. I kept all my doll boxes (I don't have many dolls, so it's not taking a lot of space for me.)
      All their COAs in their respective boxes.
      When it comes to buying 2nd hand dolls, I'll feel more at ease if they come with their original box = secure and safe for shipping.
      So if by any chance I'm going to rehome any of my dolls, I can sell it along with their box.
      I will be shifting next year, having the boxes gives more protection for my dolls too.

16. i don't display my dolls, so the box is essential for me to store them away from the bright sunlight & heat of my country.

17. They're essential for storage away from dust, pets, etc. And the dolls just seem more "comfortable" stretched out rather than bent up in square boxes!

18. I don't display my dolls at the moment and won't be able to for quite a while - my 2 year old son loves the 'babies' and wants to play with them, so all the resin is far out of his reach. Luckily my house has a built-in cupboard at chest height that's perfect to stack the boxes in, so that's where I keep them. Having them each in their own box helps me to find the one I want quickly.

19. yes yes... that too. it gets dusty really quick here, & i have like a dozen cats.

20. as someone who moves a lot, I would prefer to have the box tossed away and replace with a much portable carrier, like a case or a bag (also my mom hates the clutter so yea), but I do prefer keeping them because I like to keep the memory of the box opening with me, it's sentimental