1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How long before you gave in?

Apr 12, 2009

1. Ive known about them for a while, mainly from seeing them at cons and online, but I never pictured owning one just because of the prices, and I really didnt think they were for me... but then I saw my "dream doll" and fell in love and ordered him only a few days after i saw him. I didnt join DOA until after I had gotten him, though.

2. I don't know much about Volks (even though I buy their clothes... and own a doll from them now XD) but...

When Volks released SD13 Link is when I found out about them - then held out until 07' when I found out there was more than one website to buy from XD

3. 'knowing' and owning I think there would have been 2 and a half years nearly 3 years difference. Found out about them in 2004 due to a Manga Artist interview, lost interest till I refound the Caress of Venus site in 2006, didn't want one till Aug 2006 when I saw Volks Tony but dismissed the idea due to the price. It took me actually seeing them in real life and finding out about DZ that lead me to join DoA in October 2006 then I ordered my first in Jan 2007. It just multipled from there on.

4. About 2 years. I first seen a BJD on deviantart, googled them because I was curious and fell in love. I didn't have a job then, though, I still studied and was living on my husband pay only... So I just drooled at the photos.

Now I have a good job and I finally can afford a dollfie! I plan to have a whole bunch. XD My hubby thinks I'm crazy, but I'm earning more than he is ATM, so he can't really object. :D

5. It came quite fast with me I think. In august I saw the first BJD ever, I was amazed by them but not really fell in love immediately. After a week or two I registered on a forum where some friends of mine are, just to get informed and look at the pictures etx. By checking the forum and lots of company sites I became more and more interested and I think it was about the end of september I really fell in love... But I wasn't going to buy a doll till the summer the next year, since I just spent a fortune on a camera etx.
      Well, it was a FAIL! xD The beginning of december I ordered my first dolls and I really don't regret, I'm even planning on buying a new one during summer holidays.

6. I think I saw my first BJD around two to three years ago, this was thanks to a friend who was browsing them, I was scared of them at first and refused to really look at them, until I really got interested into the pretty looking ones, I then discovered DOD so I've kinda been stalking that site since then, but I also discovered other doll sites so was pretty much stalking those as well. I later on joined DOA last year due to quite a few DA members being on this forum, but I wasn't very active as I was only here for the gallery pictures. I then finally passed a test and said that I would buy a doll if I passed, so I did just that this April.

7. Hm it was 3 or 4 years ago when I first got to know about bjds
      I was surving on this dutch forum, and they started this topic about bjds I never heard of it before so I checked it out, and I was amazed by all the pictures I saw :drool

I never thought about buying one in the beginning, but then I found out more and more about the dolls and he diffrent type, and how you could costumize them, and that they are great posers for drawing and photography ^.^

I wanted one, and started searching for the perfect doll for me, wich took allot of time as well :XD: I allmost bought a doc kirill, but then I came across the minifees :aheartbea love at first sight

8. Uh.. to purchase the doll that I have now... Probably.. 2 months?

To actually START to purchase a doll... lessee... 5-6 years..? around there? Yea...

9. I found out about them like, two or three years ago. I'm still doll-less, and I am planning to get one in a couple of months -- if my interest does not fade by then. This happened too when I first found out about them -- I wanted to buy one and was excited about getting one, and then RL just intervened and then I completely forgot about it. Until now. :D

10. I really only recently got back into the game, to be honest. I knew about BJDs since 06, but I wasn't keen on their prices...I'm the kind of person who sticks to a certain hobby for a year or so before moving on, so I was always a bit cautious about purchasing one..but now that I have, I think I will stay in BJDs for a while :D

11. About one month? :lol: I got myself a doll very soon after discovering the hobby and two months after he'd arrived home I ordered my Souldoll Miryu who's still one of my favourite dolls ever.

If you're sure of what you want, then I see no point in waiting just for the sake of waiting. Researching and learning is so much easier when you actually have a doll (even though it took me over a month to just get the courage to change his eyes!)

12. The only thing i remember was when I first know what is bjd, volks was only selling sd10....
      I spent many years to wait for a face that exactly fit the image in my mind...

got my first bjg half year ago, and second one month ago XD

13. It took me ... as soon as I got home :sweatlol. I was at Tekkoshocon in Pittsburgh and saw them so when I got home that sunday I looked them up :) that was april 3-5 its now the 25th lol Im still saving up for my NS Gentle Cocori! 370.30/563.30 ... this is gonna take a while (takes donations lol j/k)

14. I ordered a doll within months of learning about them. Maybe even weeks. But it was pretty soon after. I'm a new DoA member, though. I've never been a member and not owned a doll since I've had my first doll for about three years now.

15. Eight years passed before I bought my first bjd.:doh

16. My willpower lasted a grand total of two weeks - which is how long it took to assure my husband that it would count as every event between birthday - valentines day - anniversary, etc. Basically a St. Anibirthmas gift. No regrets. :)

17. I found BJDs last May, and Den of Angels. I noticed Pukis pretty quickly, liked the way the looked and how they were made. Then I noticed Littlefees sometime in January... Pukis, but bigger! Valentines Weekend I asked for one for Valentines day, with the promise dolls would not become a frequent purchase... I'm saving money for the next one, sometime around Christmas >.>

18. After I became interested in BJDs, I had one in less than a month. : )

19. I decided a while after first seeing BJDs. Right now I'm still saving for my first ;)

20. I can't really accurately answer.
      I knew about them somehow, for a while before I saw one in person at an anime con. That particular doll didn't really spark my interest, but the concept of completely customizable doll did, so I started researching.
      It was when I saw DoD's Shall that I knew I had to have one. I joined this site, did a bit of research, and bought a doll almost right away.

I now know that the bigger dolls aren't for me, but I still think Shall is gorgeous...