1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How long before you gave in?

Apr 12, 2009

1. lol over two and a half years. I was interested almost three years, joined DoA almost three years ago, and wasn't really active. It was kind of hard since they were questions like "Did you do such and such with your doll?" So I couldn't answer that, though I enjoyed/still enjoy the gallery section.

2. About 2 years I think. Or in-between like a year and a half or so. :/

3. I first found out about them from that horror movie, what was it called? ... Doll Maker or something and I was completely hooked, paused the movie and started looking around for them.

It's taken me... about half a year until I finally ordered one. Lol, they're sooo expensive that I had to wait AGES until I had the money for him. I did join DoA dolless, lol, but I thought I may as well get a head start in the bjd community. :lol:

4. None of my friends understand me and my total obsession with these dolls. It took me about 3 hours between the time I say my first bjd (and that one isn't a true bjd- it's a Goodreau) and then another week before I found this forum and then less than a week after that and I bought Yomo.
      All this in the last month....
      I joined this forum so that I could also research more dolls and of course, buy more!
      I'm new to this kind of communication and don't under "pm"ing to someone and haven't even posted a picture or anything.

Mary

5. Well, I still don't have any dolls, and I would have gave in already if it wasn't for my not being able to afford any, =/.

6. I have known bjds for a year.

About 3 months to order my first doll.

7. Found out about BJDs to ordering was a little more than 2 years.
      Doll-less owner on DoA only about 2 months.

I found out about BJDs in 2005 right when the Yo-SDs from Volks were released. Back then I only knew about Volks and DoD. After translating the price from yen to dollar in Volks case with only their English japanese site back then, I could not get over paying that much for a doll. I've LONG since gotten over that.

8. Started oogling over dollie sites in Jan 07 (when I was without-a-doubt, much too poor to even put away a decent amount per paycheck for one, surely), joined DoA in Nov 08 but found it all too confusing so I remained inactive. Ordered first doll Apr 09 and begun picking up activity here, and voila~

Still waiting for her <3

9. The only company you could buy from when I first found this hobby was Volks and you could only buy the dolls through a shopping service because Volks's site was not in english and they did not ship internationally. I watched for a long time then I virtually left the hobby for a year. Den of Angels was still only a Yahoo! group by the time I finally bought myself a doll - or parts of a doll. I bought the head strait from Volks (when they sold heads seperately) and the body from a Den of Angels member. Man that was so long ago!

10. Hmm well i found out about the bjd dolls when i was 16 almost 17, I bought a volks dollfie dream within a few weeks about. I however didnt know about doa until i had a few dolls.

11. Hrm, I suppose I waited either 10 months or 3 months. The reason behind that is because the first time I found out about them, I wanted one for about a week but then gave up mainly due to cost and difficulty of obtaining one. I too remember those times when you had to be fairly dedicated to get a bjd from Volks (the only choice).

And I completely forgot about them. I rediscovered them some months later and this time I was hooked for real. By then, it was a little easier to get a hold of one (but still twice as hard as it is nowadays). That was when I joined DoA, and I was without a doll for probably about 2 months after that.

12. I discovered BJDs sometime in early highschool. Umm I think around 2003 or 04. :| Maybe even 02! I figured I'd never own one ever.. EVER. They were so much $$$. I discovered Pullips soon after but even then I didn't start collecting until last year. ^_^;;

I've been on DoA since 2007 but only started posting last week. (I'm really shy :x) Since last May I've gotten three girls and I plan to get my first SD this summer. :3 I find it really exciting haha specially since it was a dream for so long!

13. I discovered BJDs in 2004, and I just bought my first tonight. So that makes about...... 5 years that I held off buying one :p
      I just managed to join DOA maybe a week ago? So, yes I think the community helps to egg one on :)

14. I found out about BJD a looong time ago x: I'd say maybe 4 years ago.. I've always wanted to buy one but alas, still short of cash :(

15. I collect other dolls so I have seen BJD around, but I wasn't interested because of the price, plus I didn't think there would be English sites to buy them from. In the last couple of weeks, I really wanted a doll and while shopping online locally I came across a preloved one for sale and in my research about the seller, I found this forum. I missed out on the doll but found another one that I wanted later on. Bought it and have it now. So it was 3 weeks when I got my first doll and found out about this forums.

16. yes, they are expensive and I found out I didn't even care (which is awful!) I wanted one anyway! and now I want even more!

This probably isn't the right place to ask this, but I noticed a couple of other people who just joined in April. How did you figure out how to post a new introduction in the introductions section?
      I figured out reply.
      :)

Mary

17. I joined DOA the other day and still don't have the right kind of dolls.

18. I've known about BJDs for about ... four or maybe five years now. A long time ... always kinda thought they were outta my league, at least price-wise. I'd ALWAYS adored and pined after them, but since I'm usually really careful about where I spend my money, I never thought I'd dish out for one.

And then just this past month, I ordered up my first doll. C: And I am so damn addicted ... he hasn't even gotten here yet and I'm planning the next ones.

19. I found out about BJDs late last year and was fascinated (and I still am) with them!
      I've been a member since earlier this year
      and I am still doll-less!
      I want to get one, but I don't have a card where I can buy stuff online,
      so I need to get that sorted! I do try to be an active member, but there's only so much a doll-less member can do...
      =]

20. i ve had known bjd for half a year since i bought my first one, and later i joined doa, i,m not a very active member because i don,t have a lot of time.