1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How long did you wait for your first doll??

May 13, 2010

1. My first was 2nd hand so it took like a week! After that I bought a company doll and that took a good 3 months to arrives.

2. About 3 months 1 week and 2 days to be exact. Lol XD

My girl was on layaway for 3 months then it took a week for the shipping process to complete and then two days for my dad's friend to come from US to Philippines.

Shana Helen Maleficum would be her name. I wanted her to become a sorceress but living in the modern world. Like Sabrina the teenage witch. :3

Special thing is that we bond almost everyday. During my days off I would make clothes for her.

3. I bought my first off the MP, and it took about a week to get here, IIRC (which I might not since it was years ago).

4. Hmm... I think four months, if I remember correctly?

5. 3 months that felt like an eternity

6. Less than two weeks. She was an in stock doll. However, ordering from IOS this past time, I waited two months. Not bad, considering their massive sale they just had. However, I am waiting on a body from ResinSoul and it probably won't arrive till October and I ordered in early June. Here's hoping it arrives sooner.

7. I wait only one week, because she was second hand. For my second, i wait now 6 weeks. :(

8. My first doll is my Fantasy doll Tobias. I ordered him and received him within a month of ordering him.
      I still have him and can't imagine parting with him even though my taste in dolls has changed slightly. I feel he's the reason I have the collection I have. :D

My second doll was purchased a few months after him. I bought a Bobobie chun girl from a local hobbyist, and walked out with her that same day. I was the dolls 3rd or 4th owner at that point, so she was in rough shape. But I was determined to make her great. I bought her a new body after selling the old one, cleaned up her face and sent her off to a professional artist for a faceup. She looks wonderful now, and she's become one of my favorite success stories as far as my secondhand bjd adventures go. :D

9. I waited for my first doll for two and a half months. I know some other owners have it difficult— needing to wait for more than three months, but I was actually getting impatient with just that duration. I couldn't wait for him to arrive, so much so that all I could do to quell my need was to watch one unboxing video to another as well as scrolling through instagram for BJD photos.

10. My first doll I got for a really good deal because she needed some fixing up and repair. I think I waited about a week for her to get here as she was secondhand.

My second doll (whom could be considered my first I suppose, as she is the one who really got me into the hobby) I spent quite a bit of money on, despite the fact that I didn't have a whole lot of extra money at the time. Because of this I paid for the cheapest shipping method possible from Japan, and she ended up taking about a month to arrive. The wait seemed to take forever!

11. My first resin BJD took a month to get to me, it took less than a week to reach me after I received the email notification that it had been dispatched. This was really good especially as she came with a face-up, many companies take 3 months or more.

12. My first doll was a Dollshe Hound, circa 2006. I ordered directly from the company, but I can't remember how long the waiting period was. I think it was around 2 months, which isn't bad. It felt like forever, though!

13. He was the second BJD I ever liked, I found him on the Junkyspot when I was about 12? But I always thought I'd never be able to get him because he was more expensive than the dolls I collected at the time (Pullips). The summer before my 16th birthday I started gushing about him to my dad about how much I loved him and lucky for me I came home from my birthday dinner and there he was! My BBB Apollo :aheartbea I did have a BJD before him, I got her about a year earlier, but she only came to be mine because my friend couldn't sell her. She's a Lati Yellow Lumi :whee:
      Anyways, I named my boy Adrien. I spent weeks trying to think of a name for him, and I actually don't remember why I picked his name. I just had a list of names from Greek Mythology and Shakespeare and went from there. His last name however, literally means "good name" :sweat
      My Lati's name is Penelope, after my first hamster (who was named after the character from Hamtaro). I was just like "Well I love rodents, and I love dolls, so my first BJD should be named after my first hamster!". I think it suits her. Her middle name is Matilda, because that was the name my friend gave her before sending her to me. And her last name is my middle name, because I'm so original :thumbup
      As for waiting, I think I waited maybe a month tops for Penelope, and Adrien was more of a surprise (I didn't think my dad would actually go through with it in all honesty). :daisy

14. My first doll has been bought from firm, ordered and at once is paid (without payment by installments). It was the most high-speed sending, only 16 days, apart from the road (EMS) to me. ^^
      It for me was very unexpected because I planned to wait for a doll at least 2 months.

15. about 3 months and 2 weeks as I had ordered her through layaway and then had to wait for her to be shipped to the UK