1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How long did you wait for your first doll??

May 13, 2010

1. What was supposed to be my first doll became my second, but I still regard him as my first.
      I had to wait 16 weeks after ordering before he got here. I got the shipping notice after 4 weeks... after that heard nothing, tracking had stopped. After asking Crobidoll for help, it still took a few weeks before they found him and sent him back. (They first told us they lost it)
      I don't mind waiting for a long time, I do mind waiting longer than necessary. >[

2. It looks like the one I ordered second is the one I shall be getting here first. xP She's in the city.. just need to wait until Sunday for the dealer to deliver her to me. <33

Got the notice at work yesterday and everyone was wondering why I was skipping around happily.. - never mind the squeak I made when I read the email. xP

3. 3 Weeks. 2 for him to be made/painted, or else just painted, I dunno, and one for shipping. I figured it would be longer!

4. Aw I'm sorry that your first doll caused you so much punishment, but I'm extremely happy that you decided to go with what you wanted :)

It was my third year in the hobby when I received my first doll.

5. I wait my doll for... let me count - for 6 mounth.) Not because he was making - he is second-hand doll and... poor student paid so long T__T and I am very ashamed of it even now.

6. I'm pretty new to BJDs, but I've loved them for a long time ;3;
      My first (and only) was my Dollmore Kid Boy Paran, he took only 16 days to process AND ship, with weekends included, and I ordered him on February 20th.. So he came to me on March 8th~
      I was really impressed with how fast he came home!

7. Another person still waiting for my first BJD! :3 I've only ordered 8 days ago, and she is not yet shipped, obviously~

I'll edit this once I receive her, though! :D

EDIT: 13 days in total. ^^

I do that, too! I'm super impatient~ :lol:

8. I waited five/six days. I ordered from Junkyspot, they shipped her the next day. I don't think I could stand months of waiting.

9. I waited about a year before deciding to buy my first bjd ^^ It's lots of money and it's a big decision I think.
      My first doll I had to wait 50 days, my second was months and months... and my third was 45 days more or less.

10. 2nd hand from Ebay... about 2 weeks. Next two dolls were also 2nd hand (but not via Ebay)... so when I did finally order something from the makers overseas the wait felt like frakken FOREVER... :D

(Now I'm trying to be patient waiting for the body to go with my Polar Bear pukipuki faceplate)

11. you probably will not believe it, but the wait for my first one was very short, I paid on Sunday and had him on Wednesday. I ordered my Hound from Dollmore and since he was in stock all I had to wait for was EMS shipping time

I am beyond spoiled

12. Well, I thougth it is worth ^^

13. You're super luck!!!

14. I had to wait for what felt like forever for my boy...4 months and 3 days from the ordering date...but he was a preorder from a dealer and there was a 2 week delay due to chinese new year...

15. Well I didn't exactly wait for my doll to arrive. More like the doll waited for me to pick her up, I picked it up at a store when I made a trip to Japan. So I didn't have that feeling of waiting for my doll to come in the mail. Although it was weird taking the doll through customs when the people there started staring at the merchandise through the x-ray machine.

16. One month plus a day after I placed the order. He arrived in 3 days I think.

17. my 1sy doll is from Lati
      and it takes 3 months for waiting....
      I hate witing so long but can't help myself full in love with them again and again...

18. I waited a few weeks from the time I had the doll put on layaway.

19. Aww, my first story is so strange! @@
      I had done a ton of research, and expected to wait for my doll for a couple of months!

I even had a pic of him on my wall and felt like a kid again when I counted off the days in tallies!(yeah I'm weird.lol)

But I waited LESS than a month! It was literally 25 days! That's all. And he's gorgeous.
      I honestly was Expecting something to be wrong with him in that short span of time.

I received NO shipping notice, he just popped up! It was strange, and a little sad because
      I wanted the thrill of tracking him with EMS like everyone else!

I got up at a time I normally would sleep in, and low and behold the mail carrier delivered this long
      rectangular box, that couldn't have been anything else! She was supposed to come at three!

20. I dont know. *fails* Cause my dad's friend ordered him for me, [at that time, I didnt know how to use paypal] and the friend didnt tell my dad when he ordered my doll so it's a mystery for me.