1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How long did you wait for your first doll??

May 13, 2010

1. My first doll was a dal, I wanted her for a month or 2 and then I ordered her. I had to wait 2 weeks befor she arrived.
      I wanted my first bjd for really long, but didn't had the money. After I ordered her I had to wait more then a month befor she arrived

2. I did some research on BJD's for about 3 or 4 months before choosing the doll I wanted/could actually afford. I put him on a layaway with Denver Doll but they emailed to say he was in early and asked if I wanted to pay the balance - I couldn't stand the wait any longer and caved. So I had my first doll in about a month from the time I ordered it. I'm still waiting on his clothes to arrive though :lol:

3. this is 2,5 weeks after my first order put and still waiting, even more my doll hasn't been sent to me yet! ...but after couple months of researches I was prepared for 8-16 weeks of waiting.

4. So I'm not being creepy/stalker-esque by checking the tracking every few hours? (She's in Chicago!!!)

5. I will never forget.
      I got my KDF Cherry basic, no faceup with a wig in seven days.
      No joke. I ordered on a Friday and she was at my door the next Friday. Fastest I have EVER gotten a doll! I was so happy I didn't have to wait months for my first girl; I was a bit afraid I might want a totally different one by the time I got her! I still love my first girl and will be buying her a MNF body soon. :D

6. LOl. No, you're not alone there.

7. I bought my first opportunity of a forum, I received in 7 days so I was super happy:).
      Now when I read throughout the months of waiting I'm afraid of having to wait a long time and then be disappointed. ^ ^

8. Do you still remember how long did you wait for your first doll ?
      One full week, i ordered her on Dec. 21 or was it 22? Then she arrived at my home on Dec. 30 but I was away, only my younger bro and sis were at home at that time. When I went home I saw my dollie package waiting patiently for me. But I could've gotten her earlier if it weren't holiday season because Korea is near.

Is there any special meaning about their name?
      Not exactly, I made a character w/c is loosely based on a manga character and I kinda like the character's name, so my Sakura's name is now Miyoubi.

Any things special or unforgettable happened while you get them?
      It was new years eve! I was restringing her coz of the, uh, unattached head (!?) and so new year's eve dawn upon me doing that... ^^;

9. on my first dolls i was w8ing 2 weeks ^-^ they have arrived on 7th of January

10. about two weeks.. XD

11. i wait four mounth!

12. Do u still remember how long did you wait for your first doll ?
      I waited about a month and a half, 5-7 weeks? I can't quite remember anymore...But I ordered from Dream Of Doll and got him pretty quickly compared to their usual slow-ness. c:
      Is there any special meaning about their name??
      Well, my dollie's name is Harune! Ummm, there isn't anything to special about the name itself. He's real cute, and I call him Rune for short. the full name means Distant Sound ^^
      Any things special or unforgettable happened while you get them??
      Hehe, just seeing him for the first time was super duper unforgettable! c:

13. I think I waited around just over a month before my first bjd arrived. She is beutiful though and well worth the wait! The only annoying part was that the week she arrived here was when it was pouring with rain so when I opened the package it was literally soaked. There was bubble wrap around her box but it didnt cover the ends of the box. Consequently, two corners of the box were soaked and torn. Thankfully she was fully dry though :)

14. Been waiting since I was thirteen. Now I'm 17, and hopefully getting my doll over the summer. ^^

15. How long did you wait for your first doll??

From order to arrival it was not a long waiting in my case. I ordered my first BJD (CP Luts Delf Soo Special, NS with make up in both heads) in August 18th, 2005 and she arrived home twenty days later, in September 7th, 2005. :)

Is there any special meaning about their name??

Its meaning aside, it meant that when I knew which it was I fell in wanting the rest of the (One Piece manga and anime series) crew she belongs to. :doh

Any things special or unforgettable happened while you get them??

The curious thing of purchasing my first BJD happened before buying her. As far as I know and from what I can remember I have always seen that sculpt in stock, always, but once, the day I was ready to order her. So I had to wait for restock. :sweat

16. Just a month~ ^^ It went by pretty quickly too!

17. I stalked Alice Cherry Blossoms for almost 3 years before I finally landed one.
      She was nameless for a long time, but now she is Tinsley- no real special meaning behind it though.

Now I'm stalking other Tinys....but maybe I want something bigger....not sure yet!

18. I didn't have to wait hardly at all for my first girl, a DOD Si girl, becasue I bought her via my sister-in-law. However, I ordered my second (first to be ordered and sent), an Asleep Eidolon Dou Sha on May 19 and have a feeling I will be waiting for her for a lifetime (Lifetime = 12-15 weeks). I already love her so much, and Arianna is looking forward to meeting her little sister.

19. I have been drooling over BJDs since about 2001. I didn't get my first one until 2005. I ordered my Dollfie Dream and she arrived in about 6 weeks. My DD has had the same elastic for going on 6 years. Is that unusual?

20. Do u still remember how long did you wait for your first doll?
      - My first doll is an Iplehouse EID Akando, and it took him around 3 weeks to be made then shipped home to me, it was pleasantly fast, luckily for me.

Is there any special meaning about their name?
      - Erm, he adopted one of my char's name, just cuz' I think it fits him ^^'' no special reason, really.

Any things special or unforgettable happened while you get them?
      -
      Have you seen an EID box before (and the big guys themselves)? yeah, shocked me the first time too.