1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How long did you wait for your first doll??

May 13, 2010

1. I'm still waiting for my first doll X3 it has been like 45 days or so.

I'm planning to name him as ciel lumiere blaue rose. Ciel, if im not mistaken, means sky. Lumiere means light. Blaue Rosen means blue rose XD
      whenever he'll be going to dress up as a girl, he will be Lunira Eliexiel Synclair Noir Versailles or LUNA :D

2. My doll is a hybrid, the head was late 1 week, and the body 1 month. ^_^

3. I waited far too long to get my first doll, years really.
      I finally gave in when I saw her in person at a con. Fell absolutely head over heels. I bought her up with money I really didn't have ^^;
      So, no ordering, wait time or box opening for her, but I don't regret it. She's a RS Bei
      I actually had no idea what I was going to name her, so I started calling her 'Honey' as I usually do for inanimate objects and small cute things. It stuck though, so that's her name now c: Boyfriend suggested if I ever get a boy doll in her size I name him Clover XD

4. I only had to wait for Saizer for a total of 21 days. Angel of Dream is amazingly fast.

5. This is 3d week of my waiting for first doll and she is not even sent :( so it's gonna be real long...

6. My first two dolls (yush, two, I'm so greedy.. o_o'' ) was a dot Ducan and a doc Si from dream of doll, both blank. ^^'
      Aaaand... I waited... For two months... x__x The first month was... Ok... The second was pain all to the end as I expected 3 months. x'D

7. Both of my dolls are off the marketplace so my first girl I only have to wait about three days for. My second girl, Desi, if you count the time it took for me to pay for her then about a month and a week. So not very long for either. <3

8. Just to quote SoulDoll:

So according to SoulDoll, it takes about a month and half to receive the doll. I order my girl on December 1st and got her by December 18th. CRAZY! It only took about 2 weeks and keep in mind this is during the busy holiday season.

Yupp, Pucci was my Christmas miracle. (o^-')b

9. My very first doll was a Dollfie Dream Dynamite that I named "Manami". My Nana gave her to me as a gift, after I made my sick Mum a Mini Dollfie Dream in an Angel dress. (Mum has stage 4 breast cancer and renal failure) I waited a week for for her to arrive, which was rather quick... but it took me another week to give her a face up (My paints and Manami's clothes which I bought myself had yet to arrive). So basically, it took me two weeks to get Manami put together and ready to show!:aheartbea

Then, a month later... I got my first REAL ball jointed doll! An Angel Street Zazean Doll I named "Lee Dawnstar", after my avatar in World of Warcraft. He was in stock at Mint on Card, and arrived in four days of purchase (ordered on a Friday, arrived on a Monday) Sadly, he came with one broken hand, but because he was one of the first 100 off the line, he came with two extra sets of hands. "Mint on Card" offered to replace his hand, so that was fine by me. I bought Lee two different sets of eyes to play around, after I learned I was not fond of acrylic eyes. He has brought much joy to my life... though it's been a pretty crappy ride. (My own autisim and ailments, Mum being sick, etc. )

But back on the topic. I seem to have been lucky enough to get my first dolls rather quickly. :sweat

10. -I've been waiting about a week so far. He should arrive today or tomorrow though =^.^= (God UPS had me worried because they didn't update the tracking info for four days! I'm glad i went through the dealer!)

-As I typed this post out, it gave me an idea for one. I'm tempted to throw out all my plans once again and call him Lucky XD

-So far? I got absurdly lucky getting him in the first place. Junkyspot was clearing out their stock of B&G Dolls, which up until this point had been too far out of my price range. I'd been ogling both the B&G and Bobobie boys for some time, but I'd pretty much decided that I was getting a Bobobie first. I'd been trying to save up for two years for one. (hard to do when one gets almost there and loses their job a week later.) So when the sale popped up in the updates I was expecting someone else to buy him very quickly. Somehow, he managed not to be snatched up in almost a month while I got things in order and sold my mutual fund to pay for my car repairs and my cat's vet bill. Between that, my doll fund, and me not going crazy at Acen this year (unlike last year lol) I was able to get not one, but TWO dolls! One for me, and one for my sis. (When I told her that the doll she'd wanted more than anything was on it's way, she went from depressed to elated in about ten minutes. It was both uplifting and frightening.)

So I raise a toast to little miracles that bring us resin children!

11. Even though I've known about BJDs for a couple years, I didn't order one until last week. I'm not really sure why I waited so long. I think I kinda forgot about them for a year and then saw a picture recently that re-sparked the interest. Now I'm pretty addicted it seems. I'll have hit my first week of waiting since I ordered my first BJD tomorrow, and I probably have about 4 more weeks to go after that. >.>

12. I was looking around for a doll for about a 1.5/2 years before I found the one I wanted,
      Then i made a saving plan so I would be able buy him about 6 months later
      and finally.............

I still ordered him about a month later because the company that sold him would go out of sale for an unknown amount of time (Dollshe, they are back now). and i stillll love him

13. Oh my goodness.

I ordered my first doll from Charles Creature Cabinet in Oct. Now I hear all production of dolls has been stalled all year. I'm trying really hard to be patient! >.<

14. My order for my first went out on June 30th and I'm in my sixth week of waiting. So I have about 4-5 more weeks to go before she should be here, or at least they told me what the average waiting period was. I'm REALLY excited and I'm getting rather impatient XDD; especially since I really want to get to work on doll clothes right now and start cosplaying with her. I actually bought her wig and wig cap two days ago so within a week or two, I'll have her wig and she won't be bald! So it's really exciting! I try my best not to get overally excited or impatient and start messaging them how far along they are with my doll XD But my friend helps me with my excitement by talking to me about BJDs and talking about our plans for outfits and such for our dolls. She's saving up her money for her doll that she hopes to order soon. x3
      As for how long I've been waiting before actually considering get a doll? For years actually. I knew about them but never could find out much information on them. And it was a half year ago, I was in Walmart with my two friends and we saw this mother and her daughter with an SD male and an MSD girl. It was then and there I finally made up my mind about seriously getting one. It took me a little bit to save up for it, especially since I had cosplays on top of it. And then it was another long wait as I was doing a TON of research to find her, as I saw her modeling wigs but could not find out what model she was until someone finally told me. x3

15. It didn't take me long after discovering bjds to order my first -- I happened to have some extra cash at the time, and had been going through some stressful stuff so I figured it would be a good way to reward myself. I had to decide quickly on which particular doll, because one of the ones I was considering (and ended up buying) was only available during an order period that was almost up.

It took almost exactly a month after I ordered before he arrived. I picked a Japanese name I liked the sound of. However, after having him for a little over five years, I've been experimenting lately and trying to revamp him and his character, so the name might change again -- or not, I'm not sure.

The box opening was very exciting, since I had never seen a bjd in person before :)

16. My very first bjd was a BBB Sprite doll head, which I ordered through Denverdoll. It took around 2 months. Then I waited about a month more to get her body, and AoD. The funny thing is, though, that before her head arrived, I saw a sale on ebay for an AoD NiNi for $70, and bought it impulsively and received it in less than a week.

17. I waited almost a year before buying my first BJD. She was a Doll-zone Shoyo and I saved $20-$30 a week from my paycheck to save up for her. I ordered her from Featherfall around the time they had a sale on their pet dolls so it took me almost 4 months before I actually got her. All that waiting was awful! In the end it was worth it! When I first opened the box I was so happy! And then of course it led to my addiction and the eventual ownership of 9 dolls..>.>

18. I'm in my 9th week of waiting for my first doll. The waiting isn't so bad but when you've reached week nine, you start to feel a bit... bleh. >.< At least for me I'm starting to get a bit burnt out from the wait. I ordered things one by one of what I wanted for her but I'm on my last item and it should be here tomorrow. XD; So yeah, I'm still very excited that I'll be getting my first doll. Her name, Tsuki, has some meaning to me. It means "moon" in japanese. The moon apparently is sort of a sign that often presents itself to me a lot, as I was told and noticed as well. (Like in tarot readings, the moon card always comes up thus I was told it represented me) So there is some meaning behind Tsuki's chosen name.

19. I have lots of dollies, but I have been waiting for "the" dolly (my first big one - dollfie dream) for probably over 5 years. The first time I played a Japanese RPG video game, I fell in love with the character and the style and I wanted something tangible of my own. I went searching and found Volks. It has taken and long time, but my 10th anniversary is this month and my first DD is on her way!

20. I waited for my first boy about half of a year before I bought him and after that something like month until I got him.
      For my new boy, who is a hybrid, I'm still waiting for. His body and eyes on the way :3